An illustrated book of an autistic person

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Anie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 May 2011, 7:18 pm

is what I done made/wrote.
I posted this in the general forum but I think it should go here too. If not, mods feel free to delete.

Anyhow, my name is Anie and I am an autistic with synesthesia and a bunch of other things who wrote/illustrated a book. I got tired and frustrated with trying to explain things to people, and words just don't cut it with a lot of this stuff. I started writing it before I knew I was autistic, and I've since learned it can be used as a link between people who have it and people who don't.

You can read it online by clicking this sentence.

Now I am on a quest to bring it to the world.
I've sold over 30 of them, even though they cost $100 to print/sell, but most people can't afford $100 and I don't want them to pay $100. If a publisher takes it, the price will go way down. I finally have an agent, but getting a publisher is going to be even harder, as the book is without precedent and doesn't fit in a category.

So I have a petition going, asking people to take a look at the book and, if they like it, write a little something about why it should be published and their demographic.

Click here for the petition

Cheers for your time,
-Anie

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/226/plea ... published/

Lyriel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2011, 8:19 pm

I would like to sign your petition, but I'm not too thrilled with the idea that I would have to give my mailing address. I read a little bit of what you have on your site (would like to sit down and read more, if it wasn't for the fact that I've been so high-strung lately), and I think it's really neat - we have a few things in common. :)

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 11:31 pm

Lyriel wrote:
I would like to sign your petition, but I'm not too thrilled with the idea that I would have to give my mailing address.

Just give a fake one.

Washi
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 1:15 am

Done.