Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

cha
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 May 2011, 9:23 am

Hi what routines do you kids have to stick to?

Bauhauswife
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2011, 4:51 pm

My son isn't a stickler for enforcing any certain routines. He doesn't freak out if something shifts as far as our day to day activities. He's only 5, so he doesn't have a lot of "rules" just yet.
I DID make a mistake a few weeks ago that caused a new issue to surface. The school bus stops at the end of our driveway, and I always walk down the driveway holding his hand. One day I decided to see if he would walk beside me without holding hands, and he had a bit of a meltdown. He sat down in the driveway and refused to get up. I've had to carry him to the bus every day since then. :( Every morning i try to get him to walk, and as soon as he hears the word 'walk', he clings to me like a little monkey. I'm just glad he's still small enough to carry, but holy cow I hope this issue clears up before he's 16. :lol:

squirrelflight-77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2011, 7:34 am

My daughter has a routine for everything but quite honestly so do I. We are very much alike. Poor hubby.. :roll:

Large routines are of course morning, bedtimes, and school work, getting home, going out etc but there are oodles of 'sub'routines too.. The way she brushes her teeth, getting into bed, eating, .. Everything is done in a certain order in a specific way and this is not varied from unless forced and then things dont always go well. Even getting dressed and putting on shoes have their own little 'routine' to them.

But I'm that way too.. I always do the same things the same way and have told hubby for years that I am quite happy in my little rut. I dont freak out over change but it is certainly not my preference. Bill likes to rearrange furniture frequently.. it doesnt bother me the way it does Jordan but if left to me the furniture would not move for the next 50 yrs. LOL I'm flexible where she is not. I adjust to change but rarely initiate it. She resists and fights for things to never change.

So in our house it's all about routines. Poor hubby.. who loves change and anything new! hahahaaa He keeps it a little more interesting for us. :lol:

Bombaloo
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2011, 11:48 am

squirrelflight-77 wrote:
My daughter has a routine for everything but quite honestly so do I. We are very much alike. Poor hubby.. :roll:

Large routines are of course morning, bedtimes, and school work, getting home, going out etc but there are oodles of 'sub'routines too.. The way she brushes her teeth, getting into bed, eating, .. Everything is done in a certain order in a specific way and this is not varied from unless forced and then things dont always go well. Even getting dressed and putting on shoes have their own little 'routine' to them.

But I'm that way too.. I always do the same things the same way and have told hubby for years that I am quite happy in my little rut. I dont freak out over change but it is certainly not my preference. Bill likes to rearrange furniture frequently.. it doesnt bother me the way it does Jordan but if left to me the furniture would not move for the next 50 yrs. LOL I'm flexible where she is not. I adjust to change but rarely initiate it. She resists and fights for things to never change.

So in our house it's all about routines. Poor hubby.. who loves change and anything new! hahahaaa He keeps it a little more interesting for us. :lol:

I was taking the wallpaper border down in DS's room a few weeks ago so I had the furniture pushed away from the walls. DS came in pracitcally in tears and asked why I was being so mean and "destroying" his room. I felt so bad :(