Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 2:26 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe63H_pyh4[/youtube]

I have often wondered why do they not try something new and audacious. The government and their contractors are not akin to the effectiveness of a Martin Luther King Jr. for the disabled if there had been one. The politicians elect say all sorts of things with all kinds of fancy words along with promises and notions of equality. I have also wondered where is a leader for us, about us and with us that inspires people and makes them understand us. I could not find this and have always thought that the world is not impossible so as to not be able to create most anything good so as long as it is done properly and with good strategy. Some are very much pessimistic about advocacy and for many different reasons.

The real world beyond the fancy words of politicians, proclamations and the related laws is a world not necessarily of a consistent intolerance but of persistent need of survival. A world that in free countries like the United States of America and other democracies still exist a lack of significant progress for inclusion. Many are expected to live a limited life as if that is all that can be expected or that in perceived simplicity of spirit is desired and then sent allowances as if this is satisfactory along with the rules governing one’s life because of the original need. While in the past fifty years and more recently progress to include has been made and social attitudes improved inclusion comparable to the everyday person but for individuals with substantial and significant impairment is nowhere near fully realized.

This is not often because of hatred nor many times the intentional false stereotypes although as with many things improvements can be made. The real world beyond the fancy words and proclamations is one that is not yet aware of the desires for inclusion and how important it is. To wake them up from this sleep in the most effective way requires as much friendliness as possible and not like how some advocates have attempted to derive attention which is a consistent despondency between minds. They will wake up slowly and in a pleasant manner and seem to ignore harsh confrontation but yet are unable to ignore pleasant awakening.

Individuals with autism online have for some time attempted to get the public’s attention. Often it would seem ignored frustration has accumulated. They do not often relate or understand what it is like to have autism. Meanwhile individuals with autism and other kinds of developmental disabilities and whom are also substantially disabled sometimes have fallen accustomed to low expectations of themselves and due to a lack of inclusion progress it is believed at times dreams are not as often fathomed compared to those in the mainstream. They too may suffer from the sleepiness of how it is the world simply is as of now.

Progress may continue to be slow but progress still must be made. Myself and others with a developmental disability, family, friends and inclusion supporters should find improved ways to entice progress. As we move forward and adjust to be just as creative and audacious as others and as we progress we then become more equally included as the average person. Without progress we risk a world unaware of the realities of exclusion, the choices of individuals not being realized and an inequality resulting from a lack of fortitude.

-------------------------

My plan is area-wide inclusion campaigns and the first one of its kind is in the final stages of beginning so I can create an example for other areas. Whereas businesses sponsor transitional skills development so as to include individuals in introductory opportunity with the help of inclusion agencies. Door and window stickers go up at sponsor locations, radio networks are helping with awareness, the media has been approached and my Chamber of Commerce helps to create awareness with my past project and has agreed to help with this one. Bumper stickers on cars and pre-existing very successful opportunity products made by participants are creating awareness as well.

Transitional Skills Inclusion

Low Resolution Door / Window Campaign Sticker.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 7:34 am

The U.S. lost the Vietnam War.

ruveyn

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 10:31 am

ruveyn wrote:
The U.S. lost the Vietnam War.

ruveyn

:P

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:19 am

ci wrote:
... The real world beyond the fancy words and proclamations is one that is not yet aware of the desires for inclusion and how important it is. To wake them up from this sleep in the most effective way requires as much friendliness as possible and not like how some advocates have attempted to derive attention which is a consistent despondency between minds ...

... individuals with autism and other kinds of developmental disabilities and whom are also substantially disabled sometimes have fallen accustomed to low expectations of themselves ...

... Without progress we risk a world unaware of the realities of exclusion, the choices of individuals not being realized and an inequality resulting from a lack of fortitude.

I tend to think too many people have now become too dependent on the hand feeding them to even think of possibly trying to even be willing to draw back a bit (or to at least stop demanding) without still simultaneously biting it, and yet your good points do nevertheless stand well on their own merit.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:32 am

Do you feel the current state of the economy is hindering your efforts? With a high national unemployment rate, has that made inclusion an even tougher concept to sell? Or maybe, it makes it easier in someway?

It's a fantastic idea. More power to you!

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 12:14 pm

leejosepho wrote:
ci wrote:
... The real world beyond the fancy words and proclamations is one that is not yet aware of the desires for inclusion and how important it is. To wake them up from this sleep in the most effective way requires as much friendliness as possible and not like how some advocates have attempted to derive attention which is a consistent despondency between minds ...

... individuals with autism and other kinds of developmental disabilities and whom are also substantially disabled sometimes have fallen accustomed to low expectations of themselves ...

... Without progress we risk a world unaware of the realities of exclusion, the choices of individuals not being realized and an inequality resulting from a lack of fortitude.

I tend to think too many people have now become too dependent on the hand feeding them to even think of possibly trying to even be willing to draw back a bit (or to at least stop demanding) without still simultaneously biting it, and yet your good points do nevertheless stand well on their own merit.

It's never as straight forward as it seems to some. I see allot of enthusiastic people with a qualifying disability. However just like children when they grow up and want to be an astronaut for instance a person with a substantial disability may give up on those dreams as they age as well. Comparatively a person without a substantial disability is included with ease whereas inclusion for those this campaign is for may end up giving up on inclusion comparatively to the astronaut dream. This is a transitional skills development and inclusion awareness campaign to make inclusion in opportunity circumstances easier so as to work with whatever difficulties exist in comparison to individuals who find inclusion otherwise easy.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 12:20 pm

draelynn wrote:
Do you feel the current state of the economy is hindering your efforts? With a high national unemployment rate, has that made inclusion an even tougher concept to sell? Or maybe, it makes it easier in someway?

It's a fantastic idea. More power to you!

Well at least a recession differs from a great depression. If there were soup and bread lines it would differ. However the psychology of the effort tends to be mutually gainful in a recession or in extreme economic prosperity. Effective programs that are well put together and with the right PR it is very affordable to businesses to help. As for the products even during the lows of the recession it seemed to kick butt.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 12:50 pm

The social psychology of this time is most compatible with new approaches and overcoming obsticles. Which is why I think campaigns like the example one I created are most able to be successfull in this time. I will post my completed awareness projects on this site for you to hear the scripts I write with voice talents.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsV2O4fCgjk[/youtube]

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 3:01 pm

well the next great national advocate may very well could be you.you have the inteligence and education.you just need to tone down the rudeness.seriously you have the genius inside you but to reach the masses you will need to brush up on your p.r

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 3:25 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
well the next great national advocate may very well could be you.you have the inteligence and education.you just need to tone down the rudeness.seriously you have the genius inside you but to reach the masses you will need to brush up on your p.r.

If I might dare to venture to say so, I think we are now seeing that process at work.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 3:50 pm

leejosepho wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
well the next great national advocate may very well could be you.you have the inteligence and education.you just need to tone down the rudeness.seriously you have the genius inside you but to reach the masses you will need to brush up on your p.r.

If I might dare to venture to say so, I think we are now seeing that process at work.

I'm not sure if I get why you would call myself rude. In public relations the idea of "kind regards" and "positivity" is what has succeeded. However This is a harsh world that can be rude and believe me I see forms of it on a daily basis and do not publicly react. Instead of confronting it with equal measure there are different ways. Also I wouldn't suspect I am a genius although enjoy creative writing and was given an F when two grades behind as they suspected I did not write it.

My desire is to entirely separate this advocacy from other advocacy like abortion, despondency seeking and most kinds of them vs. us mentalities. To transform when applicable the them vs. us into us with them progress. I learned that at least some forms of online advocacy is very dangerous in public relations and did attack my efforts. The despondency between minds is furthered with certain mentalities and I believe distance from them is in the best interest of progress and human rights. The world is not fair by simply demanding for it to be so. However fairness comes the same way success comes for others and that is by means of diplomatic expression and intelligent progression.

I had predicted someone like the person above would reply in a harsh way. Progress can be threatening to others whom it is not for. It can be threatening because especially during a recession the survival instinct is more on guard. I'd like to see similar efforts conducted elsewhere but I am not desiring to be some kind of national leader. Everyone is a leader in their own choices and leadership is part of self-determination and determination is part of the process of empowerment.

Nathan Young

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 5:34 pm

ci wrote:
... to entirely separate this advocacy from other ... them vs. us mentalities. To transform when applicable the them vs. us into us with them progress.

The ideal there is certainly ideal! :wink:

ci wrote:
I learned that at least some forms of online advocacy is very dangerous in public relations and did attack my efforts.

Mostly from mere "keyboard commandos", I would guess.

ci wrote:
The world is not fair by simply demanding for it to be so. However fairness comes the same way success comes for others and that is by means of diplomatic expression and intelligent progression.

Another fine ideal to proffer.

ci wrote:
I had predicted someone like the person above would reply in a harsh way. Progress can be threatening ... because especially during a recession the survival instinct is more on guard.

I think there are many things causing people to be "on guard", and I think overcoming those will ultimately prove to be equally challenging on/from both sides of the ideal "us with them progress."

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 5:45 pm

"I think there are many things causing people to be "on guard", and I think overcoming those will ultimately prove to be just a big a challenge as also already exists on the other side of the ideal "us with them progress.""

The economy is kind of a circular game of handing over money to one another. Progress must be part of that because when it's not it's a threat of inviability or the change that happens is still yet not creating enough equality. Social causes such as the civil rights movement in the 60's had mechanisms of loyalty. Amongst family and immediate friends a business that offers a very-part time position has a tendency of garnishing the loyalty of those individuals in relation to an individual. Although not entirely as interpersonally and relationally as effective what can still be effective and perhaps even more effective if done correctly is the public acknowledgement of the desire for progress by means of really inspiring and witty awareness and coordinating social mechanisms. The sticker for sponsored inclusion for instance is a symbol and acknowledgement for transitions skills development by a business so socially loyalty is derived potentially beyond immediate relational relevancy to a specific individual.

Beyond the obvious after some more experimentation I can be more descriptive. Getting people an opportunity to learn and have the experience of being part of the mainstream is an important step. It changes things for individuals and from there self-transitions are furthered enable. However the campaign I have put together the rule is inclusion as a whole cannot be dependent upon recognitions but simply enable transitional skills development as needed for individuals. Otherwise society will become dependent upon "recognitions" adaptively and not true melting pot theory.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 5:51 pm

ci wrote:
... the campaign I have put together the rule is inclusion as a whole cannot be dependent upon recognitions but simply enable transitional skills development as needed for individuals. Otherwise society will become dependent upon "recognitions" adaptively and not true melting pot theory.

I hear you there, but I cannot see how hardly even anybody on either side of the table will be both willing and able to do that sans labels.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 5:56 pm

There are already current sponsors desiring the stickers and I was able to afford the stickers which range depending on quantity between $3 - $5 per sticker after shipping. As an individual become more able and transitionally prone the stickers are just not needed. However the business can sponsor other individuals and hire someone on directly.

Perhaps I am not understanding your reply entirely.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 7:04 pm

ci wrote:
Perhaps I am not understanding your reply entirely.

Maybe I have assumed too much here ...

Quote:
... the campaign I have put together the rule is inclusion as a whole cannot be dependent upon recognitions ...
Otherwise society will become dependent upon "recognitions" adaptively and not true melting pot theory.
(italic added)

I heard you to be saying there will only be "melting pot" action without any diagnostic "label" ever being brought into the picture on/from either side of the table.

Am I wrong there?