Sea Gull

16 Oct 2017, 10:54 pm

Who’s seen the movie?

Thoughts?

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 1:48 am

I haven't seen much of the show. I do see the charm in the characters and story though and it's a very lovely little series. But for some reason it just didn't capture my interest as much as Sonic the Hedgehog does. Though, I may watch some more episodes in the future when I have time.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 2:14 am

it's still running? same staff, cast and everything?

i watched seasons one to three back in early 2013 when it was a huge meme.

little over two years later i tried to finish 4 but lost interest. wonder what season they're on now...i hope they don't drag it on too long, that would be a real shame.

couldn't imagine they'd make another movie.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2017, 11:09 am

Phemto wrote:
Who’s seen the movie?

Thoughts?

Mostly good.

Just a few nitpicks.

Lorrent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2018, 5:26 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
it's still running? same staff, cast and everything?

i watched seasons one to three back in early 2013 when it was a huge meme.

little over two years later i tried to finish 4 but lost interest. wonder what season they're on now...i hope they don't drag it on too long, that would be a real shame.

couldn't imagine they'd make another movie.

Currently season 8 is airing. Even though I rarely watched an episode since 2014, it went downhill after season 4. A notable exception would be the episode „slice of life“ (season 5, episode 9) That one was actually pretty good.

They unfortunatly did it drag for too long.

Btw. there will be another movie, and g5 is also planned. :roll:

RAADS-R: 134

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2019, 3:46 pm

I used to like it. Now it sucks :lol:

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2019, 2:56 pm

Diamondisis wrote:
I used to like it. Now it sucks

^My reaction to King Sombra.^
Thanks, Season 9.
:x

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 11:34 am

AlanSmithee wrote:
Diamondisis wrote:
I used to like it. Now it sucks

^My reaction to King Sombra.^
Thanks, Season 9.
:x

I liked that episode as it was the best in a while but Sombra was pretty bad and they also seemed to change Cozy Glow to this cute little filly who was teaching Tirek about friendship.

As for MLP, I used to live and breathe this show but it's been fading over time as I have been busy with other things

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Apr 2019, 7:50 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Sombra was pretty bad

He was on a roll in 2015 -- a decently received Darth Vader-esque arc in the comics, then a well-received alternate timeline in the S5 finale.

...Until S9 decided to pull a Last Jedi on him, more or less.

vinyl360
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2019, 6:23 pm

BRONY 4 LIF3! 8)

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 7:57 am

I personally think season 9 has been the best we have had in a while though I miss the musical numbers that fans used to find catchy like

"Smile, Smile, Smile."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQKaAlMNvm8

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 9:36 pm

As sad as this might sound to some of you, FIM is the only show I've managed to stay current on anymore. I was also one of the many attendees for the final BronyCon earlier this month and I'm glad that I was able to be a part of the experience.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 11:37 am

I must admit that I've lost interest in the show overtime whereas I used to be quite invested. At this point I'm not saddened by generation four coming to a close. I just want to see how it concludes, and I don't think that I'll watch generation five. The show has had a good run (although I'm not a fan of Starlight Glimmer).

GreySavoy
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Sep 2019, 5:04 pm

I'm a casual fan in the sense that I don't follow it super closely, but I watch the series off and on, and typically see the movies when they come out on video. MLP will always hold a special place for me. I hated dolls and barbies and so the only franchised "gender-appropriate" toy I liked at that age was MLP. In more recent years, the movies and the soundtrack were a source of comfort, and perhaps familiarity, when I was going through a difficult time. I really appreciate the approach they've generally taken with the show and how it's never really felt like shallow platitudes or stereotypes.

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2019, 8:05 am

Like it or loathe it, it's had one hell of a run for a franchise incarnation, particularly for a kids' toyline tie-in in this day and age. G5 will be starting off from a vastly different position - and have a lot more to live up to.

I'm not going to pretend that FiM always got it exactly perfect in every episode (and comic), but sometimes it could really bring out the big guns, and it's explored a heck of a lot of territory over the years. It's quite possibly had the largest influence on the entire MLP line of any incarnation, including the original G1.

ThatWeirdGirlIntheCorner
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Oct 2019, 6:22 pm

I'm more into steven universe but I do enjoy mlp I like equestria girls more because I like my characters to be somewhat human.

I like some if the music I like BBBF and that song Candance sung. I like cozy glow even though she doesnt make much sense like where she came from and where her parents are but in already finished the entire series and it never got answered
:lol: