Any Female in their mid to late twenties....

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 3:21 pm

not in a relationship? I don't know about girls on the spectrum but I always feel like the only female who is always single among other girls and women. What's more pathetic is the only relationship I was in was not much of a relationship to begin with. I'm not asexual nor against them. On the contrary I fantasize a lot about it but I think I'm a little confused about my role when it comes to gender. I'm straight but I am not great at being feminine or know what it means to be the girl in the relationship. Not that I want to conform but I've always felt extremely insecure and confused. I'm not sure if there is one factor. My communication skills are crap, I hate both my physical appearance and mental ability. I can't even handle a hug from a person because I feel like a monster. I don't know exactly how to define it. Whenever a guy doesn't call back or talk to me, I almost always assume he isn't interested. I've had this problem since I was a child. My way of communicating does not accurately depict what it is I'm trying to say. So I apologize if this post comes off odd or confusing. I was wondering if anyone else had similar issues.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 4:04 pm

*hugs* :(

I'm not in my mid to late twenties (yet) but I'm not in a relationship. I had three relationships that were relatively short (3 weeks to 3 months). I also hate my appearance, despite people on WP that tell me how much I shouldn't.

I don't know if my post helped at all, I just wanted to make you feel like you weren't alone.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 7:01 pm

*puts hand up*

I'm not. I just don't feel they work well for me. I'm also uncomfortable talking to guys I don't know, it doesn't help.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 7:16 pm

Yeah, I haven't been in one either! So you are definitely not alone! :D

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 7:56 pm

Erisad wrote:

I'm not in my mid to late twenties (yet) but I'm not in a relationship. I had three relationships that were relatively short (3 weeks to 3 months). I also hate my appearance, despite people on WP that tell me how much I shouldn't.

I don't know if my post helped at all, I just wanted to make you feel like you weren't alone.

Thanks Erisad. I didn't mean for my post to sound like a pitty fest but I guess it is. :lol:

My encounters with guys were mostly just encounters. Some guys on WP would say that's lucky or counts as a relationship.. :? I didn't exactly enjoy the encounters or the sexual aspect as I felt I was suppose to play a role. It only made me feel disappointed or like something was wrong with me. This and many other contributing factors. Not having the ability socially engage as honest or normal as the NT folk.

Last edited by MissConstrue on 03 May 2011, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 7:57 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
*puts hand up*

I'm not. I just don't feel they work well for me. I'm also uncomfortable talking to guys I don't know, it doesn't help.

Yep that's a huge issue with me let alone people.

jackshephard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2011, 1:24 am

i prefer to be single

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 4:35 am

It sucks to now be counted mid to late twenties. I feel like i was in primary school yesterday.

I am single and have no romantic interests on the horizon. Most men who i approach get all weird because i am what is known as "hot" and i am attracted to men with certain features which usually are found on men and women outside the norm so they usually freak out. I attract stupid muscly men with no brains and sporty types. 8O

I guess i am differant because i have just come out of an abusive marriage so i have been through the whole wedding and children thing already. It isn't so great.

Just try to be yourself. Even if you end up alone, you can always get heaps of cats. :cat:

So I'm never in a rush

keira
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 5:34 am

I am single now for two years. I only had one serious relationship before. I lived with someone for almost 3 years mainly to prove to myself and others that I could be normal. That was the worst thing I ever did to myself. I ended up scarred, completely burnt out and more insecure and self-loathing than ever. So I'm not looking for a relationship anymore. I would love to find someone I could connect with but it's not likely to happen. I attract the wrong kind of men - the same "muscles and no personality" or the adventurous type ("this girl seems hard to get so I'll make it the mission of my next week to get her"). Tbh, it's been so long since I was attracted to anyone myself that I can't even be bothered. It's better to be lonely and alone than to be in a relationship and still lonely.

I do have two cats though. :)

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 6:04 am

Solvejg wrote:
It sucks to now be counted mid to late twenties. I feel like i was in primary school yesterday.

I am single and have no romantic interests on the horizon. Most men who i approach get all weird because i am what is known as "hot" and i am attracted to men with certain features which usually are found on men and women outside the norm so they usually freak out. I attract stupid muscly men with no brains and sporty types. 8O

I guess i am differant because i have just come out of an abusive marriage so i have been through the whole wedding and children thing already. It isn't so great.

Just try to be yourself. Even if you end up alone, you can always get heaps of cats. :cat:

I should probably make it clearer. Kids are the best. You don't need a man to have kids these days either. Lots of women do it alone, so don't let that be a deciding factor.

In fact i have 3 months to wait to see if my Known sperm doner is still happy with our arraignment, then i will get another little baby. :D

So I'm never in a rush

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 2:27 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Thanks Erisad. I didn't mean for my post to sound like a pitty fest but I guess it is. :lol:

My encounters with guys were mostly just encounters. Some guys on WP would say that's lucky or counts as a relationship.. :? I didn't exactly enjoy the encounters or the sexual aspect as I felt I was suppose to play a role. It only made me feel disappointed or like something was wrong with me. This and many other contributing factors. Not having the ability socially engage as honest or normal as the NT folk.

