Best artificial intelligence simulator currently available.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2011, 11:51 am

I wonder when it will be a simulated person with whom one could talk.

As a kid I really liked the series Star Trek: The Next Generation, was one of the first Western series which aired in my country (Poland), it was liked be many people. It was 1990. I myself was born in 1986. I was a little TNG had its premiere in Poland, It was quite often rerun

I loved the concept of artificial intelligence, my hero but not only It wa Mr. Data. I also liked the holodeck, in particular the VIC, from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and the "Doctor" from Star Trek: Voyager.

I wonder if anyone will create in the near future, something like that?
Which game or computer program is the best artificial intelligence?
Can anyone create a simulator of the human :-)

P.S. As you probably guessed I'm a fan of Star Trek, my favorite character was Wesley Crusher and Q;-)
I wonder why do so many bad reviews for a Wesleyan, I think he was a role model, intelligent and resourceful at least I liked him. I really do not know why so many dislike him

ViewUpHere
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2011, 8:47 pm

Good question! Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. I look forward to seeing what other people write.

As far as Wesley Crusher goes, I was also a fan. At times the character irritated me because I knew I wasn't that smart and never would be. But it helped to remind myself it was a work of fiction. As a side-note, Wil Wheaton is a writer as well as an actor. Some time ago he wrote a book called "Memories of the Future" in which he talks about the first season of TNG. He's working on the next volume, which covers the next season. My introduction to his writing was another book of his called "Just a Geek". He goes behind the scenes on some of the stuff that happened after he left TNG. But the book covers a lot more ground than that, including learning to write. It's funny, since reading Just a Geek I've become more of a fan of Wil Wheaton than I was Wesley Crusher.

Kumorigoe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 May 2011, 10:01 am

As far as the best AI right now goes, it's probably IBM's "Watson" supersomputer, the machine that beat Ken Jennings at Jeopardy.

As far as replicating the human brain, you can look at it from a variety of standpoints. From a purely technological versus biological view, you can compare the number of transistors in a CPU to the number of neurons in the average human brain.

The human brain contains anywhere from 80 to 120 billion neuronal cells, and these cells pass signals back and forth to one another through as many as a thousand trillion synaptic connections. Compare that to the current fastest single CPU, the IBM z196. It has 1.4 billion transistors and can process 50 billion instructions per second. So we're a little ways off from a human brain on a chip just yet.

gish_vector
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 May 2011, 4:07 pm

AI is a huge favorite topic for me. :-) It would be nice if we could just make a one-to-one correlation between the transistors on a processor and the number of neurons in a brain. Unfortunately, we need integer values (or floating point numbers) for the artificial neuron's weighted inputs, in order for the neurons to do much of anything useful. Then you have to do something (like a calculation on the sum of those inputs) which requires a few clock cycles. THEN we have to decide what to do with the output of the neuron...clock cycles start adding up.

There is a lot of parallel activity to be done with artificial neural networks, however, and I love that! There are also analog/digital hybrid neural networks which take out some processing time...I found some papers on the subject,but cannot post any URLs here.

I am happy to find some others interested in this! :-)

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 5:25 pm

Quote:
I wonder when it will be a simulated person with whom one could talk.

Cleverbot?

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 5:51 am

http://au.akinator.com/

That's a really good 'guess who' bot.

In regards to human-like artificial intelligence, if you were to program it from scratch it would be a monstrous task.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2014, 1:04 pm

Google recently acquired an artificial intelligence company:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2091500/ ... pmind.html

WHOA!

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2014, 7:16 pm

Kurgan wrote:
http://aigamedev.com/open/editorial/2013-awards/

Any consideration for putting the 'aigamedev.com' link into the 'Games & Video Games' Forum?