Do you think you will ever get married

Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

MyWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2011, 8:37 pm

With Aspies/Auties having poor social skills, do you think you will ever get married. I know that there are those on the spectrum who are already married and possibly have kids, but for those of us who were single entire lives, do you think you would ever get married?

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 8:49 pm

Maybe.
Depends upon if I learn social skills at college.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 8:59 pm

Hell no! Why would I marry? It requires sharing everything I have with another person and spending my later years bickering with her. :P

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:06 pm

I cant even meet anybody to date let alone to be married-its too late for me unfortunately and I dont like girls anyway.

Allstar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 May 2011, 9:08 pm

Whoever posted this subject. I am brought to tears (no offense), 'cause I am regaining thoughts of hopelessness love-wise reading your subject. Dude, don't give up. I asked this question quite frequently before. Your love is on the way. Join match.com if you want love. You're not the only one who is lonely and lacking affection.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:08 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
Hell no! Why would I marry? It requires sharing everything I have with another person and spending my later years bickering with her. :P

Yea, but don't you think that would make you a better person if you learned to share?

Also, it doesn't have to end up in bickering.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:17 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
Yea, but don't you think that would make you a better person if you learned to share?

Also, it doesn't have to end up in bickering.

Most marriages seem to end that way. I have no desire to risk losing years of my life (and half of my possessions) that way.

As for sharing, I know how to share, but it's much more satisfying to accomplish something on my own. I am ambitious and failure is not an option for me.

P.S.: I know it sounds contradictory, but while I don't want to marry, I wish I had a girlfriend. My problem lies with living together with another person.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 May 2011, 9:22 pm

MyWorld wrote:
With Aspies/Auties having poor social skills, do you think you will ever get married. I know that there are those on the spectrum who are already married and possibly have kids, but for those of us who were single entire lives, do you think you would ever get married?

Only if I can become independent enough & have enough money to travel & do the mail-order bride thing

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:47 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
Most marriages seem to end that way. I have no desire to risk losing years of my life (and half of my possessions) that way.

As for sharing, I know how to share, but it's much more satisfying to accomplish something on my own. I am ambitious and failure is not an option for me.

P.S.: I know it sounds contradictory, but while I don't want to marry, I wish I had a girlfriend. My problem lies with living together with another person.

Hmmm, isn't it like 50% or something that ends in divorce?

That's a teensy bit cynical that you would lose years of your life (but the possession thing, just sign an annulment[learned that from a tv show, :lol: ])

Yea, I am not too good at the sharing thing. Especially with food :?

Much more satisfying to accomplish something on your own, what makes you think you have to stop doing things on your own, you don't have to do everything together, just some things.

I hope to get a boyfriend when I go to college. My problem is I have a hard time trusting people and with sensory issues. (and maybe the living together, but I will fix that when I go to college).

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:48 pm

nick007 wrote:
Only if I can become independent enough & have enough money to travel & do the mail-order bride thing

Haha :lol: My uncle (40-50 years old) says the mail-order thing all the time.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:51 pm

MyWorld wrote:

I've not been single for my entire life but it's been a while and yes, I think I will get married. 35 is when I intend to have kids, which leaves me with five years and erm, one month:)

[edit] Maybe this therad should be a poll. Mods, can you make that happen?

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 10:25 pm

If I am ever in a relationship, it probably won't be a marriage. I'm not so much against the idea... I just don't see the point at this age. But I'll probably never be in an intimate relationship. I can accept what I've got. That's enough for me.

Musicprophets
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2011, 10:37 pm

more than likely, no.

SPKx
Toucan
Toucan

06 May 2011, 10:43 pm

It's one of my biggest desires in life.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 11:12 pm

I would like to one day. But will i? i have no idea :roll:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 May 2011, 11:23 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Haha :lol: My uncle (40-50 years old) says the mail-order thing all the time.

I'm being serious. The dating scene is next to impossible for me. Need to bypass/find a way around that.

SPKx wrote:
It's one of my biggest desires in life.

Same here

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition