The Oddest way to get mad at a friend who rejected you

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 4:00 pm

Hi there, we have all been rejected by a friend close we once felt close to and have even been mad at them. However, what is the oddest of the off behavior that was pulled?

For me, I rejected by a close childhood friend once she became an adolescent and started slowly brushing me off in a passive aggressive manner and leading me around by not telling me what was bothering her. So, I chose to prank her in a few times when I was 15 instead of trying to let her know that I was mad at her.

Examples:

1. I left a message and said that they were eligible to win free movie passes to see the new movie "Volcano," in 1997.
2. When we had our first falling out, I called them up and left a message on the phone imitating Darth Vader's respiratory system.

We then didn't speak for a few years after that and then reunited in 1999 but she discovered that I was weird and different and still a child so she kept making and breaking promises and then brushing me off when I tried to confirm. So, I finally got the message but I wanted to let her know that I was mad for wasting my time and so I against pranked her over an entire summer.

1) I dialed *67 so that my number would be blocked and then called the number holding down the mute button and letting the receiving end get frustrated and hang up.
2) I called up and pretended to shout at this girl in German.
3) I left messages where I was pretending to cry and saying things like, "Why did you do that, you meanie," and hung up.
4). (Non Prank) Threw a temper tantrum on their answering machine by accusing them that it a a shame that I was not invited to her birthday party since I had invited her to somethings and wanted to favor returned and that I didn't get my HS. graduation gift from her.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 5:37 pm

Sorry Miyah, but that's more than a little f-d up. I'm not surprised she didn't invite you to her party. You'll end up with no friends if you treat people like that.

Friends come and go. It hurts but it happens to everyone and you can't let yourself get bitter and make other people's lives a misery as 'punishment'.

sufi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 7:02 pm

yup, sounds like stuff a 15 yr old would do.
I have never behaved as you have described

Look for three or more options.
"I'm not too crazy about reality, but it's the only place to get a decent meal.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 8:27 am

This was a long time ago when I was 18. However, I am 29 and now know how to act when it comes to getting mad at people, lol. However, I do agree that it was a bad thing to do in her case. At that time, I didn't have any social skills and maturity to let her know that I was hurt and disappointed.

She has different learning disabilities on her end and really didn';t understand Asperger's Syndrome and so she did the normal human response mode. This girl also wasn't interested in me but kept giving me mixed signals and leading me around that she was interested and that is what made me angry. She was also bored with me because she was wild and guy crazy because she was insecure about herself while any woman was threat to her. In many ways she is still guy crazy and has not grown up.

Reason for behavior-She and I made plans for her to sleepover one night and I looked forward to it. However, she called me on the day of the sleepover telling me that something had come up and that she would do it the next day. Long story short, and she her mother gave me the run around about sleeping over when she was not interested. She never came to sleep over and never communicated what was wrong. She had also promised to invite me to her 16th Birthday party and never did.

If I talked to her now, I have outgrown her games and don't bother to play them with her because I have too many other neat friends who are interested. Besides, she's still very immature, very abusive, arrogant, and passive aggressive with her. For instance, I had once attempted to ask her what I did wrong to sour our friendship. She wrote back as if nothing had happened and said, "I'm sorry but I am busy with my business, I will call you in a few days." So I wrote back and mentioned if she was going to act like that not to even proceed to write or call me because I was tired of her games and her lies and I left it at that.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 1:17 pm

I would say what you did sounded like a form of harassment that could have gotten you into a great amount of trouble. Even though it sounded like this girl was wrong for leading you around and then breaking her promise, you were wrong to stoop down to her level like that. I don't know the whole story but it sounds like you were pretty damaged and wanted to hurt her for hurting you so badly.

Listen, I have had some friends just like her and I know exactly how you felt when she pulled all this on you. However, when someone keeps acting like that, it means that they just plain are not interested. There wasn't anything wrong with it, it sounded like there was something wrong with her for treating you like that.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 11:49 am

Sigh, I'll admit I did do the *67 thing and prank called this one girl for months when she purposely and continously flirted with a guy I really cared about just to really hurt him in the end. Okay, a lot of it was funny, the way she fell for the SAME classic over and over and over (Hi, this is the American Electric Company. Is your refrigerator running?). But seriously, it's not really a mature way to solve things and in the end I didn't feel any better.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 5:11 pm

What you did was relatively mild compared to the one who posted what she did to this girl who hurt her. Yours sounds more like typical girl jealousy to be mean for being a flirt. At the same time it does sound rather funny.

