Post your ideas about rules for this forum

Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2006, 6:33 am

Thread topic change:

This is now the thread where other woman can discuss what they would like the rules to be for this forum so that there will be no arguments and confusion as to what's allowed.

Post your ideas here, about whether you want males to post, what sort of posts, whether this should be a forum related to womens issues etc.

It would be awfully hard to pull off "women only" so we'll have to revise a way of dealing with that sort of thing.

A message board with sensitive issues like this cannot function properley with stone set rules, so we must create some :)

Males - if you want to contribute about males and their rights in here, feel free to do so.

Last edited by hale_bopp on 07 Aug 2006, 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2006, 6:52 am

[quote="hale_bopp"]This forum is for women's issues, but males are welcome to post.[quote]
Bopp, maybe you should discuss that with the other women before making such a declaration, and while you can't prevent anyone from reading, I think you can ask men not to post here with reasonable expectation that that request will be respected.

- Emerson

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2006, 6:55 am

A good idea.

It would be cool if women suggested some ideas here so we can establish some stone set rules.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2006, 7:49 am

Well, if you my two cents (I'm not sure if you've asked or not), I'm much more comfortable with guidelines than rules. Basically, people should not post in the other genders forum unless specifically invited to do so in a specific thread. Too many rules sometimes leads to more conflict. KISS. Keep It Short and Sweet, or, if you prefer, Keep It Simple, Stupid.

- Emerson

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2006, 7:19 pm

I think men should be allowed.

Anna
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2006, 12:20 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Thread topic change:

This is now the thread where other woman can discuss what they would like the rules to be for this forum so that there will be no arguments and confusion as to what's allowed.

Post your ideas here, about whether you want males to post, what sort of posts, whether this should be a forum related to womens issues etc.

It would be awfully hard to pull off "women only" so we'll have to revise a way of dealing with that sort of thing.

A message board with sensitive issues like this cannot function properley with stone set rules, so we must create some :)

Males - if you want to contribute about males and their rights in here, feel free to do so.

Well, in my opinion, the gender forums should be where we can post without members of the other gender posting unless specifically invited. And I personally, as I've mentioned, would prefer that if perspective/responses from the other gender is desired, that the thread be moved to the Mature forum and *out* of the gender specific forum.

In other words, this is a space for us to chat amongst ourselves.

I don't have a problem with lurkers...

10 Aug 2006, 9:19 am

i think it might be difficult if you banned males from this page because sometimes when a new topic is posted and it shows up listed on the homepage, a males might click on it read it, and post a reply without realizing what forum its in. I know that i had seen one topic on the home page a couple days an then in the last few minutes i've been looking thru all the forums to find it.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2006, 2:03 pm

The forum heading says its for women only but then you allow men to post. I think there should be a way of allowing only females to enter the forum. Otherwise what's the point. It seems like a lot of posts get interrupted by some juvenile male poster. And that's another point shouldn't children be kept out of here?

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 7:44 pm

i think men are alright as long as its not a very personal womans subject... and they have to be respectful to the woman here

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2006, 12:22 am

I think more men than woman are posting here!

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2006, 2:04 pm

I think men should not be allowed in the womans forum because they only come in here to insult and put woman down. It makes it very hard for real woman (not men pretending to be woman) to discuss among themselves there issues and concerns.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2006, 8:21 am

I think men should be allowed on here, but the ones that say idiotic things should be prohibited from commenting.

I mean something where they're locked out code wise.

Only way something like that could work.

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2006, 5:24 pm

Xuincherguixe wrote:
I think men should be allowed on here, but the ones that say idiotic things should be prohibited from commenting.

I second this. I'll be a bit more specific on the idiotic part. This would include guys who type in the women's forums just to start s**t. Hellznrg would be the first name that comes to mind.

spockette
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Nov 2006, 2:27 pm

Is 'no attempting to pick up chicks' acceptable? I'll not mention names and the inappropriateness of the thread, as I'm sure you are all quite capable of finding that yourselves.

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 3:50 pm

spockette wrote:
Is 'no attempting to pick up chicks' acceptable? I'll not mention names and the inappropriateness of the thread, as I'm sure you are all quite capable of finding that yourselves.

It should be more than acceptable since there already is a love and dating forum on this site. It doesn't help that Alex posted this http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... ic&t=16535 in Women's discussion.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 1:16 pm

Sorce wrote:
Xuincherguixe wrote:

I second this. I'll be a bit more specific on the idiotic part. This would include guys who type in the women's forums just to start s**t. Hellznrg would be the first name that comes to mind.

I third this.. :)

Some are very respectful and can obviously offer different views on some female topics.

However I think its a brilliant idea as therefore the male in particular that insults etc can still post everywhere else.

Also... obviously posting about your desire to meet someone wouldn't offend anybody, obviously there must be a limit to this, which is quite easy to determine really.