Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Shagodah
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Apr 2011, 5:46 pm

Hello, I am an aspie student from Czech Republic currently writing my bachelor thesis. It is concerned with effect of autism on wages. To be able to write my thesis I need data from fellow people on the spectrum. Therefore I would like to ask you to fill a short questionneire in the link below. Thank you very much for your help.

The Link:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEJ2QmVsNjV4NS16SmY5WXVoQV9NYWc6MQ

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 8:14 am

You might want to clarify your thesis.

Are you trying to find if people with Autism have better/worse pay than non-Autism workers in the same job or if they are generally better/worse in the type of jobs they get and the pay that job comes with.

I have lousy pay, but I'm in a lousy job. I'm probably paid about as well as anyone else in the same job classification.

Shagodah
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Apr 2011, 2:01 pm

Rather the latter, but I think that the data could provide some answers to the former too. The idea behind the whole thing is that the fact that people with Autism are likely to have lower social skills and to be obsessed with their interests could influence the income they get. The lower social skills would tend to lower their wages since they have less acquaintances than NTs so they are less likely to get the information that there is a vacancy, and some jobs where these particular skills are required are probably not accessible for them. But on the other hand the income of people with Autism could be higher since if you are obsessed with interest that you can use in your job you are likely to do better in that job. There is also the possibility that the lower social skill play no role at all since people with Autism are able to compensate for this disadvantage by choosing appropriate jobs where these skills are not that important. The goal of my thesis is to test whether this is actually true and to what degree. I was honestly curious about that since the effects of Autism on income could work in both directions. Therefore I regret that I probably will not have enough replies to conduct it.