What are the worst experiences you've had?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 7:56 pm

I know some of us go through challenges with NTs who don't understand our needs. Sometimes we are denied anything because we are over 18 or because we are treated the same way they are. That's why I was wondering if any of you have ever had such experiences with NTs that made you literally meltdown until they realized your needs...

For me, there was a time when my mom was in the hospital once and they had this one person in the room only real. I had a meltdown because I didn't want to be left alone in the waiting room after the nurse said I couldn't go in with my dad. So my dad had to sit there and tell her about my autism and whatever saying I can't be left alone or without him and she had to go and talk to the others and they let me in with him.

That's really the only worst experience with my autism that I have faced. There are minor things though like at one time the anime con I went to, I had a meltdown because me and my mom were unaware that the autographs were ticketed and you could only get an autograph if you had a ticket for it... and I didn't have one... yeah... big HUGE mess. Someone was nice enough to give me their ticket and I was fine. But around me, my mom said people were saying really mean things because I was melting down.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 8:24 pm

The worst was in the job centre last year.
I informed an adviser that I'm an aspie, she started out nice and tried to find a way to get my nursing degree. Only the second appointment she ran a job search - this is based on your agreement with them, you have to apply for x number of jobs to keep your benefits - for the previous two years they had call centre work in my agreement, despite my informing them I struggle to use a telephone. She got this, but unfortunately decided this meant I'd been applying for jobs I had no intention of taking and thus I was not keeping to my agreement - despite the fact I HAD to apply for these. She told me she was going to kick me off my benefits and that I had to go on disability benefits. I had a meltdown, which lead her to tell me I'm 'mentally unable' of working. The job centre know I have needs, just unfortunately it was embarrassing and they still make me apply for unsuitable jobs.

I had a meltdown last week too before an exam for my sign language class.
I get excluded in class every lesson so I can't practice - tutor and autism support team do nothing about this - on top of stress of an exam the students started talking about autism, it got too much and I had a meltdown. The tutor mistook this for a breakdown, now both her and the autism team have decided rather than take the exam a day late I have to take the re-sit - this means only one chance to pass, when I don't get a chance to practice, as well as keeping things up in the air causing stress, and I don't know if I should go to my next class. It's shown them that my exclusion from class is a major problem, not sure what they're going to do or if I'll even get to stay.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 8:32 pm

If were talking one specific event, then there's one recently that really stands out in my mind.

We had been studying simple machines in engineering class, and the time finally came that we actually got to start building them. We got into groups, and our objective was to build a compound machine and do a bunch of efficiency calculations on it.

At first I just let the other 3 people in my group plan out the design. It was early in the school year, and I didn't want to gain a reputation for being a control freak as*hole guy. So we start building the design, and I realized that it didn't work. It was just a basic pulley system. All it did was redirect the force, it had no efficiency whatsoever and it wasn't even a compound machine.

I felt that I had no choice but to take matters into my own hands. I started moving things around and adding more to it. As I was doing this, I tried my best to explain why. Evidently that wasn't enough. I even finished my modifications to it and showed them why my design worked better, but they wouldn't get it.

At this point I was getting furious. They wanted to take it back to the way it was originally. No matter how much I persuaded them that their design would not get us a good grade they did not listen to me. I eventually just caved in and let them do whatever. I called them a bunch of idiots and other things I shouldn't have said, and I really made an ass of myself.

Then we got to the actual calculations, I was done with them in 2 minutes because there was nothing to calculate. Everyone else in the group didn't even know what to do, much less how to do it. It was almost as if they hadn't done anything the whole week prior to that day. It was totally obvious they had no idea what they were doing, and I didn't bother wasting my time trying to help them.

needless to say, for the next project we did, I was allowed to work by myself. And guess what happened after that. Instant respect. They have seen me as a genius ever since. Now if only I could be a genius and still not be an as*hole at the same time.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 10:14 pm

I had my t-shirt set on fire by a kid in studyhall when I was in high school. All the teacher who was incharge of the class did was take the kid's lighter away from him. When I complained he yelled. "I never have trouble in this class until you show up!" I was spit on and beat up in his studyhall before being set on fire that studyhall had all the rejects in the school. There were other studyhalls but all the trouble makers were in that one. I was like a piece of decoy used to distract the as*holes from bothering the teacher.

No one did nothing about it until two girls went to the office to tell on pyro-maniac and the apathetic teacher. Nothing happened to the teacher for not doing anything but the firebug was suspended for a little while. His excuse for doing nothing was that he was sick and tired of having to come to my rescue. :roll:

When I was working in a resteraunt I had two idiots dump 250 salads I made for a banquet back into the lettuce barrel. When I went to tell the boss they were done. These were fully completed salads they had tomato, carrots, cellery, and cuccumber on them now all mixed in with the lettuce. I was done a half a hour before the banqeut. When I saw all the work ruined I had a violent meltdown. I chased the two idiots but they made it to the parking lot. The boss heard me swearing and punching the metal wall making my knuckles leave behind flesh and blood on the wall. I punched out and left I had had 9 years wasted in that crap hole and had enough. The boss, a hostess, and the owner had to re-make salads in a half hour. When my boss was re-making the salads he saw how much blood was on the wall so he picked me up walking home I allwed them to x-ray my hand but refused to let them stitch them up. I agreed to work two more weeks before quiting and he fired the two idiots he also charged them for the salads they dumped.

For those two weeks they thought I was going to come in shooting. I did nothing except try to start fights between the idiots. I also told people what their fellow co-workers had said about them behind their backs. Things like who thought so and so's girlfriend was ugly, who thought whats his names kid was slow witted ect, ect, ect. I hope I had them hating each other before I left. I hope they all die.

FTM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2011, 1:19 am

Making a speech at my sisters wedding. As my father is dead I had to give the bride away, my speech lasted two sentances and I couldn't remember my sisters husbands name when I tried to toast them so I just sat down and had a drink.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 1:24 am

I've always had meltdowns but sometimes I just scream when something happens. Like I hate people who are rude and negative too. One time I had a problem with my laptop and the guy who gave us a refund or something for it... because it refused to load up... he almost kind of blamed me for getting a virus on it. I fell onto the ground and started screaming, almost in tears until my mom told him I was autistic.

Another time was when at walmart, these cops were arresting this go for shoplifting, he was yelling and screaming and I started panicking so much that my parents had to go to the other wal-mart. I refused to go into the wal-mart because I easily frightened by what was happening.

But those are just little things that weren't really meltdown-induced; just a screaming sort of attack where I became frightened and startled by something I had no control over.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive