Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kepheru
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Apr 2011, 7:52 am

anbuend wrote:
Yes. It does actually make sense because even good changes disrupt the routines and situations that we're familiar with and able to deal with easily. It's known even among nonautistic people that for instance they get stressed as much about going on a fun vacation as about anything negative.

Yes, it does make sense in that way but I was referring to times when change meant being able to skip a step completely, rather than doing something different but supposedly easier instead, if that makes sense.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 6:23 am

Actually, I only would rather get the bus instead of someone offering me a lift because I have an obsession with the bus. I think I wouldn't care one way or another otherwise.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 6:30 am

The nice thing about catching the bus is you can ignore everybody else and not be considered rude.

Accepting a lift is always fraught with danger.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 6:57 am

bucephalus wrote:
does anybody that has taken buses in England think this?

The most frightening public transport I've seen in LA - the English buses are a wonderful experience compared.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

02 May 2011, 10:52 am

Yeah, that happens to me. People usually point out that what they're doing is helpful, but if the change happens that's part of my routine, I'll show my displeasure.