Night 40%  40%  [ 49 ]
Doesn't matter 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Doesn't matter 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 124

LunarMoon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jan 2005, 7:06 pm

I’m definitely a night person. Every day, in which I have a day off on the following day, I usually stay up to at least 3:00 A.M. In the morning I usually just hit the alarm and go back to sleep when I don’t have any obligations to attend to. I’d rather perform all my work very late at night than at any other time.
Edit: Sorry, I forgot to fill in my neurological type correctly,or moreso the method of finding it. I've diagnosed myself as one with Asperger's syndrome through careful study of the mental state. The conditions almost completely matched up and all tests taken reguarding my mental well-being have proven positive in my accomodation of Asperger's Syndrome. So far, I've taken 5 tests, Could someone please direct me to others?

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2005, 9:08 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet LunarMoon! Five online tests sounds like plenty to suggest to you whether you have AS... I don't know what other information you have looked at, but I find this a useful starting point for info - http://www.aspergerinformation.net/

there are loads of links including some tests and you may find it useful, also have a lurk here on WP - you should get a fair picture.

Dunc :D [/url]

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

LunarMoon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jan 2005, 9:27 pm

Thanks, dunkvis. It's great to be here. The study of Asperger's Syndrome has become a bit of an obsession, though I'll probably move back to my obsession with physics or dinosaurs once I've learned all the information regarding it. Even though I’ve already studied it extensively, it’s a very nice resource and I intend to read the page you’ve provided.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2005, 6:09 am

Dan wrote:
It's 4:26 and I'm still up.

Guess how I voted :)

LOL, Dan... just lately I have been worse than ever, not going to sleep until after 5am some nights cos my brain has been ticking - I'm adjusting to new meds at present too which probably explains last night's extension into this morning (and the erratic nature of my posts today.... please standby until normal service is resumed... :wink: )

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2005, 3:05 pm

Quote:
I am a "morning" person because I can't sleep. I have been waking up routinely at 4:30 am off and on for quite a while now.

That doesn't mean that I'm "awake" at any time during the day, though.

Wouldn't that make you a night person? :?

Quote:
It's 4:26 and I'm still up.

Guess how I voted

Night?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2005, 2:31 pm

Morning

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2005, 2:39 pm

Sometimes I become so much of a night person that I get around to being a morning person again.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2005, 10:05 am

I am most definately a morning person. I often go to bed at 830 at night but wake up as early as 4am. I arrive at school at 645am. When i was working at mcdonalds i would have to be at work at 5, but riding a bike i had to leave at 415am, i was up at 3am

synchro
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2005, 11:15 am

I have been a night person my entire life, until recently. When I was a kid, I used to sleep in very late when school wasn’t in session. When school was in session, I was the kid who was frequently late and who fell asleep in class. I had an astronomy hobby as well, which kept me up progressively later the older I grew.

Another reason I would stay up all night is for the peace and quiet. I’ve never had any true privacy in my life and have always lived with family. The people in my family are the type who absolutely must have the television on at all times, whether they are watching it or not. “I need the noise in the house,” my mom has said. When I read, I have to have silence, so I would wait until everyone is in bed and the television turned off.

About a year ago my sleeping habits took a dramatic shift. This is due to the program of exercise I use which includes doing cardiovascular exercise first thing in the morning. Currently, I awake without an alarm at 7:00 AM every day, without fail. This is the first time in my life I have ever had a normal sleep schedule.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2005, 7:33 am

I cant let myself sleep in, if i wake up after 7 on the weekends it feels like i have wasted half the day. If i sleep past 530 on a schoolday, while i am still on time, i feel late. My alarm clock is 50 mintes fast

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2005, 12:20 pm

oh yea..i'm a night person big time..the only time i go to bed early (11ish at that) is when i have to work the next morning..other than that it'll be 3 in the morning before i hit the sack (the coffee doesn't help either!)

neotopian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2005, 6:55 am

I voted night , but I tend to operate at my best in the grey area where "Very late" somehow becomes "very early".

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2005, 7:56 pm

morning person, for some reason iam just better in the morning, go figure

merien_took
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2005, 8:34 pm

synchro wrote:
Another reason I would stay up all night is for the peace and quiet.

I agree! I used to live in a dorm where it would be noisy well past midnight. The only time it was quiet enough for me to actually relax was late at night.

Ebi
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2005, 10:56 pm

No matter how hard I try, I can't get up early to save my life. It's just not on me. Probably the only times I've been awake at 5 a.m recently, have been related to catching a plane on the airport (then again, I don't do that everyday, unlike getting to work)

Thank goodness I have a job where I can enter at 9:30 in the morning and not 8 o'clock as it is customary here - besides, who wants to face all those terrible traffic jams, crashes and collective, miserable hysteria the hour before? Certainly not me. I spend 15 minutes in a commute that would otherwise take me more than an hour to accomplish.

Usually, the only time left for me to take care of my personal things does not come before 11 pm, which, on years of habit, have turned me into a night person. I could spend most of the night reading, working on my stuff, etc... if only people weren't expecting you first thing in the morning.

Katie-IL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Feb 2005, 1:40 am

I guess another seemingly unrelated Aspie trait is being nocturnal.