What are some foods you just can't stand?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 6:53 am

glider18 wrote:
I dislike foods with cilantro in it. Cilantro has a chemical/ metal taste to me.

I don't like cilantro/coriander either, but I can eat it if it's well distributed in another food.

I was told to take coriander tea, once. blech!

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 6:59 am

Onions are my bane. They're in everything and I really hate the taste of them. Leeks are okay and I love garlic... it's just onions that are the problem.

I also really can't stand coconut. They put it on a lot of sweets and I just find it's hard to even finish chewing.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 7:26 am

I can't stand to be in the same room with an open can of beets.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 May 2011, 7:52 am

Caraway seeds. The disgusting smell and taste make me go dizzy and feel nauseous.
There's other stuff I'm not particularly fond of, but I think that's about it in the "can't stand" department.

Bleu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 May 2011, 8:38 am

(Bell) peppers taste like vomit to me. Sorry to be gross, but I just can't eat them. Radish tastes like soil to me and I also don't eat it. I also had such a hard time eating meat (veeeeeins, fat, everything) that I just gave up on it. The only meat I do eat is fish/seafood but even that grosses me out from time to time. However if I had to pick one it would be the evil peppers, ugh.

I used to really hate coconut, mustard and tomatoes (which I had once and then not at all until I was 6) but I'm okay with all of that now.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 9:02 am

Mashed potato or Jacket potato with butter on. I hate the combination of butter and potato, it makes me feel queasy.

Also blancmange...It's the texture. What is that stuff anyway its like a mutation of mousse and jelly combined! I like jelly, I like mousse just not in one dessert, yack.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 9:07 am

Sweet potatoes make me gag.
But that's pretty much it.
I'm really not picky at all.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:06 am

Corned beef, corned beef hash (looks & smells gross, & makes me gag), over ripe bananas, pate (made the mistake of trying it once at a party & it was all I could do to keep from throwing up). I think that's all.

I love all kinds of different textures & flavors excluding the items above. Have to actually try something first to see if I like it unless it smells bad & in that case, I won't. I've pretty much always been like that too.

Tomboy

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

Carotene
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2011, 11:23 am

Meatloaf is absolutely putrid to me. I'm on your side on this one. I can't STAND the stuff. Just SMELLING it can make me gag.

I also hate pork, most sweet things, fast food, and most "canned" things. You know those frozen "dinners"? I can't even imagine eating them for dinner. Ugh.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 May 2011, 11:41 am

Anything slimy (mayonnaise, guacamole, tartar sauce, etc) is a deal breaker, and I can't swallow it; guaranteed to come right up :eew: . Leafy vegetables also tickle my gag reflex, and I can't get those down unless I cut them up really fine. As far as taste, I really dislike the taste of fish. I can force myself to eat fish to be polite, but it's hard.

Charles

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:45 am

I forgot tartar sauce & 1000 Island dressing. I will eat mayonnaise on a sandwich if it's spread super thin with no globs (I don't like it that much), or ketchup, or pickles, but when you mix them together into 1000 Island dressing, it's just disgusting to me. I think it's a combination of the texture & the taste that I don't like. Same for tartar sauce, it's 2/3s of 1000 Island Dressing. Also Miracle Whip...that stuff is just plain nasty.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

bergie
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2011, 11:50 am

Tomatoes (non-sauceified)
Seafood
Steak
Raw Onions
Non-sweetened, cooked squash
Non-Black Olives

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:53 am

Parsnips = EVIL!

They seem to go between being woody and bitter tasting, through to soft and sort of sweet but bitter.
Once I went to my ex's mothers for Christmas dinner, whole extended family there, and I bit into a parsnip thinking it was a nice roast potato. I couldn't spit it out in front of everyone, couldn't get out to run to the bathroom, so I had to try to swallow it - the most disgusting and rude gagging noises came from my throat when trying to swallow, the whole family looked at me with disgust. :oops:

Parsnips is the only food I can't take - for me it's when people put food to the side, like bits of gristle to the side of their plates, that makes me really freak-out and ill. I had food phobias as a kid too; solid foods, meat in particular, couldn't understand how to swallow solid foods.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 4:40 am

gristle
greazy rubbery blubbery FAT
orange grease which sticks to the lids of cheap canned foods
the condensate which develops in old cartons of yogurt
diet mayo- truly vile :eew:
anything with tentacles and suction cups on it [octopii and squid]
animal brains [i tried a morsel and almost turned myself inside out from gagging] :eew:
tripe [see above]
chitlins [see above] :eew:
bear meat- greazy and gamy :eew:
duck [like a greasy gamy chicken]

Seph
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2011, 4:54 am

Sweet potatoes... texture
Meet loaf... makes me think of eating sponges for some reason...
Cole slaw... I don't know... I just never got past the look of it and the name...

hmm I'm sure there are other things... Most food I enjoy though. I'm not a picky eater by any stretch...

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 6:28 am

Normal stuff-mushrooms and olives