GIRLS: Would you date/marry a guy like me?

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

take your pick
yes 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
maybe if you change a bit 29%  29%  [ 7 ]
no 63%  63%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 24

aldilacuna
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2011, 7:08 am

If yes, can you describe yourself a little (e.g. tomboy, average or girly; library, bar, dance club, gym) so I can look for girls with similar traits and know where they hang out? If no, please drop me a 'no' if you don't mind. Thanks.

I am a shy, feminine guy who needs to be asked out. I am afraid of the dark and am disgusted of spiders but can get rid of them. I am a visual and musical person who is somewhat knowledgeable. I enjoy games and shows more than sports but can do sports at a decent (but not out-right impressive) level with you if you enjoy it a lot. I am about 5'6" to 6" tall. My body size is slander to average without too much muscles since I don't work out. I have good eye sight. I can take care of myself and am fairly tidy. I really think I have Asperger's and do not want kids.

Info from my newer posts:

I don't care about politics. I don't do drugs, smoke or alcohol. I'd like to experience sex.

Feminine like cupping my face, appreciating chick flicks as equally or more than action movies, appreciating romantic music, cute animals, cute plush toys and cute drawn 'creatures', wanting to lean my head on the shoulder/head of a girl I like, wanting to hug her, moaning my heart out (with probably a lower voice than a girl) when I touch myself if no one is in the house etc.

I made this topic not to see if I can get into a relationship with someone online but just to get a rough idea as to how many girls out of, say, 100 would find me relationship material, so I can have a slightly better idea of my chances in finding someone who'd like me IRL and where I can find her.

I don't like being alone in the dark (as long as the one keeping me company is not a ghost, thief, rapist or serial killer) in quiet unfamiliar outdoor areas, in a quiet building that has its lights off and I need to walk through or get out of it, or in the living room of a big home when nobody else is around at night.

I somewhat cringe at spiders, but I can flush them down the toilet after finding the right tools to get at them.

22, 4th year university, previous job earnings was $20/hour.

Last edited by aldilacuna on 22 May 2011, 2:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 7:32 am

I can't say from a short post on an internet whether I'd date a guy, so I'll just go through the traits you've listed

Quote:
shy,

Appealing.

Quote:
feminine

Not so appealing; I tend to get on better with guys.

Quote:
who needs to be asked out.

Quite possibly a deal-breaker, I have major problems initiating anything social.

Quote:
I am afraid of the dark

Not a factor in attraction for me.

Quote:
and am disgusted of spiders

Poor spiders! What did they ever do to you?

Quote:
but can get rid of them.

As long as you do it gently. I like spiders. And I can get rid of them myself.

Quote:
I am a visual and musical person who is somewhat knowledgeable.

All good.

Quote:
I enjoy games and shows more than sports but can do sports at a decent (but not out-right impressive) level with you if you enjoy it a lot. I am about 5'6" to 6" tall. My body size is slander to average without too much muscles since I don't work out. I have good eye sight.

Not factors that I consider.

Quote:
I can take care of myself

Good.

Quote:
and am fairly tidy.

I'm messy; this would cause conflict.

Quote:
I really think I have Asperger's

Probably good.

Quote:
and do not want kids.

Major bonus.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 7:39 am

Let me tell you something: If a woman posted this topic, no matter what she put in the description, I would say no.

Anyone who asks about such things and says "like me/you" is not someone I would want to be with.

I want someone who wants ME. Not someone LIKE me, mind you. Me. Similarly, I want that person to be the person I want. Not like the person I want.

Unfortunately, I already found the latter, and she apparently didn't fit into the former.

I firmly believe that, one day, we'll be able to predict love. That will NOT, however, include a list of traits, external or internal, except for the part of our brain that deals with love.

Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 8:09 am

aldilacuna wrote:
I have good eye sight.

that just takes the cake right there for me.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 8:52 am

So you said virtually nothing of your political, ethical, religious, or any other kind of beliefs,
whether you want marriage and a family,
any goals, personal or professional you might have,
or what your lifestyle is like, as far as drugs or alcohol, tobacco, sex, whether you have many friends or none at all, etc.

So I have absolutely no clue, about anything I would consider remotely-relevant to me,
other than your propensity to put people into boxes ("tomboy", "average", "girly")- a major negative.

aldilacuna
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2011, 9:37 am

I am considering marriage (from the topic). I don't care about politics. I don't do drugs, smoke or alcohol. I'd like to experience sex.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 9:44 am

aldilacuna wrote:
I am considering marriage (from the topic). I don't care about politics. I don't do drugs, smoke or alcohol. I'd like to experience sex.

Game over, for me.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 9:56 am

Sorry, I'd say no. It's mostly because I need someone who is completely unafraid of bugs to counteract my extreme phobia of most arthopods. You sound like someone I would hang out with though as a friend.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 10:13 am

GammaGeek wrote:
Sorry, I'd say no. It's mostly because I need someone who is completely unafraid of bugs to counteract my extreme phobia of most arthopods. You sound like someone I would hang out with though as a friend.

A fear of centipedes and millipedes? Hmmm. Yeah, you and I wouldn't click if you need a guy who's completely unafraid. I'll watch em for hours, and kill em sometimes if they come into the apartment, but I won't lie, there is at least some fear.

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2011, 12:15 pm

From what you're describing, it feels like I would have to be "the man" in the relationship if I was dating you and it doesn't appeal to me at all. But there are women who do find shy, feminine men attractive.
Also, I love spiders, so you and I probably wouldn't get along :wink:

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 4:06 pm

I think you will find someone in time. There is no point in asking a bunch of randoms if they will like a few arbitrary traits you have as they will give you the wrong idea about how you should be.

Taking a break.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 5:02 pm

I said no. I didn't bother reading your description.

If you have to ask, then I'm not interested.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 8:52 pm

To be honest, No. But there is bound to be a lot of women out there who are compatible with you.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 9:04 pm

I voted "maybe"...I almost didn't choose that because it said "if you changed" at the end. The only thing that I would have a problem with is the feminine part, I'm almost never attracted to feminine guys. But, I also don't know what you mean by feminine. I know some girls that aren't bothered by feminine guys, though.

aldilacuna
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2011, 9:33 pm

Feminine like cupping my face, appreciating chick flicks as equally or more than action movies, appreciating romantic music, cute animals, cute plush toys and cute drawn 'creatures', wanting to lean my head on the shoulder/head of a girl I like, wanting to hug her, moaning my heart out (with probably a lower voice than a girl) when I touch myself if no one is in the house etc.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 10:33 pm

aldilacuna wrote:

Hmmm....