Page 7 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

CeciliaAnn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Feb 2012, 12:35 pm

I'm always told that I walk too fast. It's either because I want to get out of where I'm at, or just because I have a set destination. I prefer my bike for leasurely outings.

"Misery's fun, I'm kissing everyone... I gotta hold my tongue." - The Breeders

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 9:13 pm

I have the opposite problem. I walk super slowly. In daycare, I was told to "scoot" and to "pick up my feet" so often. My dad complains about how slow I walk. If he is hungry and we are walking to food court at the mall, he walks REALLY fast, but I slug about 2 metres behind him.

Now my mom, who I am pretty sure is NT, "trots ahead" as me and my dad like to say.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 9:32 pm

Whoa, no way! People have always commented that I walk too fast. I had no idea it was a common autistic trait.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 11:50 pm

I'm a fast walker when I'm walking by myself but I slow down my walk a lot when I'm walking with a friend. i always walk really slow when I'm talking to other people while waling. I have no idea why this is.

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 4:47 am

I'm a very slow walker when I'm not working, but when I am, I develop a semi-permanent, "I need to catch the bus!" walk.

demue
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2012, 8:40 am

I'm an slow walker when I go for a walk in nature - sightseeing mountains, green grass and all that kind of things. But in city or at university I'm more on a "Need to catch the bus"-walk or in my case "need to catch the lecture". I just don't know why to walk slowly when I want to get somewhere to do something. When my goal is to see nature than obviously I have to walk slow 'cause it's my goal to see as many of the wonderful mountains or whatever...

Anomalia21
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Feb 2012, 9:00 am

I'm a fast walker too. I used to hit others' feet because of their slowness everytime i was in a group.

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 9:05 am

Slow walker here! People are rushing past me from all sides.
I only walk fast when in hurry. And I can hurry, unlike the rest of my family. Im a master in hurrying.

When Im with people I often have to go faster than usual (which is stressful), or tell them to go slower.