Page 7 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 5:19 am

psychohist wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
As I recall, before Reagan turned the abortion issue into a Republican party plank, abortion was largely a non-partisan issue. Jesse Jackson was a pro-life liberal, and George W. Bush was a pro-choice conservative.

Even Reagan was an "I'll never do it" pro-lifer, not a "you should never do it" pro-lifer. Don't forget he appointed O'Connor, who was instrumental in keeping the court on the pro-choice side for decades.

You must mean George H.W. Bush, the older guy, right? I think George W. Bush was pretty clearly not pro-choice; don't forget he's the one who prohibited use of new stem cell lines from aborted fetuses in research. His entire campaign strategy turned on getting out vote of the religious right.

Yes, I definitely meant George H.W. Bush.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 2:21 pm

cdfox7 wrote:
psychohist wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
holy crap. I just realized there are no classical conservatives left. 8O

My wife is one, possibly the only one. Of course, she calls herself a "monarchist".

I bet she'll be loving this Friday then?

Evidently yes, as she informed me yesterday that she'd be getting up early on Friday so she could watch live.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 3:59 pm

psychohist wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:
psychohist wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
holy crap. I just realized there are no classical conservatives left. 8O

My wife is one, possibly the only one. Of course, she calls herself a "monarchist".

I bet she'll be loving this Friday then?

Evidently yes, as she informed me yesterday that she'd be getting up early on Friday so she could watch live.

lol its a royal free zone in my house tomorrow, to me its just another bloody wedding.