Green to green, red to red - Perfect Safety, go ahead

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 3:09 pm

If you do not know that little rhyme and do not know Colin Glencannon, see here: http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/pneumonics.htm
--------
I am indebted to Vexcalibur for inspiring this one, he who said:

"Religion's silly, outright dumb expectations of being able to stop people from having sex causes people to be less prepared for it when it happens."

---------------

SO very true,

Ahem.

Religion's silly, outright dumb expectations of being able to stop people from murder, rape, robbery, child abuse and war causes people to be less prepared for them when they happen.

[Note to self - find out from Vexcalibur where he has seen any religion claiming to be able to stop any of that stuff. Christianity - maintaining in some versions the depravity of man and believing what Jesus said about mankind, of course has never thought any such thing].

1. SAFE MURDER: Murder is perfectly acceptable between consenting adults, but ethically twitchy if one partner to the murder is unwilling. The KEY is, be prepared.
a. be armed at all times
b. keep current with unarmed combat techniques
c. do not use a human taster - there are many affordable substance detectors on the market
d. make sure your will and insurance are current
e. make sure no one knows who will inherit or collect on your insurance
f. invest in a good suit of kevlar
g. are your immunizations up to date?
h. the best defense is attack - get anyone you suspect before he gets you.

2. SAFE RAPE: Unlike murder, rape is better if one partner is unwilling.
a. be armed at all times
b. keep current with unarmed combat techniques
c. invest in a light face mask in case your partner uses Mace
d. carry condoms and the morning after pill - your partner may not be prepared
e. remember the woman's right to choose how she will be raped. If you are a woman, consider asking courteously even though it is not required by etiquette.
f. know and respect the law - some jurisdictions prohibit combining rape and murder, or will require you to pay for a permit
g. ask your partner about STDs.

The rest of the brochures are available from your local high school's counselling service.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 3:17 pm

Philologos wrote:
If you do not know that little rhyme and do not know Colin Glencannon, see here: http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/pneumonics.htm
--------
I am indebted to Vexcalibur for inspiring this one, he who said:

"Religion's silly, outright dumb expectations of being able to stop people from having sex causes people to be less prepared for it when it happens."

We maybe, might -- not sure here -- ought to be sure we understand his actual context ... and yes, I have already elsewhere picked away at his thinking. However ...

A curious Aspie who might be afraid of the eventual intimacy of marriage could easily be imagined to think the celibate priest presents and offers nothing but complication while s/he (the Aspie) just wants to "feel his or her way around a bit" beforehand.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 3:55 pm

I have to say that in my young punkhood, being a 1960s American unwittingly somewhat Aspi-ish atheist linguist and all around swell guy, I believed it was my duty and destiny to find an unsuspecting famale, somehow marry her, and procreate.

I was kind of fine with that except that living not as a solitary was going to cramp my style a bit, but it was problematic for me that I could not think of any way to procreate without sexual contact, which struck me as improbable, awkward, and more work than fun. I looked a bit into adoption.

Ah, youth.

Thank the God of the Christians I do not have to believe in reincarnation and having to run the gauntlet of the teens and twenties again.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 3:57 pm

Actually, nobody EVER attempted to restrain my sexual activity [not that there was any to rstrain, but it is the principle of the thing].

Neither did anybody ever communicate anything about the process.

By contrast, I was at least once urged to refrain from narcotics, and told why.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 4:04 pm

The first "love of my life" happened along at age 9, and I quickly (intellectually) latched on to her because she was even more different than I was an I "knew" nobody would ever take her away from me. However, I only ever spoke to her about a half-dozen times over as many years.

The next one along was 13 when I was 16, and that was a good pick because she was in a different school altogether ... and even while I was in High School I still did not know why I occasionally woke up with sticky sheets.

In my own case, however, getting married was the "green light" I needed to just go do whatever and not have to worry about whether I was even any good at it or might ever "get caught with my pants down".

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 4:07 pm

Philologos wrote:
Actually, nobody EVER attempted to restrain my sexual activity [not that there was any to rstrain, but it is the principle of the thing].

Neither did anybody ever communicate anything about the process.

My father "restrained me" by back-handing me for ever even thinking about "touching myself", and then he even specifically lied to me by saying penetration never takes place after I had finally "figured it out on my own" (with a little help from my friends and a few magazines, of course) and had then dared to ask him whether I actually had it right.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 6:07 pm

Again I say, Them was the days.

I was given an informative and absolutely useless book at an early age - I know for sure after I could read but before 4th grade - without any verbal supplementation.

I was given the run of the family library, fiction and non fiction, which provide a very few more data.

In my teens [I was and am into stealthy investigation] I discovered and leaved through the thick green manual high in my paren'ts bedroom closet - not much help - and discovered - slightly more effectively, though not overly explicit in those days - certain magazines and pictures my dad had secreted.

To this day I am not sure: did he keep them for his own use and think they were hidden, or did he know I was a prowler and put them there in part for my instruction? If he though he was hiding them, he was pretty dumb - having those photographs in a drawer where me mum was regularly storing clean socks - I mean to say!

My first attractive person of opposite sex was Carol on the far side of the 5th grade class. She it was who by 7th grade was ringleader of the ones who regularly Green Monkeyed me - which did not do my progress toward love life any good.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 6:57 pm

My dad never missed a "Miss America" pageant ... :roll: