Page 15 of 17 [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

JaySea
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2020, 4:39 pm

Portrait of a lady on fire

kevinquin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Oct 2020, 2:07 pm

But I'm a Cheerleader ! The best one yet! :D :heart:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 7:28 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Does Bohemian Rhapsody count? It's the only movie I've ever watched with a gay lead character. I really like it a lot!

But I don't see it as just an LGBT movie. It's just an amazing life story of such a truly great rockstar who happened to be gay.

Actually Freddie Mercury was bisexual, but I do recall a scene in Bohemian Rhapsody where he was
being intimate with another man.

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2020, 8:44 am

Black Swan
But I'm a Cheerleader
Happiest Season
Love, Simon
Love, Victor
Muholland Drive
Ratched

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2020, 4:31 pm

Loving Annabelle
A New York Christmas Wedding
Anatomy of a Love Scene
Rebecca

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 4:51 pm

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

hariboci
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2020, 1:23 pm

It's not a movie, but an ongoing Chinese animation: Heaven Official's Blessing.
The original novel was beautiful.

From the same author they made a TV-show of another novel last year though, but they didn't dare to depict homosexuality, rather a deeeep friendship (there were some ambiguous moments, so you can still think that the boys are gay as in the novel, too). It was called The Untamed (or the novel: Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation).

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 10:36 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Can You Ever Forgive Me?

I watched this again last night.

It's a great movie that hardly focuses on the lead character being a lesbian.

CinderashAutomaton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jun 2021, 11:53 pm

I always had trouble finding lgbt+ focused movies that resounded with me. Most that I stumbled on were about denial, society vs the forbidden relationship, or had characters that were too into drugs and reckless behavior for me to relate to. Written and graphical novels always had a lot more easily accessible stuff more relevant to me.

But there was one I really liked.

Big Eden.

I'll be making my way through all of y'alls recommendations, though. See if I can't add a few more to my lonely list.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 12:03 am

Gentleman Jack (BBC / HBO co-production, 2019)

Gentleman Jack is a historical drama television series created by Sally Wainwright. Set in the year 1832 in Yorkshire, it stars Suranne Jones as landowner and industrialist Anne Lister. The series is based on the collected diaries of Lister, which contain over four million words and are written largely in secret code, documenting a lifetime of lesbian relationships.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 4:36 pm

Indy wrote:
I thought it would be good to see what everyone's favourite LGBT films are. I always like ideas of films to watch :)

My top favourites are:
- Beautiful Thing (first watched it when I was 16 - became obsessed with everything about it for years)
- Boys Don't Cry (really sad but stunning)
- But I'm a Cheerleader

The Crying Game

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 4:49 pm

Does Hedwig and the Angry Inch count? How about Party Monster?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2021, 5:33 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Gentleman Jack (BBC / HBO co-production, 2019)

Gentleman Jack is a historical drama television series created by Sally Wainwright. Set in the year 1832 in Yorkshire, it stars Suranne Jones as landowner and industrialist Anne Lister. The series is based on the collected diaries of Lister, which contain over four million words and are written largely in secret code, documenting a lifetime of lesbian relationships.

Ooooo I loved Gentleman Jack!

I obsessively watched But I’m a Cheerleader as a young teen but wouldn’t consider it my favorite as an adult. I definitely love Disobedience though with Rachel Weiss :heart:

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2021, 12:14 am

I just watched Philadelphia. Bought a copy last year but didn't get round to watching it till yesterday. That was quite a sad film. For those who haven't seen it, its about a gay guy who has AIDS and gets fired from his job as a top lawyer as a result.

I recorded Get Real off the TV many years ago. Last year, I rummaged through umpteen unlabelled tapes to try and find it. I eventually did find it, but I seem to have put it away somewhere and now I can't find it.

I just bought a copy of Queer as Folk (TV Series) off ebay. Never seen that one before either.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 2:43 pm

hariboci wrote:
It's not a movie, but an ongoing Chinese animation: Heaven Official's Blessing.
The original novel was beautiful.

From the same author they made a TV-show of another novel last year though, but they didn't dare to depict homosexuality, rather a deeeep friendship (there were some ambiguous moments, so you can still think that the boys are gay as in the novel, too). It was called The Untamed (or the novel: Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation).

I am also another fan of those! I love all the adaptations.

As for movies, Velvet Goldmine!

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 5:12 pm

Adolescence of Utena. It's an anime film, but it has a canon wlw couple! And they kiss at the end! The series, Revolutionary Girl Utena, is also highly worth watching.
I also like She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (TV series) which has multiple queer relationships and also nonbinary characters!