Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NateSean
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2011, 9:46 am

Found this post in my inbox when I logged in a few moments ago. I'll let it speak for itself.

Quote:
faizet2
To: NateSean
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:55 am
Subject: Ur a DICK-HEAD!
Concerning ur post about "My Asperger's son died because authorities didn't understand his condition" Ur an absolutely ignorant dick-head, but then again if ur an aspie u might have some lack of empathy but then again ironically according 2 ur theory or stance no exemptions should b made 4 n e body!
I'm assuming ur Aspie condition is of such that u don't understand (u wouldn't make such a blanket statement otherwise!) what it's like 2 b REALLY persistently physically & mentally unwell, ppl fed up or given up hope with u (i.e. ppl treating u like a burden as ur a young but almost vegetative state) & a complete loss of hope in life which this young man clearly did have. A loss of hope in life. This is y we have euthanasia clinics (e.g. Switzerland, the Netherlands, Thailand, Luxembourg 2 name a few countries that have this system) 4 ppl who make a decision that their life is no longer worth bearing through either constant & persistant pain (emotional, mental or physical) or other suffering & misery. For e.g. some ppl who r terminally ill wish 2 die a dignified way & not b considered & treated like a burden on their family & relatives.
MANY (although I'm not saying all) Aspies CANNOT, r unable & don't have the capacity 2 adapt & will b "awkward" 4 the rest of their lives & will need assisted living 1 way or another, either through their parents, family, carers, support workers or austic/asperger's residential homes.
You can't just say throw them out into the real cruel, hostile, tough generally ignorant world & assume eventually they'll learn basic life-skills. This would just make them vulnerable 2 exploitation.
As u may well know, Aspies learn, digest, process info differently & it's a wide severity spectrum of circumstances frm person 2 person.
Most Aspies r male & most will never marry/have a partner or procreate. 50% of them live @ home with their parents well into adulthood & only 15% (according 2 the NAS-The National Autistic Society) r able 2 hold down a steady, permanent job. There is some hope 4 ppl with less severe autistic conditions/traits who shouldn't give up but these r frustrating statistics, but 4 some unfortunately is their life.
The only hope I say (& I know it's in the works, although obviously there is currently nothing on the market) is a form of medication 4 ppl with more severe aspies or autistic traits 2 help them deal with their traits or quirks. I know ppl may think medication is not a cure-all & there will b side-affects but currently there is nothing (unless 1 MAY consider cannabis personally helpful 4 their own circumstances lol
Ur comments portray urself as some right-wing Bible-Basher.

I especially like how this moron is trying to maintain a semblence of intelligence while so obviously holding on to the idiot ball with one hand as he types with the others. I don't even remember the discussion he's talking about.

Actually, that's not true. I remember it. But the fact that this dipthong had to PM me is proof of the fact that he couldn't post this crap in the actual comments section of said discussion and expect anyone with an IQ above their shoe sizes to take him seriously.

Enjoy.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 9:52 am

i loooove his grammar and spelling, using that language on the internet is fine (i also sometimes do that), but you dont use it in a serious discussion :P

on a more serious note, this guy is indeed terribly ignorant and misinformed. did i really read he was suggesting we all go to the netherlands and euthenise ourselfs?
he obviously has no idea what aspergers really is, and how many of us are around, working around our social differences to remain undetected...

let me guess, autism speaks boards?

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:02 am

Um...what did he/she say? I couldn't even read it properly...

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2011, 10:06 am

I would consider reporting this to the wrongplanet.net topics forum.

Merit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Apr 2011, 10:13 am

Ignore him. People like this, who are so misinformed and bigoted, are not worth any effort on your part. :roll: Let him think what he wants to think, he doesn't matter. That is, unless he starts harassing you or something.

http://push-me-further.blogspot.com/

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:13 am

http://www.wrongplanet.net/article343.html

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:18 am

i doub the person will make it to another end of gene-pool according what he just said lol

Merit

27 Apr 2011, 10:35 am

I just went through the comments of that article and read through your comment and it's replies, NateSean, and I have to say that I agree with you. If parents baby their children with A.D., it makes it hard for them to cope later.

http://push-me-further.blogspot.com/

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:38 am

I really hate text speak.

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:42 am

I have no idea what this person is even saying and it's written in such a poor way that I don't even care.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:50 am

I think he PM'd you because you didn't answer his post - he did post this on that discussion if you follow LostAlien's link.

Still doesn't excuse txt speak in a forum. That was painful to read in several ways.

I agree with him in that your assessment was kinda cold. Not wrong per se but telling a greiving mother it's her fault her son is dead because she babied him? That is kinda frigid.

The article didn't say it was suicide. It only said he died of an overdose and that his new doctor had tripled his med doses. The article was very careful to not place blame as, it would seem, there was no blame placed in his death. It could have been accidental. If he had remained with his regular doctor it may not have happened which, is what the mother is proposing.

Without knowing the extent of this man's symptoms, I'm not sure it is a good thing to pass judgements on what people should or shouldn't have done for him. I beleive I agree with your point - that low expectations result in low achievement. But there just isn't enough information provided in this article to apply that statement fairly.

I wasn't aware that some European countries had euthanasia clinics. That's just - wow. Again, everyone assumed this man commited suicide. That conclusion is assumed. This guy isn't suggesting all Aspies commit suicide... he's obviously in a culture where euthanasia is accepted over off ones self at home.

Not sure how your comment made you a right wing bible basher though.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:52 am

syrella wrote:
I have no idea what this person is even saying and it's written in such a poor way that I don't even care.

Same. It's impossible to read.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 11:17 am

1 hav3 N0 1d3A wh@ h3'2 5aY1N' 8U7 H3R32 50M3 PHunny L00K1n' W0rKd2 Ph0r 7h3 lUL2

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 11:24 am

I thought this was going to be a positive thread about the benefits of the internet. :(

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

27 Apr 2011, 11:59 am

TenPencePiece wrote:
Um...what did he/she say? I couldn't even read it properly...

Ah, you beat me to it! I was going to say the exact same thing!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 1:21 pm

LOL glad you took that well. Sometimes it's fun to turn nastygrams into fun stuff. Post it out in public for good humiliation. But couldn't find the user when I did a search on his name.

I couldn't even read the whole thing because it was too poorly written and as I have said here in the past, I tend to skip those posts.