Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Stephanie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jan 2005, 8:29 am

On Tuesday I was doing my work experience at my local riding stables and I noticed that my favourite pony there, Chester, was fast asleep in his stable and decided to take a photo of him. I tried to be as quiet as possible so that I wouldn't wake him up but my coat somehow got caught on the mucking out tools as I went past and they fell over, knocking a stack of old pots,pans and baking trays that the yard manager was throwing out over.
Poor Chester jumped to his feet and leapt to the back of the stable with his eyes popping out of his head 8O
I feel really guilty now!

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 10:56 am

I am accident prone big time.

Here is a list of things I can rememebr doing at my current job.

Hit in the face with a rake
    Frequently dropping tools and work related objects
    Cleaning things in a sink will invariably result in water getting all over me and the surrounding area
    Jumped down from the third stair and hit my head on the ceiling
    Lost my ballance on numerous occations

My antics are quite humorous, so I just roll with em... and actually don't mind that I am accident prone. I just hope my accidents never cause harm to other folks.

Bummer you weren't able to take your pic... maybe there will be another opportunity.

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2005, 11:12 am

Accident-prone? Moi? Hell, yeah! At least now I know why.

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 11:17 am

Yep- I am always bumping into things, knocking things over and always have a range of mysterious bruises all over my legs.

Fiddler
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2005, 12:41 pm

oh yes I am. I am very clumsy.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 2:28 pm

I hear that...

I'm also pretty tough... I can shrug off most accidents I get into...

Tally
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jan 2005, 2:33 pm

I am just one big, walking accident.

Once at work I dropped a whole tray of Southern Fried chicken, fresh out of the fryer, all over the floor. There was chicken and grease EVERYWHERE! And we had to cook more chicken too. I laugh about it now, but at the time it wasn't funny :roll:

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jan 2005, 3:28 pm

A school receptionist once called me a 'walking disaster area' which I found really hurtful. Yes, Im accident-prone (Im a lot better now but still clumsy) but she made me feel like I was a major problem.

Sonas càirdeas

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 4:04 pm

I am accident prone, as you would expect.... some of them have been spectacular (and very funny for everyone else). The most recent slapstick accident that springs to mind was slipping on a childs toy with the baby in one arm. I started to fall and pushed against the backboard of a nearby bookcase - unfortunately it wasn't solid or against a wall, just against a roof beam.... so the bookcase stayed where it was, the back went through and I ended up sprawled on my back covered in shelves and ornaments etc, baby clutched to my chest, bleeding arm stuck through the shattered remains of the bookcase and its contents.... :lol:

And that is the reason why I avoid breakable objects. They don't like me.

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 6:51 pm

yeah. I'm always banging into tables, tripping over chairs, tripping over my feet, tripping over the floor at work.

I nearly slip over at work in the kitchen, but that's not my fault - they don't clean the floors properley they're a big blob of greasy mess.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 7:37 pm

I stabbed myself in the top lip very painfully and very publicly with a fork in a Chinese restaurant once (I can't use chopsticks to save my life....) I was dabbing the blood away the rest of the night :oops:

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 9:16 pm

Well, let's see...

Yes. :oops:

I find that it's probably because I'm so oblivious to what's going on around me most of the time. I focus on one thing to the exclusion of everything else, unfortunately.

For example, I was working in animation class yesterday, and when I leaned down and put my hand on the table, I heard a loud CRACK...

I broke the sheet of glass my teacher had just given me :oops: . Luckily, amazingly, actually, I hadn't cut myself.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 11:38 pm

Lets see here....

November 1992 - I slipped and fell down the stairs going to our basement

June 1993 - I broke several toes on my right foot when I tripped on our stove. The toes didn't break becasue I hit the stove, they broke because they got caught under the stove and bent up when I fell.

October 1995 - I jump up and down in excitement when I sucessfully install a 4X (oooooh, speeeeeed!!) CD-ROM drive into my computer, and smack my head on low hanging beam in our house

March 1997 - I do the same thing as above, only I was roller blading in PE class, and the object my head met was an steel beam for a stair case

riding a bike... Too many to count on both hands and feet, some notables

June 1987 - I forget how to use the brake on my bike and I crash into, and put a hole into our garage door

July 1992 - I crash my bike into a tree

June 1993 - I crash my bike into a car

July 1994 - I get my left foot caught in the front wheel of my bike and I catapult over the front, I end up with a pretty good concusion.

One thing I hated about my bike, I always would manage to get my shoelaces caught in the pedals as I rode. The laces would get wrapped up and I wouldn't notice it until I felt one shoe suddenly get really tight. The kind of bike I had was a second hand one from my grandparents where the brake was operated by turing the pedal backwards, which meant I couldn't free-wheel the pedals in reverse, so when I got my laces caught, I had two choices

1.) pedal on and break off the lace
2.) stop and preform a delicate balancing act while I took off the shoe that was caught and get it unstuck

To my credit, I never was unlucky enough to get both feet caught at the same time.

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2005, 1:21 am

Yes - definitely - I find that when I am tired this gets much worse - but I will misjudge distance so much that I will hit my hands against things hard or run into door frames . . . this got a lot worse after I had a car accident where I had a head injury but I've always had this problem to some degree . . .

Fortunately I do not feel pain like other people so when I ram into something I think 'Wow - I wonder if that will bruise?' instead of running around like most people do . . .

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2005, 2:48 pm

Yep, definitely awkward and clumsy even at the best of times. Fallen down a single stair and hurt my nose, went over the front handle bars of a bike... and many other things.

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2005, 2:55 pm

I've fallen down the stairs more times than I care to remember- I even feel down the stone cellar stairs carry some washing when I was last pregnant- luckily I only sprained my ankle. I can even fall up the stairs- before we had the central heating fitted we had to take up the kettle for hairwashing and I feel carrying it up and only just missed scolding myself.