The Zeitgeist Movement - Podcast show now online!

Page 14 of 14 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 7:19 am

Adam-Anti-Um wrote:
Why is it important for you to find out about my personal positions? Is that even relevant? Shall I open up a thread about me personally and allow others to comment on my personality? You would be all over that thread, wouldn't you? Is it because you think if you reveal some flaw in my personality you can raise your fist in victory against the whole matter being discussed?

because, adam, the way you have conducted yourself in interacting with me has begged the question, and curiosity is a natural facet in humans. whether your logical faculties are seriously flawed, whether you are very in your own head and don't care to look at things in a pragmatic and realistic manner, or whether you just like having a pedantic argument, as much as you claim you don't, it is very difficult to have a coherent discussion with you.

Quote:
Tell you what, howabout you grow up and realise that it is THE INFORMATION ITSELF that truly matters.

Quote:

because it is not pure information. whether you like it or not, it is wrought with opinion.

Quote:
i am still waiting for you to present even the most scant evidence that the FREEMAN position has ever been successfully deployed by anyone anywhere in challenging the state. your APPARENT inability to do this leads me to believe that my assertion is correct.

You must be blind as well as ignorant. Shall I continually post the links over and over until they finally register with your brain?

i've already told you i'm not going to waste two or three hours of my day watching youtube videos about this. if there is hard evidence in any of those videos showing the FREEMAN ON THE LAND idea being successfully used in a court, please either describe it or point me to a time point in any of the videos. otherwise, i'll assume that the evidence of this is not forthcoming, and will continue to believe as i do, that it is simply sophistry and is of no benefit to anyone in reality.

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

Adam-Anti-Um
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 7:22 am

peebo wrote:
Adam-Anti-Um wrote:
Why is it important for you to find out about my personal positions? Is that even relevant? Shall I open up a thread about me personally and allow others to comment on my personality? You would be all over that thread, wouldn't you? Is it because you think if you reveal some flaw in my personality you can raise your fist in victory against the whole matter being discussed?

because, adam, the way you have conducted yourself in interacting with me has begged the question, and curiosity is a natural facet in humans. whether your logical faculties are seriously flawed, whether you are very in your own head and don't care to look at things in a pragmatic and realistic manner, or whether you just like having a pedantic argument, as much as you claim you don't, it is very difficult to have a coherent discussion with you.

Quote:
Tell you what, howabout you grow up and realise that it is THE INFORMATION ITSELF that truly matters.

Quote:

because it is not pure information. whether you like it or not, it is wrought with opinion.

Quote:
i am still waiting for you to present even the most scant evidence that the FREEMAN position has ever been successfully deployed by anyone anywhere in challenging the state. your APPARENT inability to do this leads me to believe that my assertion is correct.

You must be blind as well as ignorant. Shall I continually post the links over and over until they finally register with your brain?

i've already told you i'm not going to waste two or three hours of my day watching youtube videos about this. if there is hard evidence in any of those videos showing the FREEMAN ON THE LAND idea being successfully used in a court, please either describe it or point me to a time point in any of the videos. otherwise, i'll assume that the evidence of this is not forthcoming, and will continue to believe as i do, that it is simply sophistry and is of no benefit to anyone in reality.

Waaa, waaa, waa, grow up and do your own reasearch and your own thinking. It amazes me how you're capable of doing ANYTHING by yourself if you're asking me to spoonfeed you like a toddler with time references in a 10 minute video. That REALLY is sad. You conveniently state that you wouldn't waste the time to actually look at the information HOWEVER you are COMPLETELY willing to waste FAR more time simply arguing about it in a childish manner purely because you are not prepared to do your own research and your own thinking.

"We can spend the rest of our existences stomping on the ants that are mysteriously coming out from under the refridgerator, or we can remove the spoiled food behind it which is causing the infestation to begin with." - Peter Joseph

Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 7:27 am

Adam-Anti-Um wrote:
Did I state that information off my own back? Or was I asked? Your circular argument isn't getting you anywhere.

My argument is not circular, it is a proposition. If you are asked to provide evidence and do not what to discuss the matter, say so, being the author of a thread does not entitle you to a free kick.

Adam-Anti-Um wrote:
Because my PODCAST, yea, my PODCAST is about answering questions and interviewing people in regards to an RBE. So when people ask me about an RBE shall I start talking about other things JUST so you won't think Im restricting things? Grow up will you?

