Social Places(like Conventions) and Aspies

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jeffrey228
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Apr 2011, 11:39 pm

And this includes such things as Conventions, I mean I know there are many owners of conventions that are not well aware about about Aspies and Autistic people, I myself have been banned from one Convention back in 2003 due to some mental issues that I had problems with, and well I guess it was not pretty to begin with in my last 2 visits, the owner himself was extremely ticked off and banned me for good, but also issued a No Contact order and Cease and Disist order when the convention is going on,

And as of this, do you think people with our disablities are getting this kind of treatment that seems rather unfair or breaks ethnic codes that could lead to this?

BTW, the convention I was banned from is called Sakura Con, an Anime Convention, one that has a not so good trust rating for those seriously mentally or phiscially disabled.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 11:48 pm

Jeffrey228 wrote:
And this includes such things as Conventions, I mean I know there are many owners of conventions that are not well aware about about Aspies and Autistic people, I myself have been banned from one Convention back in 2003 due to some mental issues that I had problems with, and well I guess it was not pretty to begin with in my last 2 visits, the owner himself was extremely ticked off and banned me for good, but also issued a No Contact order and Cease and Disist order when the convention is going on,

And as of this, do you think people with our disablities are getting this kind of treatment that seems rather unfair or breaks ethnic codes that could lead to this?

BTW, the convention I was banned from is called Sakura Con, an Anime Convention, one that has a not so good trust rating for those seriously mentally or phiscially disabled.

How did you get banned from the convention?

I've been banned from a message group but I did not break any rules and no one seems to have the slightest idea why I was banned, as I did not get any warning or explanation and none of the members seemed to have any issues with me. The common consensus was that the owner was just a prick and had a reputation for banning people for questionable reasons which no one could make any sense of. *shrug*

Jeffrey228
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Apr 2011, 11:52 pm

Chronos wrote:
Jeffrey228 wrote:

How did you get banned from the convention?

I've been banned from a message group but I did not break any rules and no one seems to have the slightest idea why I was banned, as I did not get any warning or explanation and none of the members seemed to have any issues with me. The common consensus was that the owner was just a prick and had a reputation for banning people for questionable reasons which no one could make any sense of. *shrug*

Well I guess the owner knew I had a severe disorder that made this person did not give me a second chance to attend this convention, but also I figure that I will explain more on this reason in the "Members Only" forum, because there is a connection to this mess that is more like reasons the disabled are being less respected at social places unlkess it is nearly the same kind of people who have nearly the same or close to the same disorder.