Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

winterishere
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Apr 2011, 3:19 am

well actually, even my visual hallucinations are extremely unsettling and scary. I don't like them at all.
Sometimes they touch me too (not in a weird way, just on the wrist...)

But 'purchase' wrote what I am wrestling with during my hallucinations - that reality is a creation of the mind.

I don't know what to think when I get them... Whether my mind is playing tricks or whether spirits are revealing themselves.

By the way, every hallucination seems 'real'
duh.
That's why they are known as hallucinations, because we think they're real.
they are no more real for schizophrenic than they are for others.

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2011, 8:53 pm

I ran across this post and noticed that your probablly talking about me. I can probablly explain some things.
The Large Hadron Collider is only what you believe it to be.
If every action creates a reaction there are multiple possible reactions.
Each one spilts into its own reality.
Each reality overlaps.
Thoughts create actions.
Actions create realitys.
Each thought creates a different reality.
Remember when the LHC broke down in our universe a few years ago?
What happened in other universes?
Now its not the same LHC, Is it?
The LHC has already shown us what it does.
As our worlds overlap you are a peice in mine as i am a peice of yours.
You might say I know this because of insanity.
But insanity is only an overconnected energy to connected to the fabric of space time anomolies.
Theres no way out.
Yet once again.
We have created ourselves.

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2011, 9:07 pm

Ill give you a hint too. Actions have a bigger influence on timelines than thoughts (obviously). Just thinking alone is not enough to usually change things significantly. However you can do something with the thought in mind of what you want to see as a result your actions are very powerful even if to others they seem meaningless and absurd. You will likely only affect your own timeline however, but dont worry, thats all youll ever need to bring.

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 1:42 pm

I do hallucinate but it's not delusion. Like for example my mom and I sat my sister's cat between just before my sisters wedding 'til just after her honeymoon and after he left at random I could hear little mews and one day I saw something hanging down from a window ledge or somewhere and thought it was his tail.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 9:14 am

I once saw black birds diveing infront of my car when I was driveing across two states. I eventualy realised they weren't real, and then felt less annoyed. I had lost two days and nights of rest. Now, I see buzzing insects all the time, and it's rather annoying. My mind wants to think something is there, and it annoys me to have to think "No" alot.

Occasionaly, however, some relatives and I will come across a very odd illusion we can't explain, since during some of them we weren't tired, druged, or anything of the kind. I woke from a nap, heard my mother come home, and while she was getting dressed into something more comfortable, an shadey humanoid figure briefly look around the corner, as if checking on me. :duh: :shrug: It was day light to. The sun wasn't going to set for another 3 hours. It's layed out like this..

1 corner with door
2 my room
3 bed in the corner
4 window just next to it faceing the south without curtains.
:shrug:

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 12:17 pm

swbluto wrote:
Does anyone else think it'd be extremely fun to visually hallucinate for a day? I'd *love* to see demons for at least a day because that'd really surprising to see since I don't believe they exist! Maybe... just maybe... that'd make me a BELIEVER!

Or if I saw god. [sarcasm]Yep, that'd make me convert.[/sarcasm]
Dear Lord. I'm actually someone who does hallucinate, and is on antipsychotics, and I'm a lot less mad than you. Fun to hallucinate? Yeah right... I'd like to see how you'd respond if it really happened.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

01 May 2011, 1:41 pm

mgran wrote:
swbluto wrote:
Does anyone else think it'd be extremely fun to visually hallucinate for a day? I'd *love* to see demons for at least a day because that'd really surprising to see since I don't believe they exist! Maybe... just maybe... that'd make me a BELIEVER!

Or if I saw god. [sarcasm]Yep, that'd make me convert.[/sarcasm]
Dear Lord. I'm actually someone who does hallucinate, and is on antipsychotics, and I'm a lot less mad than you. Fun to hallucinate? Yeah right... I'd like to see how you'd respond if it really happened.

It just requires the right perspective. You see, most people who hallucinate tend to interpret events in their life in a negative manner, which agrees with the typical anxious/fearful personality of a delusional schizophrenic, and so most who hallucinate probably would think of hallucinating as bad -- But, if you have just the right dose of optimism and a positive way of looking at things, those demons can become your best friends! Instead of coming around with their trident and stabbing you in the foot or otherwise scaring you by touching you, they can play games with you and make you feel less lonely. But a positive thinker likely wouldn't hallucinate of demons, anyway, and instead they'd probably hallucinate of cherubs, angels or something like bunnies so they'd naturally be happy with their hallucinations. Who doesn't want to pet the velvety soft fur coat of that imaginary bunny?

So, the rule is, if you're going to hallucinate, it pays to be a positive thinker.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 2:14 pm

nope.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

01 May 2011, 8:55 pm

liveandletdie wrote:
nope.

That's not positive thinking.