Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

gen-ph
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2011, 10:11 am

Finally managed to convince one of my teachers after a few months that I work far better on projects by myself than when I am forced to "choose a partner". Mostly due to the added stress of having to find something for said partner to do/communicate in an appropriate way.

My grade, projects-only, has gone from a 62 (last grading period) to an 89 in my most hated subject.

I know I should learn to cope with group projects, and I able too when it comes to what I'll be majoring in when I go to college, but on subjects that I'm being forced to take...it is hell.

AQ// 41 out of 50
Aspie Quiz// AS: 168/200 NT: 46/200

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 10:44 am

Awesome! I am glad for you.

TheMatrixHasYou
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2011, 12:33 pm

Congrats! :D

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2011, 5:15 pm

I like to work alone and to work with two of my friends, but if i'm getting a project where i need to choose another than them it's hard for me.

JohnOldman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2011, 5:31 pm

That's great congrats.

I'm registered for a course in "Small Group Communcations" for the Fall semester, based on a textbook titled "Working in Groups". I recommend looking into this sort of thing; I'm guessing most universities would have a similar course available.

gen-ph
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 May 2011, 4:54 pm

JohnOldman wrote:
That's great congrats.

I'm registered for a course in "Small Group Communcations" for the Fall semester, based on a textbook titled "Working in Groups". I recommend looking into this sort of thing; I'm guessing most universities would have a similar course available.

If my university has something like that, I'll definitely look into taking it. I just get weirded out by groups.

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

AQ// 41 out of 50
Aspie Quiz// AS: 168/200 NT: 46/200