Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2011, 1:06 am

Recently I was at my dad's house and found a book that hadn't been touched in years, TTYL. I heard it's a good book so I open it up and see something written on the inside of the cover and I think "Huh? Oh my, a note how interesting!" and the note had the URL to a website in it. So I go there and it turns out the site is all about spreading books around, reading them, and seeing where they end up. A fun idea, right?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 1:13 am

That does sound like fun! I think my aunt is doing something similar among her circle of friends.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

09 May 2011, 1:17 am

cool idea!! sounds like that dollar bill thing "where's george"
you could ask the reader what they thought was the most interesting part of the book and so on
where they found it on what date and any important thing that happened that day becides the book
where they are going to leave it

I love finding those where is george dollar bills

Jojo

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2011, 1:26 am

I think I've heard of that "Where's George" thing. I didn't know people actually did that though. :o
Yeah, I think it's really cool what they're doing. It's too bad I'm not all that interested in the book I came across. And I didn't even write down the code so I can't see where it's been. =(

christian77
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 May 2011, 4:44 pm

Eh, no, I never give away any books. Once I get them, I keep them.