Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Nordlys
Toucan
Toucan

04 May 2011, 6:44 am

When i write, i have weird pengrip, i write fast and i get tired after little time, i mix letters togheter and it's like i can't control very well what i am writing. Somethimes i write thin and leggible letters, but most of time i have huge and illeggible handwriting, and when i get tired, i have a more weird pengrip.
To school i had always problems with handwriting, and at middle school i stopped to write cursive because no one could read what i wrote, and my teachers had make me rewrote the whole history copybook. I'm not dyslexic and i have no problem to read.
I wonder if i can be disgraphia because they say if you have dysgraphia you can't even draw, but i just have issue at writing, but actually i CAN draw.

(my graphia - norwegian pratice. I have this handwriting since elementary school)

(And here is when i write small - Analysis of the book 'fairy oak' for understand narrative sistem)

- La diversità è l'elemento principe del mondo -

jat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2011, 7:03 am

It could be dysgraphia. Here, to get a real diagnosis, you need to go to a neuro-psychologist. It is not true that someone with dysgraphia cannot draw. In fact, drawing and writing require different parts of the brain, even though both use the hands and fine motor skills. For some people (like my son), the only way they can "write" legibly is to "draw" their letters. This process is a much slower, less automatic way of getting the ink on the paper - but the end result looks much nicer. It takes much more thought than true writing does, though, and it makes it very hard to compose and get thoughts from ones brain to paper.