Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2005, 7:47 am

Johnny Carson passed away on Sunday at the age of 79. How did you all react to his death?

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2005, 11:32 am

Indifference, I am too young to really appreciate his work. I guess I could go retroactively watch his old shows, but that type of show is best watched near to the time it was recorded. And they don't really reshow it on tv at all, I would think TV Land would pick it up... if its possible to play reruns of it. Maybe if it was on TV I could apperciate it more, and his death would mean more to me.

But I rarely get worked up about celebrities dieing.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2005, 11:56 am

I doubt old reruns of "The Tonight Show" will ever air on TV again. Being that it was a daily show, it would be quite hard to have those shows air in order. However, Ed McMahon is still on TV again. He is announcing Alf's new talk show on cable. It is retro, as Ed yells, "Here's Alf!," at the beginning of the show. There are also some guests on it that some of us haven't seen in years. I think talk shows of that format are taking a turn for the better, but Johnny Carson was a pioneer of late night TV. That is why I decided to take this opportunity to remind you that Johnny Carson has passed away, and that he was a legend in a class all by himself.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2005, 5:16 pm

I've heard about Johnny Carson but I've never really watched his show...

I have watched David Letterman quite often so I guess I interpret Johnny Carson differently...

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2005, 7:11 pm

I only ever even heard about him from his appearance on "The Simpsons" years back unfortunately......

Therblig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jan 2005, 10:21 pm

That was so devastating!

I'll admit I wasn't as heart broken with his death as I was over the Buddy Ebsen, John Ritter, Gregory Hines loss of 2004 but it was still really sad.

Johnny Carson jumpstarted the careers of so many amazing actors, it was just so....uh! I love television legends!