Why is homosexuality mistakenly associated with pedophilia?

Page 5 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 1:35 pm

John_Browning wrote:
Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
I agree (with OP), and that it is a leap I've never quite understood.

My theory is that the reasoning works like this:

"Gay sex is not normal sex,"
"pedophilia is not normal sex"
"therefore, gay sex and pedophilia are the same."

or, of course:

"eating oranges is not normal sex"
"human-animal sex is not normal sex,"
"therefore, eating oranges and human-animal sex are the same."

I think it's a case of an un-realized assumption that straight sex is "normal," and that all other kinds of sex are the same because they are not straight sex.

It's simpler than that, It's because of the shear number of incidents of sexual abuse that are homosexual acts.

However most homosexual acts are not pedophilia and most pedophiles are not homosexual....so how how are the two correlated again?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 1:39 pm

wblastyn wrote:
Children don't have the secondary sexual characteristics that would normally attract someone to a particular gender. So it seems to me that pedophilia is seperate from gay or straight.

You are exactly right.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 2:14 pm

pedophilia is a taboo and near-unanimously hated act. by attaching it to another act considered taboo to many (homosexuality), it gives a non-theological reason to dislike homosexuals so there is a better chances of gaining the support of an individual who is not of a religious background.

Billybones
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2012, 4:00 pm

^ Yeah, got to agree with this. For all the times we've had bible verses thrown at us, we all know that homophobia isn't restricted to conservative religious nuts. But then, haters & bullies usually don't need justification - there are usually some other inadequacies or issues in play with them as well.

Magdalena
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Feb 2012, 2:45 pm

No one should feed the troll.

Your Aspie score: 130 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie
EQ Score: 37/100 ("low empathy")

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 9:12 pm

Because both, to those who make this association, seems wrong to them. And because they see homosexuality as a disease.

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

Cessna172
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2012, 4:54 am

Let's tak about peodosexuality.

Pedosexuality is a sexual orientation which consists in a primary/exclusive attraction towards children and can be mainly classified in two ways: exclusive/non exclusive, towards male children/towards female children.

We will call "exclusive pedosexual" people who are exclusively attarcted to children, we will call "boylovers" pedosexuals with a penchant for boys and "girllovers" the pedosexuals who have a penchant for girls.

If we speak about non-exclusive pedosexuals, most of them are probably girllovers.

If we speak about exclusive pedosexuals, most of them are probably boylovers.

So the PURE pedosexual is usually attracted to boys.

Why do people confuse boylovers with gay men?

Maybe because they think that boylovers are gays. So men that during the day go hand in hand with a man and during night have sex with boys.

This is false.

As I said, boylovers are usually pure pedophiles. 60-70% of them are exclusively attracted to prepubescent boys, and the remaining 30-40% is a mixture of people: straight men, gay men, bisexual men. There is no prevalenace in terms of what gender prefer the non exclusive pedophile.

The pedophile who is attracted to women and prepubescent boys, but not to men, is a very typical case.

About 50% of boylovers when asked if they would prefer to have sex with women or men, anser "women".

So, to conclusion there isn't any link between androphilia (attraction to men) and homosexual pedophilia.

Infact the preference for an age group (Adults Vs Children) is actually a part of the sexual orientation.

So, relating homosexual pedophiles with gay men is sensless exactly as relating homosexuals with heterosexuals.

And by the way, the have to sexual orientations have different origins.

Among homosexuals gender identity distortion is very common, that means many of them are probably attracted to males because they have something feminine in the brain.

Homosexual pedophiles, unlike gay men, do not tend to have a dystonic gender identity. Infact normal women are not attracted to little boys, so it is obvious that attraction to prepubescent boys has nothing to do with femininity.

The two orientations have to be studied separately.

packmaster
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Apr 2012, 2:44 am

Magdalena wrote:
No one should feed the troll.

Good point, trolls thrive on provoking others.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 11:07 am

For the same rason why it's also equated with beastiality. Homosexuality is right-wing/ culture war political touchstone, and they use deviant sexual behavior such as pedophilia, and beastiality to maximise the "woo factor" to further the argument that homosexuality is something to be hated by good right wing christian as*holes.

Rylan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Apr 2012, 12:36 pm

I'm Gay I'm not a pedophile
In a way all sex is the same but the reason that people view Homo... the same as pedo... is because straight sex is (natrully) for the reproduction system. However- these are not considering that straights do it as much for pleasure as we do. So they cannot use that in their defense. Pedophilia is also like homosexuality but an attraction to younger members of society. There is no denying it is wrong to rape a defenseless young child. But the attraction is still there so it is.

Rylan

Scottinoz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jul 2012, 7:23 am

Yeah homosexuality = pedophilia = necrophilia = cannibalism see perfect logic and 100% fact i read it on the internet from some religious nut without no evidence it must be true.

misterwizard
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Aug 2012, 10:16 am

My guess is that people associate the two because in some societies they were related such as ancient Greece or ancient Rome. In these ancient societies the point of homosexual relationships was for an older gay man to have sex with a young gay man and sort of be their mentor/sponsor in society. Even many of the Roman emperors were chosen in this fashion. This continued in some places until about the eighteenth century. Ironically these relationships were very popular in Iran at one point and of course in the Renaissance. The modern gay relationship where you are with another adult for love didn't really take off until the nineteenth century because just like with heterosexuals until then people really got married or had sexual relationships for economic reasons not because they were in love with the person. Getting married still is a way to boost your position in society by "marrying up" and until around 1800 it was the only reason to get married.

BRCub
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Aug 2012, 1:49 am

Pedophilia is a power relation. It is not gender oriented. I think girls are usually way more protected by their parents than boys thus they're less prone to assaults.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

12 Aug 2012, 10:33 pm

I disagree that most pedophilia is homosexual in nature because I have personally known over 15 women who were sexually abused as a child by adult males , 3-4 men sexually abused as a child by adult females...and only 2 men sexually abused as a child by adult males, and no women sexually abused as a child by adult females.

men/girl sexual abuse does not get the same media attention that men/ boy sexual abuse does, but men/girl sexual abuse is much more common especially in incest situations.
However woman/boy sexual abuse is much more common that believed. Female pedophiles often target boys before the age of 6 and during puberty...and it is not uncommon for boys during puberty that are abused to not realize he was victimized even though they show psychological signs of being sexually abused. I dated such a man once. He was a sex addict and the cause of his sex addiction was when he was sexually abused by a female teacher at 12 years old, even though he didnt think of the experience as sexual abuse. Sex abuse survivors usually either become hypersexual or something resembling asexual...rarely are they able to have normal sexual lives afterwards.

here is some links on stats
http://www.childluresprevention.com/res ... rofile.asp

http://www.childluresprevention.com/research/report.asp

http://mensrights.tumblr.com/post/28353 ... out-common

Interesting to note here, while homosexual pedophiles are less common, they have 3 times as many victims as hetrosexual pedophiles which may be why they seem more numerous.

Jojo

ibtiamat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2012, 4:19 am

It is mostly because so many pedophiles (mostly men) are always going towards little boys. It is sick and against our nature and it has NOTHING to do with homosexuality it is just molestation and rape. Period. But that does not stop idiotic people from saying that homosexuality and pedophilia are one in the same.

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
- Albert Einstein

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

14 Aug 2012, 11:58 pm

ibtiamat wrote:
It is mostly because so many pedophiles (mostly men) are always going towards little boys. It is sick and against our nature and it has NOTHING to do with homosexuality it is just molestation and rape. Period. But that does not stop idiotic people from saying that homosexuality and pedophilia are one in the same.

I agree, pedophilia is NOT the same as homosexuality. Pedophiles are sexually attracted to kids, often because of similiar sexual abuse they endured...it seems to be a cycle...like domestic abuse. Abuse begets abuse, unless one makes the conscious choice not to continue the cycle and/or recieves help shortly after the abuse. Many pedophiles have stunted emotional growth in which the person quit maturing emotionally at the time they were victimized as a child. This is not to be confused with delayed social growth like that found in ASD's.
I dont believe that pedophilia is a true sexual orientation because most pedophiles were once sexually abused during childhood, most of them recall abuse around puberty which served to confuse the child as far as what is sexually approprate at such an already confusing time. Those that never got help, like no one stopping the abuse, etc are more at risk to become pedophiles than those who had intervention. It is important that when a child is sexually abused, to explain to the child that was not right for him/her to do that to them, but the child was not at fault either.

Homosexuality does not involve the nature of abuse. Mostly all homosexuals are attracted to the legal and willing, and despite what people believe, have particular type of person they like. And homosexuality is believed in psychology to be genetic, although the gene has not been found yet...,LGBT folks often have others like them in one or both sides of the family. I believe the gene to be recessive, and before anyone tells me that "gay people cant reproduce therfore it cant be genetic" needs to consider that many LGBT people dont come out to themselves until they are adult, some after being married hetro and having kids, others never come out fully to themselves and go on to have kids etc.

Jojo