Why is homosexuality mistakenly associated with pedophilia?

Page 4 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 3:21 pm

yeh but surely if a pedofile was atttracted to boys because he was gay, that means that ALL straight men are attracted to little girls.

My RSS feed:
www.steviecandtheplacetobe.net/rss.xml

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 10:09 pm

Well what people dont understand is that humans are obsessed with sex, its undeniable! So it would apply for gays and straights. BUT of course humans hate difference so the homosexuality aspect stick out more. The anti-gays know this and use the child molestation stereotype as propaganda for hate, despite the fact that straight rape happens all the damn time...

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 12:57 pm

I never knew that this was a stereotype. I have read that homosexuals are more likely to be child sex offenders, but that is not the same as being a pedophile. I recall reading that pedophiles are attracted to all children, without sexual preference. In the UK, urinating near a school is enough to be placed on the child sex offenders register. I once got drunk and was arrested for urinating in public, but I was not close enough to a school for it to be considered an offence of that nature. Also it was very late, so there was nobody to see what I did, except a cctv operator, who alerted a van-load of police officers.

mandypants
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Nov 2011, 8:24 am

Orr wrote:
I never knew that this was a stereotype. I have read that homosexuals are more likely to be child sex offenders, but that is not the same as being a pedophile. I recall reading that pedophiles are attracted to all children, without sexual preference. In the UK, urinating near a school is enough to be placed on the child sex offenders register. I once got drunk and was arrested for urinating in public, but I was not close enough to a school for it to be considered an offence of that nature. Also it was very late, so there was nobody to see what I did, except a cctv operator, who alerted a van-load of police officers.

I think that the underlying issue of many pedophiles is issues with power, rather than issues with sexual orientation. Sexual abuse of children can happen regardless of the orientation of the perpetrator.

That law in the UK is indeed strange! Good thing you weren't near a school...

AspieRoss
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2011, 4:49 pm

The truth is that most children are abused and abducted by so-called "Straight" family members. Stranger-danger is a myth. Look at the abduction rates, they are close to 85% perpetrated by family members or friends... not strangers. Most children that are raped are in fact girls who are raped by men that they know. (I hate the word molested... I mean come on people, it is child rape. Let's use adult words for adult crimes!) According to government stats, Girls are sexually abused three times more often than boys.
All the friends/people I have known that have been touched/raped, have been attacked by married men, either a father, uncle, family friend, etc.
Gay men, like myself, prefer sex with other gay MEN. This discussion just further perpetuates the religious right-wing agenda, which is to slander any body who is different. I don't live a lifestyle. I was born this way. To be 100% honest, being gay is easy compared to being an aspie... people understand what gay is, it's in nature, it's been around for thousands of years. Okay, enough ranting for today.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 5:09 pm

I think the answer to the original question can be found in this 20 second video:

If you don't like several groups of people you just lump them all together and blast rhetoric at all of them. Gay liberal commie perverts just rolls off the tongue doesn't it?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so44kJNv9HE[/youtube]

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 5:13 pm

Stupid topic, but I am compelled to respond. Pedophiles are simply people (could be either gender) who prefer sex with children. As long as the child is under say age 12 (age really depends upon an individual's sexual preference), they're happy. It's a fetish....sex is part of the drive as is power. The fetish could be towards both boys & girls, or for one or the other. I also feel that they have a strong desire to be that child's first sexual experience. I don't know why some people have a strong preference for children, I only know they do. It has nothing to do with being gay or a lesbian. It has everything to do with their sexual fetish (deviation from what is standard). I am not condoning the behavior of pedophiles, btw. It's wrong to mess up a child for life...because that's usually what happens. I think adults who are pedophiles are sick & twisted. Unfortunately, those who cannot control their fetish, cannot help but offend. They should be removed from the general population.

Sometimes a pedophile chooses a family member (most common), a child known to them outside his/her family, or a complete stranger that they've chosen (least common).

I am female & was molested by the same man (heterosexual with a wife/girl friend whom I also knew) when I was between 9 & 12 years old. I am very much straight inspite of what I've been through. I grew up around straight people as well as lesbians & gays. I have to say that the non-straight individuals I knew personally were far more respectful of me & my body than heterosexual men have been. It wasn't until I was in my mid 20s that a lesbian approached me in a overly flirtacious way that I was uncomfortable with. She never touched me, but she did embarrass the hell out of me. I know I didn't handle her advances as maturely as I should have. That's 1 single female out of all the individuals I've known over the years.

Tomboy

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

wblastyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2011, 12:54 pm

Children don't have the secondary sexual characteristics that would normally attract someone to a particular gender. So it seems to me that pedophilia is seperate from gay or straight.

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Dec 2011, 2:07 pm

It's just to make them look worse so more people would hate them.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 7:01 pm

TellEmSteveDave wrote:
because a lot of people are narrow minded idiots

This.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 9:03 pm

theaspiemusician wrote:
It's just to make them look worse so more people would hate them.

I would have got there if I did not meander so much. They are discrimiated against.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 10:03 pm

John_Browning wrote:
Pedophilia frequently being a homosexual act for starters.

Homosexuality is the attraction to sexually mature people of the same sex. Pedophilia is an attraction to prepubescent children (and not an act btw. The act would be sexual child abuse). One has nothing to do with the other.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 10:09 pm

Bethie wrote:
What's more, if I'm not mistaken, psychologists differentiate very strongly between, for instance, molesting a male child (if one is male) and homosexuality. Psychologically, pedophilia as a non-normative compulsion is not analogous to a sexual orientation at all.

^^ This.

People who equate homosexuality or heterosexuality (most victims of sexual child abuse are girls) with pedophilia are ultimately equating sex with rape. The two are not quite the same. Sex is a consensual act, rape is assault and abuse.

Caprice
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Feb 2012, 1:23 pm

Zen wrote:

I think I'm going to bump this. >>

There is also the fact that young boys and young girls pretty much have the same build and facial structure - very effeminate. If anything, an individual attracted to feminine qualities would be more likely to be attracted to either sex. Though frankly I think that a child molester is after children rather than a girl or a boy.

If you notice, adult men and women are very different physically and tempermentally for their younger counterparts. There's really no corelation.

Last edited by Caprice on 27 Feb 2012, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mithos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 1:29 pm

Pedophiles should be kicked right square in they're Mangina. :lol:

Your Aspie score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 1:32 pm

Because people can be idiots at times, and the media loves promoting idiocy.