Poll: Who didn't go to senior prom.

Page 1 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Did you go to your senior prom in high school?
Yes, I am a girl and I was asked by a guy 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Yes, I am a girl who went stag with friends 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Yes, I am a girl who went by herself 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Yes, I am a boy who asked a girl 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Yes, I am a boy who went stag with friends 7%  7%  [ 7 ]
No, I am a girl who didn't get asked 15%  15%  [ 15 ]
No, I am a girl who turned someone down 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
No, I am a boy who was too shy to ask 12%  12%  [ 12 ]
No, I am a boy who didn't know who to ask 19%  19%  [ 20 ]
No, I am a boy or girl who had other plans 30%  30%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 103

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 8:44 pm

I didn't get asked, and I feel like I am the only one who hasn't. So, I just wanted to see if I was.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 8:56 pm

Did you go to your senior prom in high school?

[ ] Yes, I am a girl and I was asked by a guy
[ ] Yes, I am a girl who went stag with friends
[ ] Yes, I am a girl who went by herself
[ ] Yes, I am a boy who asked a girl
[ ] Yes, I am a boy who went stag with friends
[ ] No, I am a girl who didn't get asked
[ ] No, I am a girl who turned someone down
[ ] No, I am a boy who was too shy to ask
[ ] No, I am a boy who didn't know who to ask
[ ] No, I am a boy or girl who had other plans
[X] No, I am a boy and asked several girls who all said 'No' and/or who laughed in my face.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:03 pm

That's sad :cry: If only there were a way to find guys like that in high school now. Since the girls can't ask, the ones who don't want to miss out still have to because the guys don't know who was asked or not. :(

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:06 pm

ME! :D

I'm glad I didn't go b/c I hated almost everyone in my class. Also, I was pissed that a group of girls asked me to go with them b/c they knew my grandmother who worked at the school... she than wanted me to apologize b/c I was PISSED :twisted: :roll:.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:06 pm

my fiance broke up with me a week before, so i didn't feel like going. :( oh and he left me for a man so i wasn't feeling attractive enough to ask any of my male mates to go. :(

So I'm never in a rush

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:08 pm

I am not going. It will require me to listen to loud music, to get dressed up, and to socialize with more than about 10 people. Then I'd no doubt be forced to go to a party with my classmates where I'd feel very uncomfortable watching everyone (or lots of people anyways) drink (or worse) and defending myself for being a teetotaler. I don't exactly have other plans though (like I voted), unless you count staying at home and maybe watching a movie with the family.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 May 2011, 9:16 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
That's sad :cry: If only there were a way to find guys like that in high school now. Since the girls can't ask, the ones who don't want to miss out still have to because the guys don't know who was asked or not. :(

I think you should ask someone if you really want to go. Some guys can be extremely shy & are to afraid to ask a girl out & would love it if a girl would ask them instead of them having to do the asking.

I didn't go to mine because I had no desire to go. I never went to a single dance, sports game or party because I was completely disinterested in social things & relationships. My vote on this poll was "No, I am a boy who didn't know who to ask" because I really didn't know anyone. If someone had asked me to go; I might would of went

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 06 May 2011, 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SPKx
Toucan
Toucan

06 May 2011, 9:18 pm

I remember not really enjoying my prom that much, because I was the only dateless one in my group.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:35 pm

I went to mine with a friend who asked me and actually enjoyed it a lot more than I'd thought I would. I really only went because it was important to my friend, he was cute and I had a huge secret crush on him. Otherwise, I probably would have just bagged the whole thing. A nice memory to look back on, but also a huge waste of money and a bit overrated. Plus, I cannot dance to save my life, lol!

Last edited by blueroses on 06 May 2011, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:40 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
... Since the girls can't ask...

Says who?

Go ask him!

NOW!

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:41 pm

Peko wrote:
I'm glad I didn't go b/c I hated almost everyone in my class. Also, I was pissed that a group of girls asked me to go with them b/c they knew my grandmother who worked at the school... she than wanted me to apologize b/c I was PISSED

See I don't hate everyone I am just way more shy than everyone else. But that's kinda dumb that they invited you for just that reason...at the same time, any invite you can get is better than nothing....right?

Solvejg wrote:
my fiance broke up with me a week before, so I didn't feel like going. oh and he left me for a man so I wasn't feeling attractive enough to ask any of my male mates to go.

That really sucks. :(

AstroGeek wrote:
I am not going. It will require me to listen to loud music, to get dressed up, and to socialize with more than about 10 people. Then I'd no doubt be forced to go to a party with my classmates where I'd feel very uncomfortable watching everyone (or lots of people anyways) drink (or worse) and defending myself for being a teetotaler. I don't exactly have other plans though (like I voted), unless you count staying at home and maybe watching a movie with the family.

See, I like loud music. I once went to a deaf event (ironically) that was extremely loud. I enjoyed it (for the most part, but after 5 hours it hurts your ears too much).

Dressing-up is SO much fun. I love clothes! It sounds girly, but I like color and style and design and everything along those lines. Guess it is part of my girl/artist instincts.

I go to a predominately Mormon school, there'd be no drinking or I'd leave.

I have other plans, luckily...with myself. I am running a 20 mile run to prepare for my marathon in 5 weeks.

But I guess if that's not your thing, then it wouldn't be that fun.

Nick007 wrote:
I think you should ask someone if you really want to go. Some guys can be extremely shy & are to afraid to ask a girl out & would love it if a girl would ask them instead of them having to do the asking.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am super shy.
I have only gone to 1 dance this year.
After nearly having a panic attack, I lucked out and asked a guy who was a nice guy to Sadie Hawkins.

Plus it is tomorrow. :(

Nick007 wrote:
I didn't go to mine because I had no desire to go. I never went to a single dance, sports game or party because I was completely disinterested in social things & relationships. My vote on this poll was "No, I am a boy who didn't know who to ask" because I really didn't know anyone. If someone had asked me to go; I might would of went

You are kinda like me, aside from I actually like going to some of these things:
I went to 1 football game in my freshman, sophomore, and junior year.
I have gone to 1 dance this year.

I wouldn't know who to ask anyways either, the only reason I did know for Sadies is because someone from church said he hand;t been asked yet.

SPKx wrote:
I remember not really enjoying my prom that much, because I was the only dateless one in my group.

Why would you go if you are the only one? Wouldn't that be kinda awkward? Just sayin.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:53 pm

AstroGeek wrote:

That was exactly my attitude towards it all, too! I wish I'd been diagnosed or had at least heard of Asperger's back in high school. At the time, I'd honestly had thought I was crazy and that I was the only one who wasn't excited about Prom.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:53 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
Peko wrote:
I'm glad I didn't go b/c I hated almost everyone in my class. Also, I was pissed that a group of girls asked me to go with them b/c they knew my grandmother who worked at the school... she than wanted me to apologize b/c I was PISSED

See I don't hate everyone I am just way more shy than everyone else. But that's kinda dumb that they invited you for just that reason...at the same time, any invite you can get is better than nothing....right?

The twp girls kinda thought they were my friends, but I liked the one girl a bit and enjoyed having a class with her but the other girl was annoying. Plus I had made up my mind as a freshman that I would not be attending any dances/prom or social school functions... I stuck with my guns and they asked me anyway. :roll:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:59 pm

I tried the whole dance thing in middle school. By high school, I refused to go to any.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 10:13 pm

Given that my attempts at that age, of trying to talk to or otherwise socially interact with people, always resulted in the person walking away in the middle of it (usually in under 10 seconds), I didn't know who to ask.

Ah, good memories... not.

JohnOldman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2011, 10:13 pm

I was at my most misanthropic during my senior year and didn't go. I nearly didn't go to my graduation.

I don't see people as the enemy anymore, but I'm just starting to work on my antisocial habits and the mindblindness stuff. I'll be getting a new set of college roommates in the Fall, so I can take the awkwardness meter out of the red zone and give it another go.