Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

user1001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 May 2011, 7:41 pm

What ones do you have besides the ASD or any of that. I was told that I have that and one called Degorgies syndrome I don't know much about it but I know it is a deletion of a section of chromosone 22 and I have it and it causes me to have some heart problems and I had open heart surgery when I was younger I had ASD and VSD heart problems and I would like to know does anyone else have several problems like me or know anyone like me? I am also wondering if It shortens life expectancy down because I think that if I have some genetic problem it would cause me to have lower life expectancy and another thing is that I also think that it causes low IQ because many times people have said to me that I was ret*d or called me names or said I was slow and I was wondering if this is also apart of the syndrome. I also got ASD with it as well and was wondering if AS is also apart of it. But I would like to know what other syndromes do you have besides ASD or AS?

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 11:11 am

Just because somebody calls you names like ret*d doesn't mean they're telling the truth. My son is called a moron, ret*d, etc, and he has a very high IQ. People with asperger's syndrome are often misunderstood by others, that's why we get called names, not because the names are true. According to what I've read DiGeorge syndrome doesn't cause people to be ret*d, although in general the IQ is on the low end of normal... which is to say, not ret*d. It can cause certain learning difficulties, but learning difficulties don't mean someone is ret*d, just that they have a different mental make up.

I also have dyscalculia, dyspraxia, schizoaffective disorder... and was diagnosed autistic when I was little, considered to have asperger's syndrome now. When I've had IQ tests my scores have been scattered between very high, and actually ret*d. (I got sixty in one of the mathematical tests. One hundred was normal, so now you know how bad my maths is!) IQ tests really don't matter that much. The fact is that you can read, write, communicate with people, express your thoughts and feelings. So don't worry if people call you names. They're idiots.

My son is also on the asperger's spectrum. His IQ levels out at the genius range, but his dyspraxia, dyscalculia and social anxiety are such that he often just freezes and can't communicate very well. This doesn't mean he's ret*d (though he's been called that) It just means that he struggles in certain situations.

You'll probably find a cluster of symptoms that we tend to share. Thank you for asking an interesting question.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 4:01 am

Aside from having High Functioning Autism, I also have ADHD and a learning disability, as well as having Extremely severe anxiety and depression issues. I also have problems dealing with stress, even the slightest bit. I have been told of having Separation anxiety disorder and also having mild mental retardation as well.

But it sucks more that I look NT and I'm actually facing so many challenges with this. Its a daily struggle for me and my parents because everyone always throws the whole, "but you don't look disabled" line at you. I am lucky to just have my psychiatrist who manages my ADHD and Anxiety meds but even that doesn't help me all the time.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

Last edited by iheartmegahitt on 26 May 2011, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nikki82
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2011, 9:33 am

I have, Psychoid personality disorder, Adhd, OCD, Social anxiety disorder, and a learning disability and depression so i haven't been offically diagnosed but this is what they said i have.

Seph
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2011, 1:18 pm

Bipolar is my other Dx.

I've been diagnosed with other things in the past though. The list is Schizoid, Schizophrenia, Depression, and Narcissism. I think that's it.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 3:11 pm

I have severe Tourette syndrome. I used to have OCD but I managed to battle through it (it took 12 years!). There are suspicions I have ADHD as well.

Iame
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 May 2011, 1:58 pm

Hi. I have ADHD and a SPD. Totally unrelated to these I am a Transman, I have Menieres Disease, Fibromyalgia, ME and lots of other niggles such as I'm completely deaf in one ear, I have feet and leg problems with deformed bones, fallen arches, arthritis with ligament and tendon problems in both feet and legs. I have also been suffering with something called Hypophosphatemia for a while up until recently but that's ok now!

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 8:40 am

Asperger's, Anxiety, OCD, and a Circadian sleep rhythm disorder. I also think I may have chronic fatigue syndrome but we'll see.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 2:46 pm

I had OCD but got over it. I had depression as well and got over it. I just have anxiety and LD, and ADD. I also have a language processing disorder.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 6:32 pm

Depression is the most debilitating thing I have. I have dyspraxia, as well.

Ry86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jun 2011, 7:42 pm

I have Bipolar 2, Borderline Personality Disorder and Anxiety Disorder as well. Makes life difficult,everyday can be a struggle sometimes but I just have to suck it up and get through each day.

Vivienne
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jun 2011, 11:41 pm

pinkbowtiepumps wrote:
Asperger's, Anxiety, OCD, and a Circadian sleep rhythm disorder. I also think I may have chronic fatigue syndrome but we'll see.

OMG. You just changed my life!
I had to look it up, I had no idea there was such a thing - I definitely have this. My mind is blown right now! Thank you thank you.

"Be plain, good son, and homely in thy drift;
Riddling confession finds but riddling shrift"
~Shakespeare

Babycakes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jun 2011, 8:56 am

hi x i have aspergers with co morbid anxiety and tourettes -- which drives me crazy ! :?

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 5:01 am

I have anxiety, depression, ADD, and OCD.

catlover02
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jun 2011, 1:58 pm

I have Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, anxiety, depression,, OCD, fatique, low vitamin D and anger problems.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2011, 9:05 pm

OCD, depression, social anxiety, generalised anxiety, emphysema.