Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 11:17 am

Autism, Ocular Histoplasmosis Syndrome.

Georgia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jun 2011, 8:30 pm

Unspecified anemia (which causes mood swings,fatigue, and cognitive function problems) and major depressive disorder.

Just got a peek at my official medical record yesterday and they've also added dysthymia, and complex PTSD
Not sure knowing this makes me feel any better :?

cyanosity
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jun 2011, 3:03 pm

I have Asperger's, depression, bipolar tendencies, OCD, anxiety, and ADD. It's a fun package.

livingsunset
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jun 2011, 1:29 am

I was diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos syndrome.

Interesting

Joshp406
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2011, 10:59 pm

Aspergers, tourettes, ADHD, OCD. yup, it's tons of fun *sarcasm*

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 3:31 am

Asperger's, depression, anxiety, ADHD, and now Bipolar 2 (although does being Bipolar 2 make the depression diagnosis now null and void? Does anyone know the answer to this?).

LaFemmeEnfant
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2011, 5:02 pm

Diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, OCD and Depression and Mixed Anxiety Disorders plus Heterochromia Iridium;)

iwannabeadragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2011, 9:33 am

I have dyspraxia, Asperger's and Bipolar 2 and "Obsessive-Compulsive symptoms." My therapist was trying to tell me I had schizophrenia but I likely don't.

LususNaturae

01 Jul 2011, 12:29 am

Undiagnosed (with no plans to seek diagnosis) - I'm definitely not 'extreme' on anything, as I seem to have successfully hidden most of my issues from everyone but my immediate family and wife: Aspergers, Tourettes, ADD, and possibly APD, heh. I had two bouts of SAD when I was a teenager, but that could have been partially caused by my nocturnal habits.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 1:20 am

iheartmegahitt wrote:
Aside from having High Functioning Autism, I also have ADHD and a learning disability, as well as having Extremely severe anxiety and depression issues. I also have problems dealing with stress, even the slightest bit. I have been told of having Separation anxiety disorder and also having mild mental retardation as well.

But it sucks more that I look NT and I'm actually facing so many challenges with this. Its a daily struggle for me and my parents because everyone always throws the whole, "but you don't look disabled" line at you. I am lucky to just have my psychiatrist who manages my ADHD and Anxiety meds but even that doesn't help me all the time.

I want to update this since I can't delete it... x.x

I actually have Asperger Syndrome, Severe Anxiety, ADHD and possible Auditory Processing Disorder; as well as a few developmental delays.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

LaughingPianist
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jul 2011, 11:14 am

Aside from Aspergers, I am currently hospitalized for depression and anxiety after several months of self-mutilation and suicidal ideation, and was diagnosed just yesterday with borderline personality disorder. Which I find deeply distressing because all my life my mother has been telling me horrible stories about her borderline peers in a mood disorder chat group she participates in. And now I see that many of these horrible stories apply to me, and this further augments the intensity of my chronic self-loathing (which, in itself, is a symptom of BPD). I've done a bit of research but haven't read anything particularly encouraging yet. If anybody knows anything good about borderline personality disorder, please let me know. Thanks.

Xeskyle
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2011, 2:18 am

I've been diagnosed with depression and social anxiety, but show obvious signs of Asperger's and OCD. I don't think I have Tourettes, but get random muscle spasms.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 6:10 am

LaughingPianist wrote:
Aside from Aspergers, I am currently hospitalized for depression and anxiety after several months of self-mutilation and suicidal ideation, and was diagnosed just yesterday with borderline personality disorder. Which I find deeply distressing because all my life my mother has been telling me horrible stories about her borderline peers in a mood disorder chat group she participates in. And now I see that many of these horrible stories apply to me, and this further augments the intensity of my chronic self-loathing (which, in itself, is a symptom of BPD). I've done a bit of research but haven't read anything particularly encouraging yet. If anybody knows anything good about borderline personality disorder, please let me know. Thanks.

I have both AS and Bpd also, although I am not 100% in agreement with my own bpd diagnosis as it was made during a very rough time in my life, when I was 21 and was primarilly based on self harm and being suicidal and anorexic. I do not think those things alone make a bpd diagnosis. However, my suggestion is that you do not dwell on the label and the negative stories about it...it will drive you insane and not help at all. I personally think most humans have some borderline traits there anyway, it is often a label just thrown onto anyone who is particularly difficult. I do not have enough issues that I would even be classed as such anymore. I have difficulty dealing with conflict and confusion, and my emotional responses can be very extreme and intense, and I suffer a bit of trust issues, but aside from that, it has faded away.

The best thing you can do is ignore the books and message boards, and simply work on yourself in your own time by focussing on where your problems lay, what their source is, and working on different ways of thinking and reacting.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 1:44 pm

Besides the high functioning autism, I have severe generalized anxiety disorder, schizoaffective disorder bipolar type but I never had dangerous mania because I don't overspend all my money just some but I do have grandiose delusions while manic so I don't know (I think that my art is going to make hundreds of millions of dollars a year and I am going to change the world). I also have fibromyalgia and high blood pressure. The high blood pressure is most likely due to the severe anxiety and schizoaffective disorder (me being scared to death almost literally the paranoia). I am also always tired. The pills make me this way. I am almost always depressed. My mania is so rare and is mild because it doesn't get me into trouble and that is why I think its more bipolar 2. The only reason why it would be bipolar 1 is because of the grandiose delusions. I enjoy the manias while they last because that is the only time in my life that I am overly positive. I am usually the most negative person in the world. I am talking since birth. So, when I am suddenly overly positive and unrealistically positive, then everyone knows that I am in a manic episode. I take on huge projects (like drawing my big designs in 2 days in when it usually takes a month or so to complete). Once I was so manic that I thought I was going to put together a book of all the parrots in the world and draw all of them and sell this book worldwide. My mom owns birds. She already has books but this would be mine and I know hardly anything about birds and this book pretty much exists already but is outdated. I don't think that people want a book of drawings of parrots but rather photos. Then I thought my art was going to be in most stores in the country. Come on! That is a delusion! Me drawing or not is a good indicator of my mood. If I am drawing that means I am happy (usually). If I stop for months at a time (because of the lack of interest/ pleasure) is due to depression. I have always had that since I started drawing. I also have a lot of energy while manic and talk real fast. Boy do I miss being manic! Believe it or not sometimes my mania lasts a few months. Due to the pills I am on I still don't stay up for days at a time unless I get insomnia which I do get. Then it doesn't matter how many pills I am on and I am on sleeping pills.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 11:01 pm

Officially diagnosed: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Phobia
Unofficially diagnosed/strongly suspected: AS, OCD, Schizotypal Personality Disorder, Auditory Processing Disorder/Hearing Loss

I don't agree with my official diagnoses.
I believe those traits to be merely the effects of my unofficial/suspected diagnoses.

joeyfarlz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2011, 1:55 pm

I have Asperger's Syndrome, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, OCD, Anxiety and a few years back as a result of the AS, OCD and Anxiety, I had Eating Disorders too.