Grow up? I did not invite such a comment, I am making a point, you are reacting very aggressively to it, I apologize if my style of argument riles you up but please give me the benefit of the doubt, it is not my intention to insult you. It may well be your podcast, you are the author of the thread, you posted evidence in response to a question. It is however, special pleading to expect that you get to post and that I cannot post a rebuttal without being attacked. If you want to post a happy birthday Horus on December 25th, it is fair to respond to you.

Adam-Anti-Um wrote:
Wrong. I was asked to provide the sources. And I provided them. The information speaks for itself. You see that is why this whole argument of yours falls under the category of intellectual laziness. Because you perpetually wish for information to have a person attatched to it, to represent it and to defend it. This will always stop you from having the freedom to simply look at the information itself FOR YOURSELF.

That statement fits the definition of a fallacy of special pleading. Post debates begin when you please, but do not end when you wish.

Adam-Anti-Um wrote:
Please can you paste in here a quote from where I have actually used those words in regards to 9/11.

What 'words', I did not put specific words into your mouth, I stated that you endorsed the part of the message of the second movie:
"Was 9/11 the only false flag terror attack to ever occur?" See how you assumed the premise there?

Was not spoken of the soul.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

29 Dec 2011, 2:47 pm

Adam-Anti-Um wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
Or, other posters are simply asking you for more information than you are able or are prepared to give them.

I think the length of this thread in addition to 2 other threads that go way into pages of double figures shows how much information I'm "prepared" to give. I am prepared to explain this to people. The one thing I am not prepared to do, is understand it for them. And I recognise that I can talk to you lot till I'm blue in the face. Until you actually look at the material for yourselves and see what is what, my words are completely meaningless.

What is difficult to understand about that? Are you THAT ardent in your defense of intellectual laziness?
Don't lecture me.

Quote:
Raising a troll BEHAVIOUR accusation is not a personal attack. Because behaviour is learned. Hense behaviour is not the individual themselves.
I'm not going to argue semantics with you.
Personal attacks - in this case equating what you perceive as belligerence and ignorance bordering on troll behaviour, from those who question or dispute what you say - will not be tolerated on WrongPlanet.

Demanding that other posters understand is clearly failing and you're becoming increasingly frustrated and angry with this so perhaps a change of approach would be more fruitful.
Alternatively, if you are unwilling to answer the questions raised by other posters in a respectful manner then you should withdraw from the discussion.

Adam-Anti-Um
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 7:03 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Don't lecture me.

And you think just because you are a moderator you're in a position to lecture me? Where's your objectivity? I would have thought that is key for a moderator.

Quote:
I'm not going to argue semantics with you.

Of course, you're just gonna act like the parent and hope I act like the child.

Quote:
Personal attacks - in this case equating what you perceive as belligerence and ignorance bordering on troll behaviour, from those who question or dispute what you say - will not be tolerated on WrongPlanet.

If you're so hot to trot on personal attacks then maybe I should be asking where the HELL were you guys when I get ridiculous insults thrown my way? Oh is it acceptible to engage in personal insults if the insultee is outnumbered? Gimme a break.

However you cannot enforce that accusation because I have clearly stated on several occasions over the course of over 2 years that there ARE those who disagree with me, in a RESPECTFUL manner and I am deeply appreciative of their points because they have the MATURITY to actually listen. You REALLY are barking up the wrong tree here. You are being one sided. And that is not what a moderator does.

Quote:
Demanding that other posters understand is clearly failing and you're becoming increasingly frustrated and angry with this so perhaps a change of approach would be more fruitful.

I'm starting to think that you're actually paying less attention than the beligerent posters do. No offense. If you have paid attention, then I have asked that if people wish to discuss it with me, then they should know what they are talking about. That is a request. Not an order.

Quote:
Alternatively, if you are unwilling to answer the questions raised by other posters in a respectful manner then you should withdraw from the discussion.

I can see that you pay just as little attention as they do since I write LENGTHY responses to all points raised to me. If you have read any of my posts, you will notice that.

Overall I do not get the impression that you have acted fairly as a moderator and unless you're gonna be objective (as per your role as a moderator) then I would be inclined to request the ability to make a vote of no confidence in your performance as a mod. No offense to you. And this is my right as a forum user. You don't wear jack boots, I have the right to question your authority and hold it up to the light of scrutiny if I see fit and bring it to the attention of those above you.

"We can spend the rest of our existences stomping on the ants that are mysteriously coming out from under the refridgerator, or we can remove the spoiled food behind it which is causing the infestation to begin with." - Peter Joseph

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

29 Dec 2011, 7:18 pm

Adam, I've asked you to respond to the questions you've been asked on this thread and your response is to argue with me in the same way you've been arguing with others here.

It appears this thread has reached a point of no return and is therefore being locked.