Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 7:38 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I don't know about that if its anything like a normal anti-depressant I would rather not risk it, the anti-depressants I had did horrible things. Well not to mention I dont know that I can afford a regular prescription like that....not only have I found Cananbis quite helpful thus far but it would be cheaper then trying to afford a normal prescription because the dispensaries have really high grade stuff that lasts quite a while.

Wellbutrin (bupropion) is very different from other SSRI antidepressants (eg Prozac/Zoloft/Lexapro) because it's an NDRI - a noradrenaline dopamine reuptake inhibitor. It is one of the few commonly prescribed antidepressants in America that specifically increase dopamine levels, which is involved in happiness and executive functioning. I dunno how much a prescription for this drug would cost, and I dunno if you have Medicaid. If you don't have Medicaid, I imagine it'd be something like $70+/month.

The SSRI antidepressants are "Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors" which recent studies have suggested are pretty useless and come with lots of negative side effects, and are no better than a placebo unless you have very severe (suicidal) depression.

Which Cannabis strains does your dispensary have? Do you know the THC and CBD content of the strains?

I hear Acapulco Gold is pretty good for a head-high. Maybe you need a Indica strain to relax yourself more.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 7:48 pm

Amajanshi wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I don't know about that if its anything like a normal anti-depressant I would rather not risk it, the anti-depressants I had did horrible things. Well not to mention I dont know that I can afford a regular prescription like that....not only have I found Cananbis quite helpful thus far but it would be cheaper then trying to afford a normal prescription because the dispensaries have really high grade stuff that lasts quite a while.

Wellbutrin (bupropion) is very different from other SSRI antidepressants (eg Prozac/Zoloft/Lexapro) because it's an NDRI - a noradrenaline dopamine reuptake inhibitor. It is one of the few commonly prescribed antidepressants in America that specifically increase dopamine levels, which is involved in happiness and executive functioning. I dunno how much a prescription for this drug would cost, and I dunno if you have Medicaid. If you don't have Medicaid, I imagine it'd be something like $70+/month.

The SSRI antidepressants are "Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors" which recent studies have suggested are pretty useless and come with lots of negative side effects, and are no better than a placebo unless you have very severe (suicidal) depression.

Which Cannabis strains does your dispensary have? Do you know the THC and CBD content of the strains?

I hear Acapulco Gold is pretty good for a head-high. Maybe you need a Indica strain to relax yourself more.

Well I don't have the medical card so I cannot go to dispensaries yet......but I find that combined indica and stativa strains seem to work the best for me rather then one or the other. but yeah I certainly do not have 70 dollars a month for a prescription especially considering due to my lack of financial stability I could end up unable to afford the prescrition and it seems with most prescriptions its rather dangerous to just quit all of the sudden.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 8:04 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I don't have the medical card so I cannot go to dispensaries yet......but I find that combined indica and stativa strains seem to work the best for me rather then one or the other. but yeah I certainly do not have 70 dollars a month for a prescription especially considering due to my lack of financial stability I could end up unable to afford the prescrition and it seems with most prescriptions its rather dangerous to just quit all of the sudden.

Apparently in California, the dispensaries can sell medium-grade Medical Cannabis at around $150/ounce.

I dunno how much you use each time you consume, so if you were to make sure that your Cannabis use is less than $70/month, then you'll have to ration yourself to a teeny bit less than 0.5 grams/day. I guess you could do 2 small joints, one in the morning and one in the evening with that amount.

Anyway I hope you manage to get the Marijuana Medical Card.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 8:09 pm

Amajanshi wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Apparently in California, the dispensaries can sell medium-grade Medical Cannabis at around $150/ounce.

I dunno how much you use each time you consume, so if you were to make sure that your Cannabis use is less than $70/month, then you'll have to ration yourself to a teeny bit less than 0.5 grams/day. I guess you could do 2 small joints, one in the morning and one in the evening with that amount.

Anyway I hope you manage to get the Marijuana Medical Card.

Well I usually smoke around a bowl a day.......sometimes more on the weekends. It does not take that much especially of the high quality strains to have its benifits.

WorldsEdge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2011, 8:29 pm

Anything remotely touching upon "higher" education has become insanely expensive, at least in the USA. The rate of increase vs. average wages is what really blows me away, personally.

A couple of the doom and gloom economics blogs I sometimes look at are actually claiming that some sort of "education bubble" exists, just like we had, or arguably still have, in housing. However I'm not sure how it would pop, what it would look like, and so on. Certainly paying for college is a different beast from a commodity like housing

Which is all a roundabout way of saying what the OP has posted about where things stand at present doesn't surprise me one bit. I don't see how these trendlines can continue, but that's a whole different topic.

"The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken." ? Bertrand Russell