Attractiveness Of Grumpy Men

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 1:42 am

In Daybreak today they said there was a survey that said grumpy men are more attractive. They said that it may be because grumpy men don't hold any false pretences and say what they feel. I have aspergers, what more do they want, I am less likely to blag then any NT grumpy or not. We know that NT men lie so much because their is a high demand for it.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 1:52 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:
In Daybreak today they said there was a survey that said grumpy men are more attractive. They said that it may be because grumpy men don't hold any false pretences and say what they feel. I have aspergers, what more do they want, I am less likely to blag then any NT grumpy or not. We know that NT men lie so much because their is a high demand for it.

You know I was just thinking today what pr!cks some guys are...not to women they like but just to people in general. For example, those bad tempered everything hating grumpy men who can't bother to be civil and are always on the defensive. And I did take note that most of these men are married, and I found myself wondering how such pr!cks can get wives.

I concluded it didn't really have anything to do with the men being grumpy bitter people, but the fact that these men are usually somewhat egotistical, which usually comes with a fair bit of confidence, and they will usually put all of their unused positive energy into wooing women, without much fear that they'll fail.

The pr!ck down the street who doesn't like the kids collecting pine cones on his lawn becomes a star struck, charming gentleman who would do almost anything to impress a girl he likes.

They aren't "nice guys" because they don't run themselves into the ground doing unsolicited chores for her; rather they think they are hot stuff and try to sell women on their assets.

Micky Rooney comes to mind. Short, ill tempered, and fairly convinced he's big stuff anyway.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 6:21 am

Chronos wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:

You know I was just thinking today what pr!cks some guys are...not to women they like but just to people in general. For example, those bad tempered everything hating grumpy men who can't bother to be civil and are always on the defensive. And I did take note that most of these men are married, and I found myself wondering how such pr!cks can get wives.

I concluded it didn't really have anything to do with the men being grumpy bitter people, but the fact that these men are usually somewhat egotistical, which usually comes with a fair bit of confidence, and they will usually put all of their unused positive energy into wooing women, without much fear that they'll fail.

The pr!ck down the street who doesn't like the kids collecting pine cones on his lawn becomes a star struck, charming gentleman who would do almost anything to impress a girl he likes.

They aren't "nice guys" because they don't run themselves into the ground doing unsolicited chores for her; rather they think they are hot stuff and try to sell women on their assets.

Micky Rooney comes to mind. Short, ill tempered, and fairly convinced he's big stuff anyway.

I've seen married/engaged/in-relationship men of all kinds, including horrible kinds, sexists/bitters/machos/narcissists/cheaters/ hypocrites/liars/warlords/corrupts/over-cynicals.

Don't get me wrong, I am not telling the guys to be one of those,not at all, all what I am just telling that I am not really observing a correlation between those bad qualities and the inability of getting relationships.

OhNowIGetIt
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 May 2011, 8:38 am

I can understand and agree with the premise that a man or person for that matter, who is acting in line with how they really feel is attractive.

If you feel grumpy but act all nice there is the undercurrent I still feel, spoken or not. I'd rather have the truth and get it out to be dealt with or just vented. Same goes for other feelings too though. If someone acts only on grumpy impulses and feelings but not any other..... well, not so attractive. But if a person laughs freely, shows love and joy also, then a little grumpy is perfectly okay with me. It is real.

I hate it when it's not real.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 9:26 am

i am considered grumpy in a way. i am impatient and i am rarely impressed, but there is an element of humor that is seated deep within my "grumpiness". sometimes it erupts to the surface and i have trouble suppressing laughter. it is very difficult to describe.
it is like i suddenly see myself from a third person perspective, and i find it quite amusing.

this morning i was standing in a queue at a service station (gas station) trying to pay for my petrol and i immediately started to feel ill will toward those in the queue in front of me.

each time a person payed with a credit card, my impatience was ratcheted up a notch.
when they pay with a credit card, the operator has to type (press) 27 keys, and then they have to present the customer with a pen so they can sign their names on the receipt that takes ages to print out. it is infuriating to witness as the queue grows behind me.

i became highly derogatory in my opinion about the people in front of me, and at one point, the next customer walked up to the counter and whipped out his card and i blurted out "oh christ all f*cking mighty!!".

people looked at me but then looked away, and i saw that the clown in front of me had a credit card in his hand, and i had a mental tantrum that no one heard or saw, and i thought:

"how dare you stand in front of me and hold me up!! you do not even have the f*cking money to buy what you are going to get, and you stand in front of me (who can pay with my own cash in 2 seconds flat) to cause me 4 minutes of grief because you have to resort to sponging your damned goods from your bank?!?"

then i saw it from the 3rd person perspective, and i realized that no one in the world who may look at that queue in that service station would ever conceive that there is a person in that queue who is having such ill thoughts about the person in front of them.

this made me laugh internally, but i continued to think my derogatory thoughts, and then i had to struggle not to laugh.

whatever... tammy is telling me to "come to bed" so i better go.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 12:02 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I've seen married/engaged/in-relationship men of all kinds, including horrible kinds, sexists/bitters/machos/narcissists/cheaters/ hypocrites/liars/warlords/corrupts/over-cynicals.

Don't get me wrong, I am not telling the guys to be one of those,not at all, all what I am just telling that I am not really observing a correlation between those bad qualities and the inability of getting relationships.[/quote]

Most people would have you believe that these qualities make it much harder. They feed you with bulshit.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 1:30 am

Grumpy doesn't have to equal egotistical or any other negative trait.

I like grumpy people (not actually bad-tempered, just people with a 'grumpy-old-man' attitude to life- not afraid to give out about the state of kids these days etc etc. :P) - as long as they don't take themselves seriously that is. That said, it wouldn't be the be-all and end-all of traits.

It can get a little frustrating occasionally; sometimes you need to stand back and realise the world isn't that bad really, but give me someone who's happy going off on a little rant* any day over someone who can't hold their half of a conversation!

*internally or in private.. sorry, public outcries would probably be a deal breaker, unless it was over something serious.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 May 2011, 3:36 pm

I think grumpiness may be attractive to some but I don't think it's related to saying what they feel. The only time in my life when a girl was interested in me; was when I was really grumpy but nowadays I'm happy as a 13year-old kid with ADHD & no women are attracted or interested in me & I am just as honest & just as outspoken & not holding anything back attitude that I had tyhen. My theory is that some women are attracted to negativity & bitterness

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 6:06 pm

If it means someone like Hub from "Secondhand Lions" then yes that's attractive. I usually call people like that "bears" because they are not bad people they are just not necessarily friendly.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 10:14 pm

I would say I'm not attracted to grumps but i can be. They don't make a good impression though. ;)

Suomalainen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2011, 3:25 am

I saw example pictures used in the research on some site. The smile was that kind of smile that shows as much gum as it does teeth, would have been much better is there was at least two different types of smiles.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 4:24 pm

I'm not attracted to grumps. They make me uneasy because I like to make jokes and I rely on that laugh to have a social interaction with others. If Mr. Grumpypants MacGrumperson is grumping up the place with grumpy thoughts and feelings, I don't know what to say or do. I also have a trigger that can make me very upset, depending on the type of grumpiness, from my old mommy issues (never being "good enough") and then the ex-husband (abusive). That's definitely not good for me. I tend to stay away from people who make me cry by just stomping around a room with a negative atmosphere.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 5:28 pm

Uarrrm, I am such a sexy beast.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 6:16 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Uarrrm, I am such a sexy beast.

awww.... :D