I don't mind hot weather but don't prefer it 7%  7%  [ 18 ]
I hate hot weather and prefer the cold seasons 28%  28%  [ 67 ]
I hate hot weather and prefer the cold seasons 28%  28%  [ 67 ]
Total votes : 242

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 4:00 am

If I can stay active I can enjoy temperatures between -20 to +25 C (-4 to 77 F). Above is awfull, it was 35 C in the shade two weeks ago and I was melting away. :? At night it was around 25-30, you couldn't sleep, the bed was a pool of sweat in the morning...

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 4:26 am

Im happiest between 20-35 C. I hate the cold! Im small and thin boned and cold cuts through me like a knife. I was built for hotter weather.

Taking a break.

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 4:35 am

I prefer cold. It's good to live in this country, that is so North.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 7:04 am

I can't stand hot weather, either, but I like the not too hot temperatures, like 70_F.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 7:15 am

each option is listed twice, yet no one has mentioned it. it is only apparent on my computer?

i dislike being hot much more than being cold. i have far fewer sweat glands on my body than the average person. even on the hottest days, my body does not sweat, and i even remain dry under my arms and in my shoes (where people report they sweat most).
maybe it is because of my distant arctic ancestry where sweat glands were not too important.
anyway, people that are working outside on hot days with their shirts off all seem to be completely wet. then a mild breeze comes up and they all greatly appreciate the breeze because of the evaporation of their sweat resulting in pleasantly reduced temperature of their skin.

if i am outside working in the heat, there is little use taking my shirt off because the breeze feels just like hot air blowing on me. fans have no effect on me. i can not remain long in the heat.

that is why i prefer hot days over cold days.

(i will just go off topic for a tick to say that i said the above once to a group of people in casual conversation at work, and i was interrupted so i left it at that and departed, and they thought i was sicker in the head than they previously thought).

the reason i prefer hot days is that i am always in an air conditioned environment except when transiting between them.
my house is set to 19C (66F) in summer, and 23C (73.4F) in winter. i am mainly at home because i work from home. i go to the supermarket which is also air conditioned in my air conditioned car. i have periods of less than a minute actually experiencing the heat outside.
if i am trapped outside for some reason (like the car air con breaks down and i am stuck in traffic) and get unbearably hot, then to eventually step into the 19C of my house is heavenly relief.

on cold days, i do not get that cold when outside and i can do more work. it is not as relieving to walk back into the warmth as it is to walk into the cool from a stinking hot day.

as well, heating bills are much higher than cooling bills. my electricity bill in winter is about $800 (aus) per quarter. in summer it is about $350 per quarter.

if there was no such thing as air conditioning, or if i could not afford it, then i would vastly prefer cold days over hot ones.

the only way to get cool then would be to go swimming and i hate being wet with cold water.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 8:11 am

zen_mistress wrote:
Im happiest between 20-35 C. I hate the cold! Im small and thin boned and cold cuts through me like a knife. I was built for hotter weather.

Strangely enough I have the same build you describe and anything above 25C drives me insane. There are probably other factors...

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 8:55 am

Weather it is cold or hot topic

Prefer temperate. In southern Ontario right now, this summer has been really surprisingly cool.

We are experiencing global cooling. :lol:

A lot of the posters in this old thread have not been seen for years. Blame the climate??

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 9:31 am

Considering the fact that almost the entire month of June in New England was all rain, I very much would like some hot sunny days but I would prefer a dry heat. I don't mind a dry heat that reaches say, 85. What I don't like it when the dew point is about 70 and the weather is all sticky and humid.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 3:44 pm

I love hot, sunny weather. I don't like when it gets hot enough that you're sweating profusely because I hate being wet, but I can stand much hotter temperatures than most people. I abhor being cold, though. It doesn't take me long to cool down, but if I'm cold, I take a long time to feel warm.
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 3:59 pm

I don't mind it if I can handle the heat, but if it's too hot then no.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 4:10 pm

Sallamandrina wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:

Strangely enough I have the same build you describe and anything above 25C drives me insane. There are probably other factors...

Hmmm. It could be because I have non-european ancestry... this ancestry having taken place in a hot country. Also I spent 5 years of my childhood in Australia where it got up to 40 C .. I think the body gets conditioned. When I went to live in Europe I nearly went mad in the winter!

Taking a break.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 4:51 pm

I like the Seasons of change-Autumn and Spring-perfect for me is warm sun with a cool breeze
I really hate humidity-you always feel dirty!

SystemDown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jul 2009, 5:02 pm

I hate cold weather. I prefer the hot weather. I grew up in Florida.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Jul 2009, 6:59 pm

I like hot weather. Living in Wisconsin makes you really appreciate it. I hate the cold and snow. The only thing about the cold that's good is that I don't have to worry so much about how well I'm dressed with all the winter clothing.

Sorta off topic but the weather(usually about how terrible it is) is pretty big small talk here. Can go on for about 10 minutes on that.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 7:56 pm

I'm desensitized to hot weather now, I can play hours of football without a drink in 25 degree heat now

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 11:45 pm

The only thing that I like about the summer weather is that the skies are blue. Other than that, I welcome the colder seasons. I can not stand the heat. The summers are getting hotter and hotter, too. I'm also Sid shaped, as well like an egg. :O)