Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 6:36 pm

LynnCW wrote:
Bringing this thread back. :). I have a blanket that I have to have when I go to bed. I rub the edges of it every night.

That's what i do with my blanket! I just got it and it's like really soft like my scarfy.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 4893_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2003_n.jpg

I don't bring it with me unless I'm traveling of course but if i did my mom would have a fit. She's only NOW accepting the fact that I have to carry around my Axel plush every where I go. The scarf is easy because I can put it around my neck like a scarf is supposed to do and not worry about lugging it around like a security blanket.

I am starting to wean myself from Axel though, I really hate to. Thing is, part of the reason is because he's starting to show his age. Not long ago I had to give him emergency surgery on his neck by poorly sewing the gash he had and it sucked. He'll be four years old this year come anime con time. My poor buddy...

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

MynameisAnna
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jul 2012, 6:46 pm

my comfort object is my tennis ball.
I got him at school.
his name is Wilson.
he's green.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 6:52 pm

Anything stimulating, such as music or movies, can be a comfort object to me. Mere physical objects can't be of much comfort for me whenever I'm anxious.

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2012, 7:28 pm

Always have to have a book (science/ancient history (my obsessions) or fantasy) even when carrying an ipad loaded with ebooks to read (they don't fill all the requirements), I'd think books count.

Also need first aid kit, screwdriver set, compass, pen/paper and torch in my bag/pockets. One thing I cant cope without is a square of any holographic wrapping paper (has to have blue to purple part of the spectrum) having it makes me feel safer/calmer and looking at it de-stresses me.

At home I have a stuffed Penguin (Bob) Rabbit (Roger) and Dinosaur (Dino) I've had for 20+ years.

My weirdest thing is I can use lab coats as a comfort blanket at work, when I'm wearing one all my anxiety goes, I'm more confident feel less isolated and able to function at 100%.

Have to say if something makes you feel safe happy, comfortable and less anxious then so much the better.

PokemonChampionIris
Raven
Raven

14 Jul 2012, 8:36 pm

Computers/MP3 Player.

I'd have to say, unless you count computers...MP3 players.
:?

I totally break down over not having one when they break/i think they broke/are 'lost'.....

But I also cannot stand bordom. I tend to bring my Nintendo DS everywhere (and, trying to use my 'imagionation' when im bored tends to cause real headaches.....)

And it doesn't exactly feel 'right' if my Pokemon Sapphire game isnt in the bottom slot.
:( 8O

~Pokemon Trainer for LIFE...~

LazerHoots
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jul 2019, 2:23 am

I know this is an old thread. But I thought I'd add to it anyway.

For home, I have heatable stuffed animals. Just pop them in the microwave and bam. Warm and cuddly. They also smell of lavender, which is incredibly relaxing. I have to get a new one every couple of months cause they start to smell pretty burnt after a while since I use them so much. I'm currently using this one.

For the great outdoors/not at home I have my pocket knife. I feel incredibly insecure without it. I also can't leave home without a couple of rubber bands, or hair elastics that I may or may not have stolen from my sister... :silent: They help with stimming and relieving stress. I can fidget with them while my hands are in my pockets and no one is any the wiser.

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jul 2019, 7:36 am

I have a beaded bracelet. I like feeling the texture of it. Also, when you spin it the beads make a nice sound.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 8:39 am

I like to watch cat videos when I'm stressed out. They make me smile and laugh. There is a channel I watch devoted to cute pet videos.

This sounds weird, but I like my Technifibre tennis racket. Not only do I enjoy the physical exercise of tennis, but it also makes me think of Denis Istomin, who uses that brand and is a source of inspiration to me.

I also love watching my favorite players (Nadal, Federer, Nishikori, Istomin) play matches.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 8:43 am

Mynameisanna,

Do you play tennis? I also have a tennis related item on my list, my racket. I bought it from my tennis instructor last year. Two of my favorite players use that brand, Technifibre.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 10:03 am

IstominFan wrote:
I like to watch cat videos when I'm stressed out. They make me smile and laugh. There is a channel I watch devoted to cute pet videos.

Snap.
Second screen on my work computer tends to go to our "Work place stress reduction service" which is a webcam at a cat rescue/ welfare organisation giving a 24 hour live feed of cats and kittens.