Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 6:06 pm

Assholitity
Example: The assholitity of the cat was approximately 23.7 Emotional Units.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 6:17 pm

I invented a couple of words when I was a child:

Iyaya (pronounced EE-yah-yah)- An exclamation used when one is surprised or in pain. Can also be used as a question in the vein of "huh?" If you are familiar with the anime/manga Rurouni Kenshin, then the best way I can explain "iyaya" is that it is used almost exactly like Kenshin's "oro".

I used to go around saying "iyaya" all the time, but it drove my family members mad so I was forced to stop. My siblings in particular were adamant haters of the word, and when we got older they said they actually hated me for using it.

Flusterate (pronounced fluh-stur-AYT) - portmanteau of "fluster" and "frustrate". Used when the object of your affections is flirting and teasing you, but is taking his/her own sweet time in actually hooking up with you. This word was actually coined because it was a mondegreen (misheard song lyric) from the song "Your Body is a Wonderland" by John Mayer. He says "Damn baby, you frustrate me" but I heard "Damn baby, you flusterate me".

Last edited by IdahoRose on 27 Apr 2011, 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

27 Apr 2011, 12:17 am

Sure, I like creating new words based off of Grecian and Latin roots, and I like spontaneously suffixing or prefixing english words with various roots for the sake of adequately encapsulating the meaning of something that has yet had a word invented for it.

Here's some:
Selenonephoastrology; Ceruleanodivuhelionephodiology; pluviadiolevitamalonephology; ripararborinauticology; scintillauriferolithology; stellanebulastronephology;

It's classic, I know. Who doesn't want to say "I study selenonephoastrology in my spare time."?

Here are the meanings for those who care not to find it out for themselves!

Quote:
Meaning the study of ... SPOILER ALERT... moon, stars and clouds; Clouds against a blue sky on a sunny day; Days with tempestuous clouds, lightning and rain; Rivers, trees and swimming(Close enough); Shimmery gold-bearing rocks and... stars, nebulas and stellar clouds)

So, do I get the award for the most autistic neologisms, so far?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 1:08 am

swbluto wrote:
So, do I get the award for the most autistic neologisms, so far?

Well, you certainly get the award for most complex autistic neologisms so far! :)

I came up with another word just a little while ago:

Cotsy (pronounced KAHT-see) - portmanteau of "cute", "hot" and "sexy". Used to describe any woman who has the perfect storm of cute, hot and sexy attributes. Helena Bonham Carter is very cotsy to me! In fact, I was thinking of her when I coined the word. Another woman who is cotsy to me is Anne Hathaway.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 3:13 pm

Densha wrote:
All my life.

When I was a teenager, my friend and I created our own language. We had hundreds of pages of new words and definitions which we called 'the dictionary of my head'. I still use approx 20 words daily from it. :oops:

I also created a language and sometimes use words from it... 'ika means to create a temporary fix, a solution which should work but is not elegant.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

27 Apr 2011, 6:30 pm

I have made up funky words most of my life, but two come to mind

yayzer which is what I say when I am happy or hear good news
example: I got money in the mail for my birthday...so I scream YAYZER and clap my hands while bouncing up and down

green necks: cross between a redneck and a earth hippie, which if you ever met one you know what I mean.

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2011, 6:44 pm

I have always been fascinated by telephone poles. There are so many different kinds.

When I was about five, I invented a word for them "digdocks."

I have no idea how I came up with that 8O but to me telephone poles will always, in my mind, be "digdocks."

**********************************************************************************

Check out my IMDB page!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 7:26 pm

i have this friend who invented this word "butsin harbor" and a whole entire language to go along with it.it was once said of him your gonna re write the websters dictionary.i guess it was a take off on boston harbor.this guy literaly invented his own language.im fluent in randy speak and you could listen to us talk for hours and not know what where talking about

gen-ph
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Apr 2011, 9:19 pm

I used to think I made a lot of them, but all of them are real/from a television series.

N'kay - Used instead of "Okay" and "Fine", replaced with "I will" nowadays (the phrase sounding far more creepy, apparently, so I'm trying to change back).

Thingy - I use this for everything (even things that I know the name too), and didn't even realize that it was a real word up until a few days ago.

I did make up a written language for myself that I still know fluently today, oddly enough.

AQ// 41 out of 50
Aspie Quiz// AS: 168/200 NT: 46/200

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:19 pm

One of the words I made up was "comcrasher." which is a computer that crashes all the time. That currently describes my failing computer because it freezes all the time. I have others but can't think of any right now. I constantly did it as a kid though.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:53 pm

emotistical - (1) the state of mind in which one's own emotional state takes precedence over all other matters; (2) a form of behavior typified by emotional expression out of proportion to the stimuli of the underlying emotion; (3) the belief that one's emotional state is the best determinant of the validity or veracity of a claim.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 1:07 am

Fnord wrote:
emotistical - (1) the state of mind in which one's own emotional state takes precedence over all other matters; (2) a form of behavior typified by emotional expression out of proportion to the stimuli of the underlying emotion; (3) the belief that one's emotional state is the best determinant of the validity or veracity of a claim.

I love that word! I think I'm going to have to start using it.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

28 Apr 2011, 1:36 am

Fnord wrote:

Example sentence: The vast majority of NTs are emotistical, for their emotions determine who's 'correct' and who's not.