Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

JeremyNJ1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2011, 1:51 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Crashing a top secret stealth helicopter and executing a bunch of unarmed targets in front of their families doesn't really impress me. Probably why we they made up the whole firefight and all the other embellishments.

Wow..one would get the impression that your telling of what happened was what actually happened. The white house made it known that the SEALS deliberatly blew up the 2nd grounded helicopter because it experienced mechanical problems and couldn't be used on the retreat. Its better to blow up it up than let it sit there and be taken by the Pakistani army, later on. They weren't going to allow a Stealth helicopter to get into the hands of Pakistan. Executing unarmed targets...again...what do you have that proves they were " executed"..because from the story that is released, all the targets were either A) guards for bin laden or B) shot as a result of charging toward the SEALS...so how did you figure they were " executed" ?

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 1:51 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Crashing a top secret stealth helicopter and executing a bunch of unarmed targets in front of their families doesn't really impress me. Probably why they made up the whole firefight and all the other embellishments.

This account is inaccurate. Did you get sexual pleasure from typing it?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 May 2011, 2:25 pm

simon_says wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Crashing a top secret stealth helicopter and executing a bunch of unarmed targets in front of their families doesn't really impress me. Probably why they made up the whole firefight and all the other embellishments.

What is this suppose to mean? Were you in that room watching it on the monitor with Barack Obama? Were you one of those Navy SEALS? Do you have access to information that I do not? I say you are inaccurate, prove me wrong. Pakistani sources are saying he was executed and that no shots were fired from the compound. The ever changing story I'm hearing now from the administration(no firefight or armed resistance from Osama) combined with their reluctance to show any proof makes it an easy leap to assume. I'm not the only one that has speculated this, Michael Moore of all people actually agrees with me.

Do you get chills down your leg like Chris Matthews when Obama talks?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 2:31 pm

Jacoby wrote:
simon_says wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

What is this suppose to mean? Were you in that room watching it on the monitor with Barack Obama? Were you one of those Navy SEALS? Do you have access to information that I do not? I say you are inaccurate, prove me wrong. Pakistani sources are saying he was executed and that no shots were fired from the compound. The ever changing story I'm hearing now from the administration(no firefight or armed resistance from Osama) combined with their reluctance to show any proof makes it an easy leap to assume. I'm not the only one that has speculated this, Michael Moore of all people actually agrees with me.

The entire operation took 40 minutes from the time of entry. There were armed guards on the first floor that had to be killed and the SEALS worked their way up to the third floor where Bin Laden and Spouse had their sleeping quarters.

Several people were killed by the SEALS who suffered no casualties. it was slick operation.

Had the SEALS been engaged by Pakistani troops outside there would have been SEAL casualties and possibly captured SEALS. Not very good politically.

Compare this operation to the abortion attempted during the Carter administration to rescue American hostages in Iran.

ruveyn

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 2:38 pm

Jacoby wrote:
simon_says wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

What is this suppose to mean? Were you in that room watching it on the monitor with Barack Obama? Were you one of those Navy SEALS? Do you have access to information that I do not? I say you are inaccurate, prove me wrong. Pakistani sources are saying he was executed and that no shots were fired from the compound. The ever changing story I'm hearing now from the administration(no firefight and armed resistance from Osama) combined with their reluctance to show any proof makes it an easy leap to assume. I'm not the only one that has speculated this, me and Michael Moore of all people actually agrees with me.

The only source of information we have is the government and his family. The government, courtesty of the SEALS, says there was a firefight. That has not changed. The firefight was at the very beginning where the only man who managed to get to a weapon was killed. The others did not reach their weapons, though weapons were present. That's the account we have. So where the civilian officials said 'firefight" in the later portions of the mission, they should have said, "forces engaged" or something similar. They are not experts in military lingo.

Your insinuation that there was no firefight isnt supported by the information we have.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/osama-bi ... d=13533748

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 3:03 pm

simon_says wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
simon_says wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

What is this suppose to mean? Were you in that room watching it on the monitor with Barack Obama? Were you one of those Navy SEALS? Do you have access to information that I do not? I say you are inaccurate, prove me wrong. Pakistani sources are saying he was executed and that no shots were fired from the compound. The ever changing story I'm hearing now from the administration(no firefight and armed resistance from Osama) combined with their reluctance to show any proof makes it an easy leap to assume. I'm not the only one that has speculated this, me and Michael Moore of all people actually agrees with me.

The only source of information we have is the government and his family. The government, courtesty of the SEALS, says there was a firefight. That has not changed. The firefight was at the very beginning where the only man who managed to get to a weapon was killed. The others did not reach their weapons, though weapons were present. That's the account we have. So where the civilian officials said 'firefight" in the later portions of the mission, they should have said, "forces engaged" or something similar. They are not experts in military lingo.

Your insinuation that there was no firefight isnt supported by the information we have.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/osama-bi ... d=13533748

Killing 1 person with a gun does not = a firefight. After he was killed, and I assume pretty quicky, that was the end of any armed resistance.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 3:10 pm

:lol:

The link says:

Quote:
The Americans were also fired on by a man who was one of bin Laden's trusted couriers, officials said. The courier was killed by return fire from the SEALs, and they did not encounter any additional gunfire.

Two way exchange of gunfire is a firefight.

