Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

user1001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Apr 2011, 7:26 pm

Am I the only one that is like a ghost throughout high school? I'm 17 male and I am the biggest loner in the whole school. I have none to talk to and people don't even know I exists. I would walk around school and none really recognizes me only 7 people and that is it. I would just walk around school just trying to get through the day and I have nothing to do. It feels repetitive most of the time (like star trek online). I get up get ready go to school and come home that is it. I have nothing to do. I am never invited to anyone's house and I never invite anyone over and I get so bored most of the time. I have nothing much to do on the weekend and I don't want to join a club on the weekend because I don't want to stay at school after or before school. I get really bored most of the time and I never have anyone to hang out with. When I am at lunch I would go upstairs and eat and work on school work and not talk to anyone downstairs. When I am in the classroom I would see everyone has someone to talk to and I am the only one alone so I get a book and look like I am occupied with something. I feel really jealous and alone most of the time and I don't get any social interaction. Some people that I have meet hate me instantly for some reason and I did nothing wrong to them. I am the nicest person in the universe and I have this thing set in my mind that everyone at school is evil. I don't have much to say at school so I seem mute. I get lonely and I am shy and quiet most of the time. people act like I am not even alive and not around. I know I posted this before but it was in the wrong section and I wanted to make a continuing thread based off of this and I found the right section for this to which is in the adolescent forums so I can talk to other teens and I would like to share their experiences with mine and see if I am the only one that is like a ghost in high school? Am I the only one that is like this?

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 7:34 pm

Speaking from experience here, being a ghost is so much better than being famous. It gets annoying really quick.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 8:31 pm

Socializing is much better in college where people are more accepting. Also, clubs are a good way to meet people who have similar interests to yourself. But being a loner can be a good thing :).

KrissyDawn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2011, 3:21 am

dude you just described me in high school but i did have one friend so everyone thowt i was lesbian because i wouldnt talk to anyone else and now that ive graduated i regret not making myself talk to anyone else but i grew up with her so it was kinda easy. but if you sit and look bored some one will come talk to you and youll have a friend soon and a GOOD friend

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2011, 6:12 pm

SammichEater wrote:
Speaking from experience here, being a ghost is so much better than being famous. It gets annoying really quick.

That also helps when doing something constructive. You dont want to be annoyed while doing something tedious

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2011, 8:27 pm

Can't say I've ever been a ghost. My personality is too precocious to go unnoticed. But that doesn't mean I had many friends. Up until about 2.5 years ago I had pretty much none (I thought I had some, but from what people tell me now I was really just tolerated). But now I have a decent number of friends. I'm not invited to people's houses a lot and I don't invite people to my house much, but that's mostly because we're all too busy with school work. Well, some of them find time to get together, but that's mostly the girls having there time together (for whatever it is they do and do not want the guys over for).

hamption3232
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2011, 8:40 pm

I feel the same way although I had a couple of good friends until recently. I lost both of them and I have almost no one to talk to not to mention that I am a huge out cast at school.