DreamLord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Sep 2011, 12:17 am

When I was five and found out my friend was changing schools I began to hit him occasionally. As always in every instance nobody bothered to work out why I felt the need to do this.

kopetski

23 Sep 2011, 1:36 pm

ah a perfect topic to tell my most recent story ! !
:D :D :D :D

I met this girl some weeks ago. She lived here since one year and didn't know anybody really. She seemed cool and quite sensitive/intelligent AND she was making so many plans of things we would do together; I KNOW I have to be careful and just let time tell whether someone is reliable and all that stuff.. so I went to see her 3 times in one week. That's an awful lot for me, since her city is one hour drive away over highway. So this all went quite well. We spent some time chatting and she wanted to go to the coast with me the next week. We already talked about it earlier, but now I thought she was getting to know me a bit better and visa versa, so I thought it was sure we'd go. I said I had to watch the weather report, since it's a bit cold/rainy in my country, but the next week was going to be ok.
She went out that Thursday night, for the first time.. I didn't want to go, because I needed my time alone ! She had fun anyway, stayed until sunrise.. pff.. I saw it coming.
THen I didn't hear from her until Monday. That day, I was nervous because we were supposed to go to sea that week but I had no clue of her plans. I mailed her Monday afternoon to ask what her plans were...
She answered: I'll go to the coast tomorrow morning with my new friends. You can come too if you want.
this was NOT a good answer. I got mad, and I mailed back that she was not my kind of friend.
Ok.. in hindsight she might think I'm an insane woman but still I think she was the one doing things all wrong. It's ok to take a few more friends along on a trip (ok if you're not an ASPIE ! !! I HATE GROUPS), but NOT to arrange the whole trip without person 1 knowing about it and without telling them about it so they can prepare.
She wrote back that she didn't understand my reaction and she didn't mean to hurt me.. But I already made up my mind and decided I should stop this 'friendship' because she's the kind of girl that would hurt me over and over again with ignorance. So I mailed her a decent explanation (without referring to ASD) and the mail was pretty harsh too. I said "at least you f****d up early", and that her type of arrangement just meant she didn't want me to come along.
It was pretty decent but harsh.. And I never heard from her again.

It hurt like hell for one week. I couldn't understand why she had done this thing to me.. plussometimes I get so damn emotionally attached to people, even if I don't even like being around them that much. Now it's been a month, I'm over it. I feel bad about my mail and my reaction, and I wish I could just relax when something like this happens. My reaction (because it hurts so much) destroys a lot. I 'm not angry at her anymore; I thing she was just desperate to have some people to go with her to the coast.

So try not to do VERY bad things, because after the initial emotions vanish, you might feel sorry.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 9:14 am

Two examples.

1) I was about six and an a half, and my mother went to house sit and take care of a 10 year old girl. This 10 year old had a computer that she loved to print images which was in her father's office. One-day, she had a friend over and they happened to print off images for greetings. (This was in 1988) I really wanted to print off some greetings and kept asking when it would be my turn next. They got addicted and kept saying, "Let us do just one more". I got frustrated and went outside when I found a rock to pick up and throw at the monitor as I wanted to break it. So, I went back into the house when they were on the computer and hurled the rock at the monitor. The rock hit the monitor and did not break it but it messed the images up for a day.

2) I recently had gone to meet two friends for a free concert at a center for the performing arts on my campus. I had gotten to the arts center area way before. I had also been waiting around the center and then decided to call one of the friends. This woman picked up the phone, and I asked if they were on their way. It turned out that they were eating across the street at a local diner. This happened to touch my buttons because they did not bother to contact me and see if I was in the area. I was also angry with one of these friends and so it didn't help. So I went across the streets, and into the dinner, and pounded my fist on their table. "What's the matter?" They asked. I replied that I was angry with them for not bothering to invite me to lunch.

Neither one of these scenarios were acceptable but I thought I would bring them out since they were both odd and they involve getting mad.