ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2011, 5:53 pm

I have Aspergers diagnosed.

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2022, 8:14 pm

ADHD (identified at age 3), OCD, suspect ASD and paranoia.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 8:19 pm

Add 'Necrobumping disorder' to that list.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2022, 9:29 pm

I have Autism and Schizophrenia

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 9:54 pm

AS, but as a child was dx'ed as schizoid + ADHD inattentive subtype. also i long have known i have something that psychiatrists can't really dx you with, but nonetheless i have all the hallmarks of Stendhal's Syndrome which manifests as the inability to handle intense emotions.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 9:57 pm

Too many.

Autism, OCD, Schizophrenia (retroactive), MDD (recent), Panic Disorder, GAD and PTSD.

There's so much disorder and abuse/trauma on top of my personality and self that I have trouble finding who and what I really am under all that weight. I'm pretty good physically though, outside of the TN (recent), recent hand stuff and hearing issues. :)

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2022, 9:01 pm

Basically, my diagnoses, besides pervasive developmental disorder/ autism, consists of dyscalculia, and Tourette's syndrome, hence my username.

LittleSnowyOne
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Feb 2022, 1:11 am

I have been diagnosed with autism, ADHD, and bipolar disorder (type 2). In addition, I suspect that I might have generalized anxiety disorder and complex PTSD.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Feb 2022, 8:47 am

I've been diagnosed with Dyslexia & ADD since kindergarten & I went to a school for dyslexia for a couple years. I've experienced Psychotic Depression when I was in my early 20s over my 1st relationship ending & my GP thought I was bipolar. I spent the next 5 years seeing a psychiatrist & some other mental health related workers. I was officially diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, Codependency, & Depression, along with Aspergers but some so-called experts believed that I had Schizoid Personality Disorder instead of Aspergers or that I had Schizoid Personality Disorder along with Aspergers Personality instead of anything on the autism spectrum :roll:

The mental disorders I believe that I currently have besides Aspergers are~
Dyslexia
ADD
OCD
Generalized Anxiety
Panic Disorder
Minor Depression
Learned Helplessness
Possibly have the delusional disorder Erotomania

Being on a good psych med combo helps some things a lot.

I have some various physical disabilities but they are completely unrelated to autism except being disabled in physical ways can make my autism & related mental problems worse. I was born with a very rare low vision disorder that was not diagnosed till my senior year of high-school. I'm extremely nearsighted even with glasses & I have a bit of colorblindness. I also have a tremor disorder that causes my hands & arms to shake when doing things with fine motor-skills. The tremor disorder can be a lot worse if I'm anxious, stressed, frustrated, or tired & when it's really bad it can affect my voice & make it harder for me to talk. The other physical disabilties I have are skin eczema, & sinus & allergy problems.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 3:06 pm

user1001 wrote:
What ones do you have besides the ASD or any of that. I was told that I have that and one called Degorgies syndrome I don't know much about it but I know it is a deletion of a section of chromosone 22 and I have it and it causes me to have some heart problems and I had open heart surgery when I was younger I had ASD and VSD heart problems and I would like to know does anyone else have several problems like me or know anyone like me? I am also wondering if It shortens life expectancy down because I think that if I have some genetic problem it would cause me to have lower life expectancy and another thing is that I also think that it causes low IQ because many times people have said to me that I was ret*d or called me names or said I was slow and I was wondering if this is also apart of the syndrome. I also got ASD with it as well and was wondering if AS is also apart of it. But I would like to know what other syndromes do you have besides ASD or AS?

Sounds like 22q11.2 deletion - it's also been called DiGeorge syndrome or velocardiofacial syndrome. It means you're missing part of one copy of chromosome 22, specifically on the longer arm right near the pinched-in bit of the chromosome.

It might affect life expectancy a little, but not drastically. Usually, chromosome disorders either kill you in infancy or don't have much effect on life expectancy, so given that you survived infancy, you should be fine. Especially since you had your heart defects fixed.

I think by ASD you mean atrial septal defect, and VSD is a ventricular septal defect. What that means is that in the four chambers of your heart, you had a hole between the two top chambers (the atrium) and also a hole between the two bottom chambers (the ventricles). This causes some of the blood that's already gotten plenty of oxygen to be sent back for a second round of visiting the lungs, meaning your heart had to work harder to get the same amount of oxygen to the rest of your body. If it hadn't been treated, you'd have trouble with anything that makes your heart work harder, like exercise, and over your lifespan your heart would eventually get worn down and fail. But you had surgery that closed those holes, so now your heart works properly and you should be mostly fine.

22q11.2 deletion can cause lower IQ, but doesn't always. And like others have said, I wouldn't take the word of people calling you derogatory names - lots of people who have average or high IQ get called ret*d and slow, too. If you are slower to learn than most people, it's not a bad thing, either, just how you are. It's not fair for people to make fun of you for it.

22q11.2 deletion is also associated with autism - it's estimated about 1 in 5 people with a 22q11.2 deletion will be autistic, which is way more common than people who don't have the deletion. So it's probably also why you're autistic, too.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 3:28 pm

Ones I've been diagnosed with: Schizophrenia (wrong), learning disability, osteoarthritis, Asperger's Syndrome.