You are a perfect example of a right wing nut. Condolences to anyone that knows you and who has to listen to your schizophrenic ranting. I certainly don't.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 3:24 pm

simon_says wrote:
:lol:

The link says:

Quote:
The Americans were also fired on by a man who was one of bin Laden's trusted couriers, officials said. The courier was killed by return fire from the SEALs, and they did not encounter any additional gunfire.

Two way exchange of gunfire is a firefight.

You are a perfect example of a right wing nut. Condolences to anyone that knows you and who has to listen to your schizophrenic ranting. I certainly don't.

Not when it's 40 elite Navy SEALS vs some goat herder. It didn't take them 40 minutes to kill him. Osama still didn't engage them in a firefight either.

Nice argument skills tho. Why don't you just stop replying if you're going to turn to insults. It's getting sad. You can't refute any points and have fallen back on "who cares, he's dead" numerous times. Are you trying to convince yourself or something?

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 3:28 pm

You have no points. You are just angry and saying random things.

When you are shown to be wrong you change the subject.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 3:38 pm

simon_says wrote:
You have no points. You are just angry and saying random things.

When you are shown to be wrong you change the subject.

Where was I shown I was wrong and from who? Pretty sure it wasn't you since you're posts consist of "who cares, he's dead" "who kicked your dog" "you are deranged" "you're a right wing nut" Who is angry? Are you upset that your man's grand moment in the sun isn't as grand once you take the microscope to it?

but yea okay, me and Michael Moore are total right wing nuts :lol:

at least our media aren't all complete cheerleaders like you

Journalists are grumbling

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 5:24 pm

Jacoby wrote:

Killing 1 person with a gun does not = a firefight. After he was killed, and I assume pretty quicky, that was the end of any armed resistance.

The SEALS killed at least two armed guards that were living on the first floor of the compound. It was a firefight.

ruveyn

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 5:52 pm

The willingness of some of you to accept each new version of events as a truthful account or try to spin it to fit the original is quite simply staggering, making me wonder if you use your vocal chords to form actual words or do you just bleat.

It is quite evident now that bin laden was shot in a deliberate extra judicial killing. For some of you this is quite simply totally acceptable, for me it is not. This man was the worlds most wanted, he has been accused of many many atrocities and the blame for at least one war has been laid at his feet. I for one, given the lies and manipulations of the US, British and other governments over the last 10 to 20 years would have liked to see this man prosecuted in open court. Maybe all that we have been told would have been vindicated, maybe bin laden would be shown to be an evil demagogue whose mouth simply spews for vial vitriole, or maybe some very uncomfortable questions would have been asked.

The killing of bin laden raises many many questions. Rather than put the matter to rest it will likely propel the persona of bin laden to new heights/lows. One thing is certain, truth and democracy were in no way served by his assassination.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 6:01 pm

Oh the ironies, for a long time all the right wing haters have been spouting 'you can't trust the Obama regime' etc... now when it suits them they choose to believe the party line of an all american cowboys to the rescue 'by the book and anything that wasn't he deserved' story of justified heroics.

In regard to OP, there are many incongruiyies in the whole saga dating right back to US support of Afghan resistance to the Soviet occupation. Without even buyng into the loonie tunes conspiracy theories in regard '9/11' there are serious questions that require answering. Why has it been nessasary to 'eliminate' Osama Bin Laden at this point, well perhaps the truths he had to tell as well as his opinions in regard the US and US corporate activities etc would have been just too much to stand for. Perhaps eliminating him was nessasary to satisfy the blood lust of the far right and raise Obama share values in the political marketplace. I would suggest it was essential to kill him, there was no other option to a nation that openly flaunts international law breaches, denies the existence of human rights, ignores the geneva convention etc...

I am quite prepared to accept that Osama Bin Laden was executed by a rival criminal gang, I am quite prepared to believe that there was colusion by US citizens in the events of '9/11'. The US has a history of lies and brutality, it's share value both realistically and figuratively is plumeting - and about time, my sympathies go out to all the generally innocent and/or ignorant 'average joe' US citizens for the uncomfortable days to come but change must come and it most certainly is coming.

Much of the rest of humanity is tired of the lecturing and bullying of 'the worlds greatest democracy' where less than half it's eligable citizens even bother to vote and governments are chosen by around a quarter of the population. A nation that bullies and threatens everyone into their way or no way, 'you are with us or against us', well more and more people are calling that bluff and politically at least we are against you.

peace j

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 6:25 pm

RedHanrahan wrote:

Much of the rest of humanity is tired of the lecturing and bullying of 'the worlds greatest democracy' where less than half it's eligable citizens even bother to vote and governments are chosen by around a quarter of the population. A nation that bullies and threatens everyone into their way or no way, 'you are with us or against us', well more and more people are calling that bluff and politically at least we are against you.

Half the eligibles don't vote because they do not give a damn. It is their choice not voting. No one is depriving them of the right to vote. The U.S. government is a piece of sh*t.

ruveyn

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 7:49 pm

well, honestly I prefer a death by a firefight, than by execution, however when the US announced it, it doesn't seem that they care much about the difference, apparantely, just something along the lines of "justice was done" and "the world is a better place". The question is, what was the order? aprehension or execution?

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 10:16 pm

DeaconBlues - I meant that they shouldn't have shot him in front of a child if it was an execution.
If it was a chase/fight, then of course they can't control whether there's a child present.