I've changed my gender in my WP profile.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 9:10 am

I've changed my gender from Female to Male. I feel more at peace that way. I've spent my whole life trying to be something that I did not choose to be. I've decided to throw in the gender towel and do what's right for me. I can be the gender that I wish to be, on WP. I didn't choose to be born a female and if babies could choose their genders in their mother's wombs, I would have chosen to be a male. My body has just felt completely wrong to me, my entire life. If I had the money, I'd get a sex change. I already have my first name picked out. You all know what it is, by now. If my parents knew about me, they'd have their fingers crossed in hopes that I don't win an entire $50 Million Dollar Lotto Max jackpot.

It's a good thing that I'm a Kinks Fan and I like frilly shirts underneath my jackets. That would earn me more acceptance with the people who have old world views about genders, in a way. If I was into the other British groups of the 60s or into the Hip Hop scene, I would probably be having a much harder time with all this, because I wouldn't like the frilly shirts that attracted me to The Kinks.

I have to do what's right for me.

Last edited by CockneyRebel on 08 May 2011, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 9:17 am

Right on. You are who you are no matter what other people think. "This above all: to thine own self be true..."

RainingRoses
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 9:34 am

Awesome! I'm happy for you. And you're absolutely right: you are allowed to identify as anything you want to. And not just on WP! IRL, too.

One of my closest friends is FTM. He's had most or all of the surgical procedures possible, hormone replacement, etc. I think this is unusual (as in uncommon), though: he's sexually attracted to men. Doesn't make for the easiest go of it, but like you said, we don't choose this stuff! I do know that he gets a little kick out of it when I ask him, "Hey man, how are ya?" So I try to slip some kind of "gender recognition" language into conversation when I see him. It's not hard -- he's probably more masculine than I am!

Anyway, best of luck wherever this takes you. Hopefully toward increasing levels of happiness and self-satisfaction! :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 10:02 am

I do it pretty much in real life. It's just harder to change the gender on your birth certificate, than it is on a website. Another thing that I have planned for myself is that when I get myself a better job and make my $500 a month, I'll be buying myself a piece of exercise equipment that's been traditionally favoured by males. I'm going to buy myself a portable chin up station that's made of steel. I have my Bally twisting disk for cardio, already. I think that the chin ups would be a good way to go, because I weigh 250 right now and lifting my body weight for three sets of 12 with cardio in between will preserve the mass of my arms as I lose weight everywhere else on my body. It's bound to happen that way, because 250 lbs is a lot of weight. In the end, I need to make myself happy. :)

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 10:39 am

I knew this would be posted by you. Anyway good on you for not being ashamed or shy about it or anything. We all have our quirks, just so happens you feel more male than not.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 10:51 am

This post makes me smile.

I am pleased for you, CR. I imagine this must feel very liberating and satisfying for you.

:)

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 1:16 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
In the end, I need to make myself happy. :)

Good for you :D

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 1:29 pm

Right on.

soulecho
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 May 2011, 1:38 pm

I've done the same thing, except I changed my gender to male to female. For precisely the same reason.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 2:01 pm

:thumright:

TheRedKipper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2013, 3:49 pm

You must feel happier now after changing your gender on WP

Did the same thing and I am happier for it.

Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2013, 12:14 pm

I never actually looked at your profile before, and I always thought that you were a male - mainly because of your avatars. :lol: