14 May 2011, 12:46 pm

I think I'll stick to no labels.

I'm in the Moog gang.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 1:22 pm

Philologos wrote:
But there is not only alliteration - what about rhyme? Remember the Mod Squad?

You mean something "Atheist Schmatheist"?

Ah, or maybe like a traveling, trumpet-playing evangelismistic team I knew as "Frank G---- and the God Squad" many years ago, we could be "PhilologoLeo & Same"?!

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 1:34 pm

Or the Meetinghouse Five Plus One

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 1:47 pm

Moog wrote:

I'm in the Moog gang.

You just labeled yourself. :)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 1:51 pm

Lecks wrote:
Moog wrote:

I'm in the Moog gang.

Yes, I'm a Moogist. join my cult; Moogism. Free Moogasms to first ten contributors.

BurntOutMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 1:55 pm

Moog wrote:
Lecks wrote:
Moog wrote:

I'm in the Moog gang.

Yes, I'm a Moogist. join my cult; Moogism. Free Moogasms to first ten contributors.

:lmao:

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 2:15 pm

Moog wrote:
Lecks wrote:
Moog wrote:

I'm in the Moog gang.

Like the song, "I'm in the Moog for Love"?

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 5:15 pm

Moog wrote:
[; Moogism. Free Moogasms .

Freudian blip topic

Sin-ister. :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 9:12 am

Philologos wrote:
Moog wrote:
Lecks wrote:
Moog wrote:

I'm in the Moog gang.

Like the song, "I'm in the Moog for Love"?

The "Moog Synthesizers"?

For the counter group to the strident athiests:

"the God Squad"

"the God Goons" or "theistic thugs"

'" the Faither Guns"

"the faith base players"

Just brainsormin'

NobelCynic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 12:28 pm

Maybe a two word label like the strident atheists have isn't the best idea. I am starting to think more along the lines of an acronym, something like Motrasand for Minds open to religion and spiritually advocating meaningful dialog. Something that would make membership open to anyone but a strident atheist or a delusional religionist.

It is my fondest hope that the existence of such a group will draw some of the people back to PPR that the SAs have driven out.

BurntOutMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 4:01 pm

BurntOutMom wrote:
NobelCynic wrote:
Orwell wrote:
"Strident Atheists" is tongue-in-cheek as well, as "strident" is not typically a compliment. I'm in favor of the term Religious Rabble if for no other reason than that I like alliteration.

My problem with Religious Rabble is we are not all religious, some of us are SBNR and that name may prevent some of them form joining.

All the Strident Atheists really do is identify with the group and that seems to encourage them to become more strident. What I was thinking was doing the same thing. Perhaps theist is a bad word too because I wouldn't want to exclude agnostics, the only people I would want to exclude would be those who promote a specific image of God for the atheists to attack.

This is exactly what I've been thinking as I've followed this thread.. Though not an Atheist, I seem to side more with them on issues because I value their logic. I don't find religion or religious texts to have any value (as truth) to me whatsoever. While I believe in a God, I can admit that my thoughts are based on emotion and I have no proof at all. I don't see how I could fit in with a group such as has been described here. While the SA's seem to have a general consensus of ideology, and seem to respect, appreciate, and enjoy each other, I do not think that is the same with all of the "Others". I think, if you want to limit dissension within you group you should probably limit the scope of your group..Like... The Kreation-luvin Khristian Krazies.... Or something! :wink:

I apparently was wrong.... They don't seem to be getting along so well, or I am horribly misinterpreting their current exchanges.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 4:09 pm

BurntOutMom wrote:
BurntOutMom wrote:
NobelCynic wrote:
Orwell wrote:
"Strident Atheists" is tongue-in-cheek as well, as "strident" is not typically a compliment. I'm in favor of the term Religious Rabble if for no other reason than that I like alliteration.

My problem with Religious Rabble is we are not all religious, some of us are SBNR and that name may prevent some of them form joining.

All the Strident Atheists really do is identify with the group and that seems to encourage them to become more strident. What I was thinking was doing the same thing. Perhaps theist is a bad word too because I wouldn't want to exclude agnostics, the only people I would want to exclude would be those who promote a specific image of God for the atheists to attack.

This is exactly what I've been thinking as I've followed this thread.. Though not an Atheist, I seem to side more with them on issues because I value their logic. I don't find religion or religious texts to have any value (as truth) to me whatsoever. While I believe in a God, I can admit that my thoughts are based on emotion and I have no proof at all. I don't see how I could fit in with a group such as has been described here. While the SA's seem to have a general consensus of ideology, and seem to respect, appreciate, and enjoy each other, I do not think that is the same with all of the "Others". I think, if you want to limit dissension within you group you should probably limit the scope of your group..Like... The Kreation-luvin Khristian Krazies.... Or something! :wink:

I apparently was wrong.... They don't seem to be getting along so well, or I am horribly misinterpreting their current exchanges.

I think it's how atheists show love?

BurntOutMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 4:16 pm

Moog wrote:
BurntOutMom wrote:

I think it's how atheists show love?

Ohhhhh. Maybe it's all about the making up! :wink:

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 4:24 pm

Faithers - I thought you were going Irish on me. Or is that Scots? I am not really up on Irish dialectology.

In Union - with God - there is strength.