Page 3 of 5 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,546
Location: Humboldt County, California

26 May 2011, 1:09 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
ci wrote:
"I think there are many things causing people to be "on guard", and I think overcoming those will ultimately prove to be just a big a challenge as also already exists on the other side of the ideal "us with them progress.""


The economy is kind of a circular game of handing over money to one another. Progress must be part of that because when it's not it's a threat of inviability or the change that happens is still yet not creating enough equality. Social causes such as the civil rights movement in the 60's had mechanisms of loyalty. Amongst family and immediate friends a business that offers a very-part time position has a tendency of garnishing the loyalty of those individuals in relation to an individual. Although not entirely as interpersonally and relationally as effective what can still be effective and perhaps even more effective if done correctly is the public acknowledgement of the desire for progress by means of really inspiring and witty awareness and coordinating social mechanisms. The sticker for sponsored inclusion for instance is a symbol and acknowledgement for transitions skills development by a business so socially loyalty is derived potentially beyond immediate relational relevancy to a specific individual.

Beyond the obvious after some more experimentation I can be more descriptive. Getting people an opportunity to learn and have the experience of being part of the mainstream is an important step. It changes things for individuals and from there self-transitions are furthered enable. However the campaign I have put together the rule is inclusion as a whole cannot be dependent upon recognitions but simply enable transitional skills development as needed for individuals. Otherwise society will become dependent upon "recognitions" adaptively and not true melting pot theory.


Well not everyone wants to be part of the mainstream.......and I have always preferred the term salad to melting pot as it still respects that people have differences but can still behave in a civil manner towards each other. and maybe I don't totally understand where you are going with all this but people certainly should not face 'forced exclusion' due to disabilities.


Forced exclusion would be just the opposite of the intention. Also as far as choosing not be be part of the mainstream that is why I have spent time creating products. As some people just don't want a so called typical job and would rather work in structured settings amongst peers. It does seem like sometimes there is so many political correctness ideals to follow that they clash.

Ultimately the ethical delima is aside from these conflicts and is a what if scenario of should society be dependent upon awarded recognitions for including individuals with autism or should it do so without recognition. As it then becomes dependent upon facilitated recognition to be comprised of diversity and may hinder diversity by needing recognition to include otherwise transitionally skilled individuals with developmental disabilities.. My stipulation is that awarded recognition can be placed for otherwise sponsored placements for transitional skills development as this is more so sponsored circumstances which does not have the ethical delima.

I think I have made my decision on the ethical matter given the above.


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,064
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

26 May 2011, 1:13 pm

ci wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
ci wrote:
"I think there are many things causing people to be "on guard", and I think overcoming those will ultimately prove to be just a big a challenge as also already exists on the other side of the ideal "us with them progress.""


The economy is kind of a circular game of handing over money to one another. Progress must be part of that because when it's not it's a threat of inviability or the change that happens is still yet not creating enough equality. Social causes such as the civil rights movement in the 60's had mechanisms of loyalty. Amongst family and immediate friends a business that offers a very-part time position has a tendency of garnishing the loyalty of those individuals in relation to an individual. Although not entirely as interpersonally and relationally as effective what can still be effective and perhaps even more effective if done correctly is the public acknowledgement of the desire for progress by means of really inspiring and witty awareness and coordinating social mechanisms. The sticker for sponsored inclusion for instance is a symbol and acknowledgement for transitions skills development by a business so socially loyalty is derived potentially beyond immediate relational relevancy to a specific individual.

Beyond the obvious after some more experimentation I can be more descriptive. Getting people an opportunity to learn and have the experience of being part of the mainstream is an important step. It changes things for individuals and from there self-transitions are furthered enable. However the campaign I have put together the rule is inclusion as a whole cannot be dependent upon recognitions but simply enable transitional skills development as needed for individuals. Otherwise society will become dependent upon "recognitions" adaptively and not true melting pot theory.


Well not everyone wants to be part of the mainstream.......and I have always preferred the term salad to melting pot as it still respects that people have differences but can still behave in a civil manner towards each other. and maybe I don't totally understand where you are going with all this but people certainly should not face 'forced exclusion' due to disabilities.


Forced exclusion would be just the opposite of the intention. Also as far as choosing not be be part of the mainstream that is why I have spent time creating products. As some people just don't want a so called typical job and would rather work in structured settings amongst peers. It does seem like sometimes there is so many political correctness ideals to follow that they clash.

Ultimately the ethical delima is aside from these conflicts and is a what if scenario of should society be dependent upon awarded recognitions for including individuals with autism or should it do so without recognition. As it then becomes dependent upon facilitated recognition to be comprised of diversity and may hinder diversity by needing recognition to include otherwise transitionally skilled individuals with developmental disabilities.. My stipulation is that awarded recognition can be placed for otherwise sponsored placements for transitional skills development as this is more so sponsored circumstances which does not have the ethical delima.

I think I have made my decision on the ethical matter given the above.

I meant I was agreeing with you that people should not be excluded due to disabilities and such....but anyways I do not think the recognition of someones disability should cause people to assume that means the person is totally incompetent.......but it should still be recognized to the extent that they wont be held to the exact same standards as someone without the disability.



ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,546
Location: Humboldt County, California

26 May 2011, 3:05 pm

I am not speaking of a particular person but a psychosocial program in public relations that acknowledges businesses that sponsor transitional skills development with a door / window sticker and mentions in the media, radio and otherwise in coordination with quasi-government agencies. A campaign of this nature should not least at this time use any kind fo acknowledgement to benefit businesses that include otherwise disabled individuals with an ASD or DD of any kind whom are otherwise transitionally skilled and already included. This would create a psychosocial dependency on acknowledgements and they may include less simply because an acknowledgement structure is not existing. This would effect the human rights of individuals that are not part of any agency receiving funding for them.


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,064
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

26 May 2011, 3:14 pm

ci wrote:
I am not speaking of a particular person but a psychosocial program in public relations that acknowledges businesses that sponsor transitional skills development with a door / window sticker and mentions in the media, radio and otherwise in coordination with quasi-government agencies. A campaign of this nature should not least at this time use any kind fo acknowledgement to benefit businesses that include otherwise disabled individuals with an ASD or DD of any kind whom are otherwise transitionally skilled and already included. This would create a psychosocial dependency on acknowledgements and they may include less simply because an acknowledgement structure is not existing. This would effect the human rights of individuals that are not part of any agency receiving funding for them.


alright well I guess I am not exactly understanding what you want accomplished.....my brain sort of fails at comprehension today.



ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,546
Location: Humboldt County, California

26 May 2011, 3:17 pm

It is forethought of a civil rights-like inclusion campaign for developmental disability opportunity creation. Give me a few hours and I will reply with an interpersonal perspective of the issue.


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,304
Location: SE Pennsylvania

26 May 2011, 4:12 pm

You use alot of big words to explain difficult concepts, ci! You are explaining marketing, advertising, and activism. Heavy subjects if one is unfamiliar with the basics of them.

I think this is a very important topic and a great program. I'm going to try to break it down to see if I can help more people understand it because I think as many people as possible need to hear this. Please correct me if I'm wrong in anything.

The sticker and inclusion in the program is essentially a PR boon to the companies that participate. They will receive recognition since there is a broadcasting element to the awareness campaign. There will also be media coverage. Participating companies can claim their membership with press releases and in whatever creative ways they invent. The 'altruistic' interests of business are largely centered around what kind of publicity they can get from it even if the individual people in that company feel a personal connection to the cause or program.

The benefit to the program is that people that need these real life work opportunities get them. The program gets ASD individuals out of ineffective government run work programs that are not interested or incapable of teaching real work skills in a real work environment. The program is essentially taking that government middle man out of the process and placing individuals into real work situations with volunteer businesses that have agreed to help meet the needs, and make the necessary adaptations to facilitate the work experience. There will still be coaches on site as needed to help facilitate that learning process.

Is it safe to assume that you have a complete PR package for companies that participate? I'm also curious about the process of bringing these volunteer businesses on board - is there training, a packet of information, a video?



ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,546
Location: Humboldt County, California

26 May 2011, 4:21 pm

No volunteers unless allowed by government contract. Programs must be insured, have workman's comp for support staff and disabled individuals and pay support staff which is required most of the time. The PR component assists in creating awareness of inclusion to increase inclusive behavior by the business community. It is contracting the labor of individuals with developmental disabilities by technicality to perform tasks at business locations. Typically under the inclusive premise this is transitional skills development which is funded by the government. However the trick is getting people when they desire to be employed directly by businesses but still yet inclusion is inclusion contracted or directly hired.

This is the social services system I exist in. It is quite very much my life. So I really got to figure out what is different in your life and how to explain it.

Give me a few hours here and I will find a simple approach to explaining it and the ethical delima.


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,011
Location: 200 miles south of Little Rock

26 May 2011, 10:35 pm

draelynn wrote:
The program gets ASD individuals out of ... programs ... not interested or incapable of teaching real work skills in a real work environment.

I think that all sounds good, but is still really little more than a bit of fluff ...

... and to help see that ...

Quote:
The program gets ... individuals out of ... programs ...


_________________
I began looking for someone like me when I was five ...
My search ended at 59 ... right here on WrongPlanet.
==================================


ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,546
Location: Humboldt County, California

26 May 2011, 10:41 pm

Basic Overview

Government day programs exist to integrate individuals into the community. Over the past few years the government has mandated more of these programs focus on employment instead of just simply community inclusion. Many programs of the past even when focusing on employment integrations have really failed to create a community awareness for this “hope”. Even more bothersome is the reality that many of them focus simply on a model that keep qualifying participants restricted to programs themselves instead of independence which does enhance consumer retention thus profitability of the owners and directors.

I began Humboldt Includes to streamline public relations awareness and to entice the furthered probability of successful independence from programs. When independence apart from social service day programs is not chosen by participants then the focus still is on enhancing job opportunities by creating more of them and truelly providing a diverse choice. Hence removing the obstacles of a lack of motivation, innovation and at times inspiration from program administrators. This streamlined methodology will place a tool in the hands of tax payer funded programs to get participants in the door of chosen opportunities so that they may experience and live a more free life.

Existing now is an absents of diverse choice and absents of strategic progressions though is better then nothing. Formulated groups employment activities such as lawn care, house cleaning and repetitive activities like paper shredding and packing jobs. Albiet some enjoy the repetition and the opportunities provided mainstream direct employment is of yet unreachable to individuals when they lack the transitional skills necessary and the inclusion campaign qualifies businesses to be awarded recognition for being open minded and supportive to the developmental disability minority group.

Conclusion

Tax payer money and the compassion of Americans while generous must be utilized in a way to the greatest benefit. The system must be constructed in a way that decreases when possible the dependency of individuals whilst realistically enticing gainful independence. Left in the hands of special interest alone the leadership and methodology lack. Push them with intelligent autism self-advocacy based leadership and more results occur and more awareness made..


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,011
Location: 200 miles south of Little Rock

26 May 2011, 10:51 pm

ci wrote:
Basic Overview

Government day programs exist ...
Over the past few years the government has mandated more of these programs focus on employment ...

Conclusion

Tax payer money ... must be utilized in a way to the greatest benefit ...

As long as people are working, neither the government nor the typical taxpayer cares about the kind of work being done and/or how satisfied or fulfilled the working person might feel and/or thereby receive benefit.


_________________
I began looking for someone like me when I was five ...
My search ended at 59 ... right here on WrongPlanet.
==================================


Last edited by leejosepho on 26 May 2011, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,546
Location: Humboldt County, California

26 May 2011, 10:53 pm

leejosepho wrote:
ci wrote:
Basic Overview

Government day programs exist ...
Over the past few years the government has mandated more of these programs focus on employment ...

Conclusion

Tax payer money ... must be utilized in a way to the greatest benefit ...

As long as people are working, neither the government nor the typical taxpayer cares about the kind of work being done and/or how satisfied the working person feels.


Built into the law is consumer choice which is a mandated regulation in the Lanterman Act. Additionally the tax-payer does care about the long-term costations. The Lanterman Act is human rights law.


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,011
Location: 200 miles south of Little Rock

26 May 2011, 10:55 pm

ci wrote:
Built into the law is consumer choice ...

You are either missing or ignoring the simple point:

As long as people are working, neither the government nor the typical taxpayer cares about the kind of work being done and/or how satisfied or fulfilled the working person might feel and/or thereby receive benefit.


_________________
I began looking for someone like me when I was five ...
My search ended at 59 ... right here on WrongPlanet.
==================================


draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,304
Location: SE Pennsylvania

26 May 2011, 10:57 pm

ci wrote:
Basic Overview

Government day programs exist to integrate individuals into the community. Over the past few years the government has mandated more of these programs focus on employment instead of just simply community inclusion. Many programs of the past even when focusing on employment integrations have really failed to create a community awareness for this “hope”. Even more bothersome is the reality that many of them focus simply on a model that keep qualifying participants restricted to programs themselves instead of independence which does enhance consumer retention thus profitability of the owners and directors.

I began Humboldt Includes to streamline public relations awareness and to entice the furthered probability of successful independence from programs. When independence apart from social service day programs is not chosen by participants then the focus still is on enhancing job opportunities by creating more of them and truelly providing a diverse choice. Hence removing the obstacles of a lack of motivation, innovation and at times inspiration from program administrators. This streamlined methodology will place a tool in the hands of tax payer funded programs to get participants in the door of chosen opportunities so that they may experience and live a more free life.

Existing now is an absents of diverse choice and absents of strategic progressions though is better then nothing. Formulated groups employment activities such as lawn care, house cleaning and repetitive activities like paper shredding and packing jobs. Albiet some enjoy the repetition and the opportunities provided mainstream direct employment is of yet unreachable to individuals when they lack the transitional skills necessary and the inclusion campaign qualifies businesses to be awarded recognition for being open minded and supportive to the developmental disability minority group.

Conclusion

Tax payer money and the compassion of Americans while generous must be utilized in a way to the greatest benefit. The system must be constructed in a way that decreases when possible the dependency of individuals whilst realistically enticing gainful independence. Left in the hands of special interest alone the leadership and methodology lack. Push them with intelligent autism self-advocacy based leadership and more results occur and more awareness made..


8O WOW!

That read like a perfect press release for a totally uneducated audience being introduced to the concepts for the first time. Clear, concise and very persuasive!

I get it now. And hopefully, alot of other people will as well. It sounds like an excellent pilot program that would 'franchise' well across the country.

Thank you!



ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,546
Location: Humboldt County, California

26 May 2011, 10:59 pm

The simple point is having someone shred paper and alike opportunities as satisfactory is wrong headed. Transitional skills development with the support of awareness and sponsorships enhances choice more equal to the mainstream population, improves chances of self-sufficiency and quality of life.

If your statements were brought forth to professionals here they wouldn't bother with them.


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


Last edited by ci on 26 May 2011, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,011
Location: 200 miles south of Little Rock

26 May 2011, 11:06 pm

ci wrote:
The simple point is having someone shred paper and alike opportunities as satisfactory is wrong headed.

I understand your point and I happen to agree, but that does not change the fact of the matter:

Neither the government nor the typical taxpayer cares as long as the individual is working.


_________________
I began looking for someone like me when I was five ...
My search ended at 59 ... right here on WrongPlanet.
==================================