It's okay, it happens. :)

I feel like something's wrong with me too. It's like, "why can't we stay together? You do like me, right?" Most of the time I find that they found someone else who they care about more. It makes me sad, especially when I can't get over one of them. :wall:

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2011, 10:00 am

MissConstrue wrote:
not in a relationship? I don't know about girls on the spectrum but I always feel like the only female who is always single among other girls and women. What's more pathetic is the only relationship I was in was not much of a relationship to begin with. I'm not asexual nor against them. On the contrary I fantasize a lot about it but I think I'm a little confused about my role when it comes to gender. I'm straight but I am not great at being feminine or know what it means to be the girl in the relationship. Not that I want to conform but I've always felt extremely insecure and confused. I'm not sure if there is one factor. My communication skills are crap, I hate both my physical appearance and mental ability. I can't even handle a hug from a person because I feel like a monster. I don't know exactly how to define it. Whenever a guy doesn't call back or talk to me, I almost always assume he isn't interested. I've had this problem since I was a child. My way of communicating does not accurately depict what it is I'm trying to say. So I apologize if this post comes off odd or confusing. I was wondering if anyone else had similar issues.

present! i'm pushing 27 here and still stuck in Singleville. i had a boyfriend 6 years ago that lasted for a month (if you call that a relationship). after that, there won't be anything better than my ex. so, i stuck to being the 26 year old virgin. i wanna have a boyfriend someday, the kind who accepts me for who i am. i missed being kissed and touched and doing the same things to the boyfriend (if i ever get one). and yes, i like being touched and kissed in the right way. in my case, i enjoy it because nobody except my family wants to do that to me when they like me. i think i'm the only Aspie who gives and receives in a relationship and it will not happen to me ever again...because guys hate freaks like us!

Last edited by ttqs84 on 09 May 2011, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 1:00 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
not in a relationship? I don't know about girls on the spectrum but I always feel like the only female who is always single among other girls and women. What's more pathetic is the only relationship I was in was not much of a relationship to begin with. I'm not asexual nor against them. On the contrary I fantasize a lot about it but I think I'm a little confused about my role when it comes to gender. I'm straight but I am not great at being feminine or know what it means to be the girl in the relationship. Not that I want to conform but I've always felt extremely insecure and confused.

I would say, 'if you're not happy with the gender role you're expected to play in a straight relationship, find a guy who likes a girl to play a different role'. It's more difficult than it sounds, but it can be done.

As you say though, depression and AS and social isolation can get in the way. I was lucky my man basically 'grabbed' me (in a non-molesting way :lol: ) because at the time I was pretty depressed and had no interest in dating anyone.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 1:52 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
not in a relationship? I don't know about girls on the spectrum but I always feel like the only female who is always single among other girls and women. What's more pathetic is the only relationship I was in was not much of a relationship to begin with. I'm not asexual nor against them. On the contrary I fantasize a lot about it but I think I'm a little confused about my role when it comes to gender. I'm straight but I am not great at being feminine or know what it means to be the girl in the relationship. Not that I want to conform but I've always felt extremely insecure and confused. I'm not sure if there is one factor.

Im in my early 20s, and yeah im not in a relationship. For me, its because Im waiting for the right person because honestly I could easily go and find some despirete guy online and get into a relationship and it could go horribly. The way I look at it is that its better to be single then to be in the wrong relationship. I feel so many people make that mistake, go into relationships outta despiration, aspie and NT. For me I know Im not the only female thats single and I try not to think of that. I dont care that much for my girlfriends especially when it comes to the relationship talk.

For me the gender thing does come into consideration. Im not that girly to begin with, I lack a lot of the conventional femaleness and guys(in RL) tend to find me entertaining. They're cool with being my friend but most of them are somehow turned off about me as a potential mate. And sometimes I think my guy friends wish I would find a bf cause there repulsed about the idea of me liking them.

chinatown
Toucan
Toucan

09 May 2011, 2:32 pm

Why do you feel you need to play a role? Do the guys expect certain behaviour? You do seem to buy into stereotypes: no one who truly didn't would say they don't "know what it means to be the girl in the relationship".

I'm in my late twenties (if only for one more month). I'm not in a relationship. I use a dating site, and if someone asked me out, I would say yes. I do realize that my social problems and inability/unwillingness to conform make it difficult to find a partner. But it's not really a big deal for me. I don't need emotional intimacy, and I don't need men to have sex. That's what vibrators are for. And smut.

Boomshika
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 May 2011, 9:19 pm

most of my relationships don't last longer than a few months, they usually leave or get distant when they get to know the real me. im starting to realize that its probably around the time where in NT's the dopamine drops and the oxytocin kicks in. my dopamine never really does that so my behavior either becomes obsessive, or i find someone else to stimulate that dopamine and end up cheating. i've been reading that aspies tend to have more dopamine than NT's, which causes our anxiety. i have this in relationships, sometimes i've been known to imagine that i'm in a relationship with a guy just because he looked at me a certain way and had decent conversation with me. i'm starting to think i have a special interest in men.