Living alone, feeling overwhelmed by household tasks.

Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jan 2023, 10:16 pm

This is an outside the box idea so feel free to ignore it but I find living with someone easier than trying to manage household tasks on my own. It's one of the reasons I majorly hated being single. Me & my girlfriend both have our various issues & neither of us could handle living by ourselves for partly different reasons. I s#ck with independent living skills whereas Cass has more skills than me but cant handle living by herself due to anxiety & depression. I usually find her a lot easier to deal with than the thought of trying to manage everything on my own. We do some things together & some things separately but we usually keep each other company in the process which can help us stay on track.

I'm not sure if this is the case for anyone but I notice lots of chores don't need to be done nearly as often as some other people believe. For example when my mom was growing up, my grandma wanted the house vacuumed, moped, & dusted every couple days, & dishes had to washed after every single meal. I wash dishes after things majorly piled up & we are about out of clean 1s which is less than 1ce a week. 1ce I get started with a chore, it's easier for me to keep going with it till that specific chore is done than it is for me to start up again with it in a day or so. Plus some chores are not that much more difficult nor time consuming if I wait to do them like vacuuming will not take 2wice as long if I do it every two weeks instead of every week. It's easier for me to plan to do one type of chore in a day instead of planning to do multiple chores in one day. It was not like this for me when I was working but a work environment is different for me than a home one. I'm much more lazy & unconcerned about chores at home.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition