Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 1:01 am

Is there anyone here who is NOT an expert in anything? I'm not. There are things that I am good at, but there is nothing that I am superior. I am good at writing, photography and music. Average in most things and bad in emotion control, social skills, advanced math, science, sports and handwriting. My special interest is a band, not a skill so much. I used to have special interest in more skill orientated areas, but not anymore.

Is there anyone else who isn't an expert in something?

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Hands
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 May 2011, 1:41 am

I don't have any excellent skills, I'm good at a few things. For example I have a good memory but I'm also somewhat scattered and random so I don't have a superior memory. It seems the only thing I am superior at is amassing huge amounts of information and then forgetting it.
My special interest is not a skill either, at this precise moment in time my special ineterest is the TV show Fringe.

AllieKat
Toucan
Toucan

02 May 2011, 2:03 am

I am totally with you there. I don't have any excellent skills either. I'm either very weak, weak, okay, or just good at stuff. I so wish I was one of those Aspies with marketable skills.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 2:12 am

I'm not an expert in anything. I wish I could be an expert at art though, since that has always been my passion.

Hauge
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2011, 2:24 am

Hmm, It's funny, isnt it? - The more you learn, the more you find out you dont know!

Have exactly the same feelings, but several of my acquaintances call me "smarty" When they think i don't hear them. Once i asked if they were sarcastic, but were told it was out of respect. And yet i feel there's so much i need to learn...!

manlyadam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 May 2011, 2:59 am

Everyone is an expert in many things but only lucky people are talented in things others see value in and reward you for

Nordlys
Toucan
Toucan

02 May 2011, 4:49 am

manlyadam wrote:
Everyone is an expert in many things but only lucky people are talented in things others see value in and reward you for

True. It may happens someone is talented for something but he hates to do things where he is talented. Example by brother is a natural talent in drawing. But he hates drawing.

- La diversità è l'elemento principe del mondo -

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 5:10 am

It may also be that you be quite talented in something, but only think that you are "average" because you don't interact with others enough to have an accurate baseline on "average."

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 6:08 am

I have no excellent skills, though I am good or knowledgable at some things, or so I'd like to think.