Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2011, 5:47 am

When you American's say "Oh Saccer" i think you mean a place in Japan :lol:

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 6:57 am

I call soccer World Football and football American Football.

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 8:21 am

I always found it weird to call a sport where the ball is carried in your hands / under your arm most of the time football. Always wondered where the word "Soccer" came from, until a friend of mine told me it is allegedly an abbreviation from the term "Association Football".

FTM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 May 2011, 12:06 am

That kind of makes sense. My team is Sunderland, full name Sunderland Association Football Club (SAFC). Rugby is properly called Rugby Football and "soccer" is properly called Association Football so it could easily be corrupted into Ruggers and Soccers. Ruggers and Rugger are still sometimes used so soccers and soccer may well have come from association. I think American football should realy be called World Series Football because the Yanks do like a bit of self importance :D.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 12:48 pm

Don't get me started on football and yanks, my football club had 44 months with a right pair of cowboys, thank god for John W. Henry :D

FTM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2011, 1:35 am

cdfox7 wrote:
Don't get me started on football and yanks, my football club had 44 months with a right pair of cowboys, thank god for John W. Henry :D

And that new player of yours who destroyed us a couple of months ago, Sewer-rat or something I think he's called.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 4:42 am

FTM wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:

And that new player of yours who destroyed us a couple of months ago, Sewer-rat or something I think he's called.

Suarez? lol stop being bitter you'll end up like an evertonan :P

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 5:37 am

FTM wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:

Sewer-rat, haha, that's a good one. hey did i just compliment a sunderland fan??? :oops:

it's gonna be interesting to see what happens in the off season. Who's gonna replace Ancelotti? Will Dalglish stay at Liverpool, and who are we gonna buy, with the money we got for Andy Carroll? We'll just have to wait and see...

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 6:01 am

I can't cheer for Suarez now, I miss him on AJAX.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 4:55 pm

i_wanna_blue wrote:
FTM wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:

Sewer-rat, haha, that's a good one. hey did i just compliment a sunderland fan??? :oops:

it's gonna be interesting to see what happens in the off season. Who's gonna replace Ancelotti? Will Dalglish stay at Liverpool, and who are we gonna buy, with the money we got for Andy Carroll? We'll just have to wait and see...

King Kenny (Dalglish) signed a three year contract as manger on the 12th of this month :D
His secound coming is now permanent!! :sunny: :king: :hail:

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 4:26 am

Right Liverpool still wont win the league for years to come.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 10:00 am

thewrll wrote:
Right Liverpool still wont win the league for years to come.

I'm afraid I have to agree with thewrll there, although it would be nice for a team other than chelsea and united to the league. I can't really see it going to any club other than those two. Liverpool and arsenal are gonna need some serious changes in personnel if they wanna win the league imho.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 3:36 am

Arsenal needs a new coach. And Liverpool needs new fans.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 7:48 am

thewrll wrote:
Arsenal needs a new coach. And Liverpool needs new fans.

Well Arsenal needs a coach who isn't stingy. If Arsene Wenger could buy a few top quality players, rather than look for "bargains" there chances would be increased.

Why do you think Liverpool needs new fans? I think the Liverpool fans are great. Anfield half filled would probably have a better atmosphere than a capacity Old Trafford, I think.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 3:54 pm

thewrll wrote:
...And Liverpool needs new fans.

Do you support Everton? As thats like something a bitter blue nose would say!! :P