Page 13 of 13 [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,336

21 Sep 2020, 9:40 pm

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
I am a conservative, WASP, and am not racist, per se. I have met people of all races that I think are good people. I do dislike lazy people, rude/inconsiderate people, people who harm or take advantage of others, and those who make bad choices and expect others to clean up their mess and foot the bill.


AspiePrincess611 wrote:
I am strangely fascinated by calamity and destruction. Admittedly, I'm a little bit of a psychopath :P .


Well at least you are honest



League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,692
Location: Pacific Northwest

22 Sep 2020, 12:59 am

TheAvenger wrote:
The psychology of a lefty (left-wing) person:

1. They support immigration.
2. erased
3. They believe in man-made Global Warming and think that we should impose green taxes and carbon taxes.
4. They are politically correct and support the nanny-state.
5. They think that school bullies should be allowed to have rights.
6. They think that you should not kill burglars who break into your home.

These are to name but just a few.

What are you? Left-wing or Right-wing?

Im Right-wing and proud of it!



Who said school bullies should be allowed to have rights? What rights do they not have? As far as I know, they have the same civil rights as everyone else and also are protected by laws so what rights do they not have?


If someone breaks into your home and they are attacking you, you have a right to self defense but if they are fleeing from your home, you don't have the right to shoot and that can face you with a murder charge. Gun owners have actually gotten in trouble with the law and gotten charged with murder for killing their intruders because they killed them while they were fleeing. That voids the self defense status and it turns into a crime. This law is already in place.

As a gun owner, know your laws for self defense and where it stops being self defense. One thing I can probably agree on is that it is stupid to shoot some intruder in your home and then be charged with murder if they were not even fleeing. How do you know they do not have a gun and will shoot you if they see you or if you confront them? You don't know if they are fleers or fighters. What if someone attacked an intruder with a baseball bat, should they get charged with assault? Not everyone uses guns for defense and they use baseball bats or pellet guns.

I am in the left wing.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,041
Location: Keshron, Super-Zakhyria

22 Sep 2020, 1:03 am

^Your points are excellent but you do realize the OP posted this 9 years ago and appears to have been banned even before I ever joined here?

So unfortunately the OP is never likely to see this.


_________________
Why is a trailer behind a car but ahead of a movie?


my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,692
Location: Pacific Northwest

22 Sep 2020, 1:13 am

envirozentinel wrote:
^Your points are excellent but you do realize the OP posted this 9 years ago and appears to have been banned even before I ever joined here?

So unfortunately the OP is never likely to see this.



I was hoping someone would explain to me what bullies rights are and what rights do they not have.


As for my opinion on gun laws, I wanted to debunk the liberal stereotype that we want guns banned and out of the US and snagged away from everyone and buried in the ocean.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,041
Location: Keshron, Super-Zakhyria

22 Sep 2020, 1:19 am

OK, fair enough - it seemed as if you were addressing the OP.

I don't know why he said that liberals support the rights of bullies above that of their victims. The point about guns was likewise a stereotypical generalization.

I get the impression the OP was deliberately flaming when initiating this thread.


_________________
Why is a trailer behind a car but ahead of a movie?


my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/


magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,960
Location: Poland

22 Sep 2020, 1:30 am

If today's democracies were birds, they couldn't fly.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.


AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 354
Location: at the Mountains of Madness

22 Sep 2020, 8:44 am

magz wrote:
If today's democracies were birds, they couldn't fly.

Well put, and very true :)


_________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum "(Don't let the bastards grind you down)"
Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
"I might be crazy but I ain't dumb"
Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard


AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 354
Location: at the Mountains of Madness

22 Sep 2020, 8:50 am

League_Girl wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
^Your points are excellent but you do realize the OP posted this 9 years ago and appears to have been banned even before I ever joined here?

So unfortunately the OP is never likely to see this.



I was hoping someone would explain to me what bullies rights are and what rights do they not have.


As for my opinion on gun laws, I wanted to debunk the liberal stereotype that we want guns banned and out of the US and snagged away from everyone and buried in the ocean.

Yes I was wondering that too... I believe in a zero-tolerance policy on bullying, with strict penalties for bullies. Being a target of bullying at school can damage a person just as much as being abused at home by parents. Believe me, I know. My current disgust with much of humanity comes from the fact that I've been treated badly. This really isn't a political issue though, as far as I can see it.


_________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum "(Don't let the bastards grind you down)"
Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
"I might be crazy but I ain't dumb"
Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard


AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 354
Location: at the Mountains of Madness

22 Sep 2020, 8:57 am

cyberdad wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
I am a conservative, WASP, and am not racist, per se. I have met people of all races that I think are good people. I do dislike lazy people, rude/inconsiderate people, people who harm or take advantage of others, and those who make bad choices and expect others to clean up their mess and foot the bill.


AspiePrincess611 wrote:
I am strangely fascinated by calamity and destruction. Admittedly, I'm a little bit of a psychopath :P .


Well at least you are honest

Now, while it's true that there is definitely a "twisted" streak in me, I would most likely never intentionally hurt anyone, unless it was in self-defense. I love animals, and am generally kind to most people I meet. I don't have much of a "filter" though, and often say things that get me in trouble or that people perceive as "mean".
I also don't think my political views make me a psychopath. I feel that way because that is what makes sense to me. Of course, I know I'll never convert any hard-core leftists to the right, just as they will never convert me.


_________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum "(Don't let the bastards grind you down)"
Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
"I might be crazy but I ain't dumb"
Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard


envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,041
Location: Keshron, Super-Zakhyria

22 Sep 2020, 9:59 am

A certain political leader comes across as a bully and always has been - and was the inspiration for Biff Tanner in Back to the Future. Just sayin'.

That said, I agree that bullying in a school contest isn't a political issue. I handled bullying all wrong when I was at school. My BF, whom I only met about 20 years after leaving school, said he just snapped one day and floored one of the chief bullies. They didn't see that coming. Since that day he had no more problems with them!


_________________
Why is a trailer behind a car but ahead of a movie?


my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,336

22 Sep 2020, 5:39 pm

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
I also don't think my political views make me a psychopath. I feel that way because that is what makes sense to me. Of course, I know I'll never convert any hard-core leftists to the right, just as they will never convert me.


No that's true psychopaths come in all shades of politics.