Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2011, 3:11 pm

A friend on facebook had posted this, so I thought it might be interesting to share here although I'm certain there may be responses similar to Bill's labeling of Ray Stevens on my thread on "Obama money". Anyhow, please listen before you respond. Thanks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xryXpK042pQ[/youtube]

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2011, 4:21 pm

Everything he says is true. And what sucks today is all these Dixiecrats (Neo-Confederate Rednecks) and other white jerks who call themselves conservative Republicans and make us look horrible.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2011, 4:40 pm

USMCnBNSFdude wrote:
Everything he says is true. And what sucks today is all these Dixiecrats (Neo-Confederate Rednecks) and other white jerks who call themselves conservative Republicans and make us look horrible.

Republicans, such as myself, are not racist. Being "white" does not make a person racist. Perceiving racism being committed against oneself does not make one racist either. Racism is either providing unmerited hate or unmerited favor on the basis of superficiality or genealogy, which is just plain stupid. You calling conservative Republicans "white jerks" and "Neo-Confederate Rednecks" is racist and also stupid.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:49 am

Not bad, for someone who completed a high school history class.

There are a few holes, of course. The Republican Party doesn't go back all the way to Jefferson. And, he would have you think that the Dixiecrats (like Strom Thurmond and George Wallace) who ran on racist platforms never switched to the Republican side, or that they magically became non-racists after switching to the Republican side. The fact is that many Southern Democrats were irked by the Democratic civil-rights efforts, and consequently found a home in the Republican party.

Otherwise, the switch of the North from Solid Republican to Solid Democrat, and the South from Solid Democrat to Solid Republican, wouldn't make sense.