Ones I haven't been diagnosed with, but think I may have: Generalized anxiety disorder, depression, dyscalculia, panic disorder, irritable bowel syndrome, irritable bowel disease, bowel cancer, skin cancer, liver disease, early-stage dementia, hypochondria (duh)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Mar 2022, 5:02 pm

user1001 wrote:
What ones do you have besides the ASD or any of that. I was told that I have that and one called Degorgies syndrome I don't know much about it but I know it is a deletion of a section of chromosone 22 and I have it and it causes me to have some heart problems and I had open heart surgery when I was younger I had ASD and VSD heart problems and I would like to know does anyone else have several problems like me or know anyone like me? I am also wondering if It shortens life expectancy down because I think that if I have some genetic problem it would cause me to have lower life expectancy and another thing is that I also think that it causes low IQ because many times people have said to me that I was ret*d or called me names or said I was slow and I was wondering if this is also apart of the syndrome. I also got ASD with it as well and was wondering if AS is also apart of it. But I would like to know what other syndromes do you have besides ASD or AS?
The main feature of Aspergers affects social skills including street smarts. However we also tend to have other problems like having meltdowns & shutdowns when we are stressed or overwhelmed. Some of us have childish interests or special interests that are odd. We can be immature in various ways. Learning disabilities like dyslexia or problems with attention like ADD/ADHD are also fairly common with Aspergers. We can have sensory issues that can make us seem very demanding or extremely picky with things. Some Aspies have problems with motor-skills like Dyspraxia which can cause us to struggle with certain things like learning to tie shoes & other various types of tasks. We also can be slow learners sometimes, even some Aspies who have very high IQs can be slow at learning some things. Unfortunately it seems to be fairly common for us Aspies to be called names like ret*d or we are thought to be ret*d by our peers & we get other names & negative assumptions thrown at us as well due to us having these various problems, issues, & quirks :(

As for myself, I've struggled with lots of things as a kid & an adult due to the problems I've mentioned in my 1st post in this thread. I also know my brain processes things very slowly compared to most other people. It's like my brain is an old moped bike & most other people's brains are new sports/mussel cars. By the time I get to our destination, everyone else is long gone & I just get further & further behind. There are times I suddenly realize things that I said wrong in conversations or should have said in them or other various mistakes I've made or things I should have done years later after those situations are over. I've defeiently been thought to be ret*d or "special" & called that & worse by bullies when I was a kid. Sometimes as a kid & as an adult, other adults dismiss what I say because they assume I can not possibly comprehend what they are talking about due to my various issues but sometimes I really do know what I'm talking about & my input would be useful if others had the patience to hear me out the whole way.

I don't have a clue what Degorgies Syndrome is but I do think us Aspies tend to have a shorter life expectancy cuz of the way our Aspie quirks & issues affects us. We are known for being very picky eaters & having other unhealthy eating habits. We are stereotyped to be introverts who spend most all their time on their computers & staying inside & being sedentary for extended periods of time can cause various health problems. We tend to have stress & mental health problems due to living in a world not designed for us & the negative ways others treat us which can cause shorter life expectancy directly. We can have various coping mechanisms that are unhealthy. We also tend to take psych meds to help deal with our various mental things & psych meds can have various side-effects. Some of us have major problems finding employment or we can not handle having a regular job & while we may be able to receive some supports & services due to being disabled, they do not usually help enough & we can still be very poor as a result & living in poverty can cause some people to die sooner. We can have problems handling independent living & taking care of ourselves even if the cost was not an issue which can potentially cause health problems. We may have problems being able to receive quality medical care due to cost or medical professionals dismissing & gaslighting us cuz of the various mental problems we have.

It is very important to keep in mind that Aspergers can affect different people very differently. We can have different comorbids & very different childhoods & experiences due to environmental circumstances. Thus there can be LOTS of variation with all the things I've mentioned.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jun 2023, 8:56 pm

My other official diagnosis (so far) is general anxiety disorder. I highly suspect that there are other things wrong with me that I haven't been officially diagnosed with yet, but I'm planning on getting evaluated for those issues when I'm an adult.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2023, 10:41 pm

I have ASD/Asperger's, I had depression but I believe it was circumstantial, anxiety (same, better since diagnosis). And I don't have Tourette's but I do vocal stim and know many people who vocal stim. What if ASD's who vocal stim, but can control it have all been labeled Tourette's? No curse words, no words period, just fun noises that I like to make.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 12:18 am

Diagnosed:

ASD Level 2
ADHD - Combined, but ADD is a bit higher than HD
PTSD and CPTSD
GAD with Panic Disorder
MDD
Sensory Integration Disorder -- really severe misophonia / light sensitivity
Agoraphobia
Aphantasia
Alexithymia
Hyplerlexia
Sleep Disorders
Gilbert's Syndrome
Two strokes - cerebellar
Heart condition and bionic body

Not Tested but probable:

Tourette's
Scopophobia -- confirmed by docs but not "tested"

Doubtful (I don't think it was tested):
OCD

Tested and ruled out (some more than once):

Schizophrenia
Borderline
Bipolar
Histrionic
Narcissism

(These were required tests in Family Court)

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jun 2023, 1:06 pm

NVLD/DVSD