Telling the difference between single & taken?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 9:11 pm

I always check their fingers to see if there are any rings on them. A ring on the left hand is obviously means taken but some people wear them on the right too which can make things confusing. I suppose finding their online profiles is one answer. I hate online social networks and never use them so for me I have to find other people who might know. Nevertheless I always do a scouting report on people before considering them.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 1:41 am

crmoore wrote:
One of my biggest hangups about asking women out on dates (or lack thereof) has been my inability to tell whether or not they're single & available or they have a significant other. As far back as I can remember, I could never tell the difference except for the most obvious of clues (mentioning their boyfriend in a conversation, talking to them w/ their boyfriend by their side, etc.). I know life isn't a Facebook profile where you can clearly see their relationship status. Is there any way to tell the difference (besides said obvious clues) between someone who's single and someone who has a significant other?

The easiest way to tell is to just ask her if she has a boyfriend.

galtor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 May 2011, 4:46 pm

I don't know what I am doing but I think that...

Women dress more proactively if they are single. They tend to flirt more, interact more with other men. If the female is taken and you try to flirt with her then she will indirectly imply that you shouldn't be flirting with her.

You can't really tell from a distance but once you start talking to that person normally you can get a feel for a relationship.

Also, does the woman go out a lot. Is there a guy with her? If she is at a party, does she hang with her friends or flirt with other guys?

And for a guy, we are never single. We are always looking, married or not.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 5:21 pm

Quote:
And for a guy, we are never single. We are always looking, married or not.

I must change the gender on my profile to female then.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 6:39 pm

I read somewhere that most girls usually name-drop their boyfriend into the conversation at some point if they think the other guy is hitting on them.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 9:20 pm

I let you in on a secret.

It's called not giving a s**t if she is taken or not.

If she is not into you, she will lie and say she has a boyfriend.

If the boyfriend gets all "Im gonna kick your ass!" simply state you respect boundaries and and back off.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 9:32 pm

RICKY5 wrote:
It's called not giving a sh** if she is taken or not.

What if she's married, and the husband doesn't directly say he's going to muff you up but you'd still be enabling a cheater? In that case I'd feel sorry for the guy and reject the offer.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 11:02 pm

Tequila wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
It's called not giving a sh** if she is taken or not.

What if she's married, and the husband doesn't directly say he's going to muff you up but you'd still be enabling a cheater? In that case I'd feel sorry for the guy and reject the offer.

Being some aging tramp's quick validation fix is not my idea of fun.